Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Default PSO-World's Phantasy Star Podcast: Episode 3 review

Episode 3 is now up! This episode deviated from the usual format, but we'd still like to know what you guys thought about the interview overall. As a side note, Ryna dislikes my PSP2 chain advice, though I intended that as a general rule for most smaller enemies. I wouldn't suggest breaking a 5 chain on bigger/buffed enemies, personally

Also, the email address to send stuff in to is [email protected]

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 18, 2010 at 08:44 AM.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I never knew Stephanie Komure was a member of PSOW. If she's reading this, you did a wonderful job!

If you do get another VA interview, maybe next time you should get Nick Tagas, the voice of Ethan Waber.

Koji - LV. 158 HU/VA
    Sakuya - LV. 78 VA
    Sarah - LV. 9 FO

She's got a pretty nice mic. I like the use of music and sound in this episode too.

You guys got my word. If you read it of course.

There were a couple of things I liked hearing even though I'm not a a PSP fan but--!
    There was one thing that really bothered me ... XD...

PSO/PSU: Not a MMORPG, its a MORPG. Not a massive game where you play with 5000 people simultaneously. heh XD Its really not that big of a deal though, just wanted to toss that out there.

Other than that I thought it was pretty cool you guys got someone who was largely involved in a PS game to interview with. Next time you guys have an interview you should take viewer questions or something a week beforehand. I don't remember if you guys were taking questions or not but that would of been cool. I know if you guys had an interview with one of the game producers...I'd have all kinds of questions! Oh man...a lot.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next podcast because I think there is a lot to discuss that has been on the forums. Especially the PSO2 forums. There have been a lot of heated debates that you guys cannot pass up....!
    ☆PSO☆

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well we still have another episode that's already been recorded coming up with someone who does work at SoA involved. After that episode though, I would like to re-touch on some PSO2 focused discussion again.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by kojikatsuya View Post
    I never knew Stephanie Komure was a member of PSOW. If she's reading this, you did a wonderful job!
    THANKS, Kojikatsuya! I had a ton of fun, and it was so nice of everyone to have me! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    She's got a pretty nice mic. I like the use of music and sound in this episode too.
    I just used the mic that came standard in my MacBook Pro. I was going to plug in my Blue Snowflake USB mic (I love that thing cause it's tiny/portable and I use it for auditions when I'm out of town), but I had an interesting enough time setting up Vent that I just figured adding in the external mic could just complicate things. Oooh, but I love telling people about my professional home studio set-up cause it's awesome! I use a full Whisper Room isolation sound booth with Mackie Onyx Satellite, and Sennheiser MKH 416 and Shure KSM 44 microphones. Yay stuff! :D

Anywaaay! Thanks again so much for having me!!! I have a 6 hour drive back down to LA to look forward to.. been with the fam for the Holidays. I hope all of you are having a wonderful Holiday Season! This was my 2010 Holiday promo postcard: (Emilia was my favorite role this year, so she's it! :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :D
    Spoiler!

That was a very nice interview.

I liked hearing about your time working at Working Designs and creating promotional content for games like Arc the Lad. I remember playing Phantasy Star Online with the guy that wrote the Official Strategy Guide. He was very proud of the work that he did on it and appreciative of the help he got from Working Designs.

It was also interesting to hear about the way you treat your auditions. I can only imagine the number of people that audition for any given part. In that situation, it makes sense that you'd audition and forget about it. There is always more work out there to accomplish!

Thanks for participating in the interview. It was very interesting and entertaining.

Ryna about covered what I was going to post. Good interview and I also like the postcard you came up with. I can only hope the podcast ends up featuring more content like this.

Wonder if these tips would help me with getting the job for Voicing Battler...