Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The L33t players...

So after a couple of weeks into the event i've had the privilege (I guess lol) to play with quite a few "l33t" players or atleast ones that think they are all that and a bag of chips xD

Anyways, i've observed their behavior in our runs and things they said.

The one thing I noticed that most have in common is the fact that they think they are sooo much better as a person than those who "suck" at the game. You can hear it in their voice when they speak and talk down such players.

I have pretty good gear especially for someone who doesnt really have any "real" friends on the game. I mostly afk, play once in a while, and play everytime there's an event.

I dont really understand why these players act that way. I mean they were basically cool with me only cuz I had cool stuff so pretty much if I had less than awesome stuff they wouldnt have given me a chance to join their parties or talk to me for that matter haha.

Seriously these players must really lead some pathetic real lives and have a case of low self-esteem. This shows greatly in how they look down on those players who arent the best or dont have uber gear. It's like they finally did something awesome in their pathetic lives that they can finally say "i'm better than you...".

Hahaha.

Now I must admit some of these guys are actually really good. For example I was running with some guys last time with uber gear and all that good stuff all lvl 180 blah blah blah and we were clearing all 4 blocks easy. I will not lie those games were really enjoyable seeing as I never been in a party that was organized and that actually listened and played as a team.

To top it off these guys were kinda cool and there wasnt much hate towards those who sucked.

I also noticed that alot of the players who think that are "l33t" are the worse ones too. They are decent at best but yet they think they are sooo much better than anyone else when in reality they arent even that good.

Another thing is the fact that getting good at psu isnt really an acomplishment (yup) because this game doesnt really require much skill to do so. It's a rather simple game. So feeling "l33t" just because you are good at psu doesnt really mean anything seeing as getting good at the game is really simple.

As for myself anyone can play with me as long as they are a decent party. By that I mean if you dont know how to do the mission fine as long as you can follow instructions and CO-OPERATE then you are on the right track. However those who do not want to co-operate and just dont care and want to do what they want then those get booted or not invited. A good example of this would be a guy in my team last time. He was a 180 GM, but yet our FF with a handgun had to do all of the GM's work such as hitting the traps and the switches in the bonus missions. We asked him to help since he would be better at it but ignored it and just wanted to do his thing so we had to boot his ass.

To get far in this event (the bonus) you must co-operae and play as a team.

So there you have it people another topic about me just speaking my mind (as usual). By the "l33t" players standards I could look down upon players who arent as good but I choose not to because I tend to get along better with players who dont have the "l33t" mentality.

You can use the "this takes no skill" mentality in anything you want to evaluate and say that it's not an accomplishment.

Yeah, those elitist types can go suck an egg. Sure, talk down on me because my weapons, or armor, or whatever you want to make fun of, "suck" by your standards. I don't care. At all. I play PSU to talk with friends and hang out whilst doing missions/getting experience/finding rares. If I get a good weapon or something, that's just a bonus. The people that treat PSU like it's some kind of profession or something need to grow up and pull their heads out of their asses.

PSU isn't even a competitive game. It's a co-operative game. They just try and make it a competition, even if you don't want to be a part of it.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if some of them ended up posting in this very thread, seeing as they seem to love it when "inferior" players complain about how "good" they are.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Dec 13, 2010 at 08:45 PM.

where's the tl;dr version?
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

*clunk clunk clunk*

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    where's the tl;dr version?
    the first run-on sentence.
    Starting over on Xbox360!

CLOBBERSAURUS beast F Lvl 40 PT 3
    HK119 cast F Lvl 10 ranger...

Bah. I paid no attention to them. Let them do what they want and boot them if they start causing problems.

Im not sure if i come under the leet players list or not as i do have 50% 10/10 weps and im very much about doing runs fast Why would i want to run missions in 15mins instead of doing them in 5-7mins? however in random parties am polite and some how put up with the dumb rumours and stupidity 4 years ive had to hear such bs.
    Im all about helping those that want to be helped ill happily give tips to speed up runs or just things that make runs more enjoyable easier i mean faster runs= more shiny things! more shiny things=more meseta to buy nice items that you want.
    Note just cause i use 50% weps i run with all kinds of different groups of friends some with very good stuff some with just average stuff having good weapons doesnt make somebody instantly good (Yes this game still takes a degree of skill as a matter of fact any game can take skill if you take it serious)
    I guess that constant arguement pops up again Casual gamer Vs Hardcore Gamer they dont mix do they lol
    Im very much the hardcore gamer i take things seriously i like to do things the right way same goes for me in the real world im all about doing my job the right way(Chef)

Let me also stress ill run with nearly anyone Regardless of weapons aslong as they are not just plain stupid.
    Last edited by Cloudstrife xx; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
    ★☆F i g h t e r f o r l i f e☆★
    GT:VictoriX VII

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstrife xx View Post
    Im not sure if i come under the leet players list or not as i do have 50% 10/10 weps and im very much about doing runs fast Why would i want to run missions in 15mins instead of doing them in 5-7mins? however in random parties am polite and some how put up with the dumb rumours and stupidity 4 years ive had to hear such bs.
    Im all about helping those that want to be helped ill happily give tips to speed up runs or just things that make runs more enjoyable easier i mean faster runs= more shiny things! more shiny things=more meseta to buy nice items that you want.
    Note just cause i use 50% weps i run with all kinds of different groups of friends some with very good stuff some with just average stuff having good weapons doesnt make somebody instantly good (Yes this game still takes a degree of skill as a matter of fact any game can take skill if you take it serious)
    I guess that constant arguement pops up again Casual gamer Vs Hardcore Gamer they dont mix do they lol
    Im very much the hardcore gamer i take things seriously i like to do things the right way same goes for me in the real world im all about doing my job the right way(Chef)

Let me also stress ill run with nearly anyone Regardless of weapons aslong as they are not just plain stupid.

It's no problem if you take pride in something you do (even a video game), but just as long as you don't spit on others for not....how do I put this...."trying as hard"? If you don't care what weapons or armor someone uses, and just play with them for fun or social purposes, then you aren't doing anything wrong at all. Like you, I'll play with anyone who isn't a complete fool, regardless of equipment. I'm glad to see some "upper-tier" players with your attitude.

Spoiler!

And, I will agree that this game takes some skill. It's important to know which weapons to use in certain situations (and what PAs to go along with them). It's also important to know enemy spawn timing, consistency, elements, etc.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:55 PM.

Do not underestimate the TA. If you do, it will require more patience and time than you can possibly imagine.

just putting my 2 cents in on this topic. i agree with the OP. i get tired of seeing people on the 5th floor spamming for 170+ parties and stuff. just cause you're not a certain lvl doesn't mean you suck. then on the flip side, just cause you're 180 doesn't mean you're good either. and Cloudstrife xx, you seem to have a really good mentality, there's certainly nothing wrong with having 50% 10/10 weapons and stuff, but its when people think that's the only thing everyone should have where i get annoyed. i'm glad to see someone whose got gear like that and is still willing to play with just about anyone.