Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

chalk all these cliffhangers up to having an evil GM of an IRC RPG that loves to leave me, and the other players hanging for an entire week (or maybe 2 or 3) with a cliffhanger ending to an RP session.

later

M_BlackHawk

Wielder of Divine Might

Killer chapter BlackHawk. Keep them coming.

The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

Here's the grand finale, folks. Hope you enjoy it.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dark History

Chapter 4
    Power Untold

Rhiana Michelle BlackHawk kneeled by her cousin, Darias, as she watched her sister run off, following the monster that had injured the young man. "He's hurt pretty badly," she thinks out loud, "If we don't get him some medical attention soon, he might not make it."

"What about Jessica?" Maya asks, "She went off after that monster."

"Maya," Rhiana tells the HUcaseal, "I want you and Galveris to take a telepipe and get Darias to the medical center in Pioneer City. I'll go after Jessie."

"Be careful, Rhiana," Galveris tells her, "We'll keep you in our thoughts while we're seeing after Darias."

"Ok," She says, nodding, "I'm off. Good luck." With that, Rhiana runs off after Jessica, while Galveris drops a telepipe, taking himself, Darias and Maya away from the temple and to the medical center in Pioneer city.

Jessica was running as fast as she could to keep up pace with the creature that had attacked her cousin. The sword at her side glowed with a faint light, which intensified the closer she got to the creature. She had made it past the floating bridge and into another chamber when the monster turned to face her. It swung with one massive arm, which Jessica was able to dodge. She drew the lavis cannon from her belt, using it to parry another swipe from the crystalline arm of the hildebear-looking monster. It was all she could do, just to dodge the monster's attacks, and counter with a slash or two of her own.

"My assumption is right," she thinks to herself, "This saber is able to hurt this thing, but not by much, and I'm fighting with all I've got. How am I going to kill this thing? This monster's tougher than a Hildetorr." She dodges a few more times before a swipe of the monster's arm knocks her back into a wall. Jessica Lynn BlackHawk falls to the ground, hurting.

"Oh no," Rhiana says, catching up to her sister, just as she gets knocked back, "Jessie! Are you ok?"

The creature turns around, spotting Rhiana. It opens its mouth and releases a blast of light that knocks Rhiana backwards into another wall. Jessica looks up, just in time to see her sister get hit by the light blast. She stands up from where she fell, anger driving her to greater power. Her eyes narrow, as she grips the lavis cannon with a firmer grip. A purple energy gathers around the diminuative HUnewearl, as she eyes the creature.

Galveris and Maya appear out of the telepipe at the front door of the Rico Tyrell Memorial Medical center, in Pioneer City. The huge HUcast carries Darias into the emergency ward, where doctors and nurses begin the task of treating his injuries. The number of years that hunters have been protecting the general population has taught the medical professionals not to ask how a hunter gets injured. They just do their job to save the young man's life.

Meanwhile, out in the waiting room, Galveris relays the whole story to the rest of the family. Lara seems more interested than anyone else about the fact that Jessica had run off to face the creature alone. Riala Mano goes through the doors to the emergency ward, where she stays at the side of her son.

The monster eyes Jessica, waiting to see what she does next. Jessica Lynn BlackHawk seems to disappear from sight, then comes back into view behind the creature, diving at its head. She delivers a punshing slash with the saber in her hand, finally able to hurt the creature. The hildbear creature is barely able to keep up with her speed, as she bounds off of one wall after another, crossing at one level or another, hitting with as many slashes of her sword as she can possibly take. She moves so fast that she doesn't realize that she had dropped Darias' monocle.

Rhiana starts to stir, finding the eyepiece. She puts it to her eye, and watches the battle taking place. She starts by scanning over her sister. "What's this?" she wonders, "Jessica's speed, even this thing can't keep up with her. That energy that she's emitting is almost exactly the same as that in this structure."

The massive creature falters, falling backwards, but Jessica isn't done yet. She holds the sword horizontally, at chest level. A strong light eminates from the blade. Jessica raises the blade, and swipes it to the ground, releasing a wave-form attack that pierces through the creature, causing it to flail even more wildly.

"That energy reading from the creature is off the scale," Rhiana thinks to herself, watching the thing through the monocle. She observes a brilliant purple glow coming from the monster as untold energies begin to charge within its body. "I've got to do something," she thinks, "If this thing blows here, then we're all doomed." She blindly casts a ryuker under the monster's feet.

The creature appears out of the teleport gate, and into the middle of space. Within a matter of seconds, the energy explodes from the creature's body in such a brilliant matter that it can be seen as far as Pioneer City.

Alicia Baz watches the explosion from the observatory in the central governmental complex. Thinking back, she remembers how that creature came to be, in the first place. "Another of Tyrell's failed experiments down the tubes," she thinks, "I wonder how it came to get up into space?"

"Woah, did you see that?" one man asks his friend, "Looked like a supernova."

"YOu're not joking," the other man answers, "Whatever it was, it was one killer effect."

Back at the temple, Jessca ran over to her sister. "I told you to stay with Darias," she says, "Where are Galveris and Maya?"

"I told them to take Darias to the medical center," Rhiana answers, "I came after you because I sensed something different about you."

"Oh? What was that?"

"Well, I noticed you were a lot stronger after I got knocked out," Rhiana explains, "But we'll save that for another time."

"We'd better get out of here. I sure don't want Tyrell finding out about this place. If we give a full report to Gregson, he'll probably report it all back to the government."

"What do we do then?"

"We tell him as little as we can get away with, and that's it. The Lavis Cannon will stay with us, and that's the end of it." That said, Rhiana casts another Ryuker, opening a teleport gate back home, where the two sisters go to get some much needed rest.

Elsewhere, in Governor Tyrell's office, a black-clad FOmar stands in front of the governor's desk. Tyrell has his back to the man, looking out the window. "So," the governor begins, "I hear you're looking for artifacts of immense power. Is that right, Zeira?"

After a couple of days, Jessica leaves the CES office, after having made her report to Gregson. She decides to stop by the academy training grounds for a quick workout, when a voice stops her in her tracks.

"Jessica," comes the voice of a young man, "I was wondering where you'd gone to."

She turns around to see an auburn haired Ranger standing there. "Xander?" she asks, "What's up?"

"Well, I saw where you tried to call me a few days ago," the RAmar explians, "And I wasn't home. Something wrong?"

"That depends," she answers, "What's this I heard about you going off with another Ranger from Bluefull sector?"

"Oh, that?" Xander thinks out loud, "It was a quest. Some guy in military intel wanted two rangers to help test his new VR simulator test for the riflemen in his squad. He needed 2, so we got the contract. Believe me, Misty wasn't the best of company."

Jessica stifles a laugh as she nudges Xander on, away from the academy, and into the center of town. "OK," she tells him, "You're forgiven..for now."

It looks like things have finally settled down, for the time being. But, who is this mysterios FOmar that was talking to Governor Tyrell? Find out the answer to that question in "Back From The Abyss", already posted at PSO World.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Later

M_BlackHawk

Wielder of Divine Might

Great Fic. Loved how it worked out in the end.