Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question [SPOILERS]Relationship Between Ancients, Dark Falz, Profound Darkness and Great Light

I wonder what do you think the relationship can be between all these powerful entities: the Great Light and the Ancients on one side, forces of creation and "good" (even if Khuman cannot be considered good) and the Profound Darkness and Dark falz on the other, forces of death and destruction.

While we know little of the Great Light, we can assume that if the Profound Darkness is malevolent, the Great Light is benevolent. Just as well the Ancients are beings always engulfed in light, even Khuman (the Sun King). Mika and Wynarl appear to be always engulfed in light, and they can posses hosts, and are very capable of living in symbiosis. Dark Falz, like Khuman, prefers a parasitic relationship where he completely takes over his host.

In addition to that, Stateria and SEED-forms belong to those factions again: the first are constructs with a spark of life created by the ancients (since they guard RELICS site, and are overpresent in the Mission of the story mode where you are in the recreation of a Temple of the Ancients); SEED-forms, instead, are considered the servants of Dark Falz, and therefore of the Profound darkness.

I am interested since Infinity promises to tie up all the links, and Dark Falz will probably be again involved, with at least 1 Ancient to oppose him (Wynarl) and, accordingly to the best ending of PSP2, Mika could return too. so it only makes sense a showdown on Rykros, AKA Ragol, where a most ancient civilization sent Dark Falz in his gigantic spaceship. what do you think of it? maybe Nagisa has to prevent Falz from resurrecting, yet again.
    Last edited by Dark_Ansem; Jan 20, 2011 at 06:00 PM.

In terms of Ancients, I generally think of them as humans. Khuman isn't "bad" in his goal. It's really perspective. To himself and most of the Ancients, he is ressurecting his own people. Don't humans do the same in real life? Pesticide for example. Sacrificing insects for our own benefit. And of course there are people like Mika who take pity on other life and want to preserve it. Ambition doesn't make one evil or good, just like the other races I assume they have good and bad intermixed. I'd consider them neutral.

I would like to know more about the Great Light though. At the moment I just feel like it's some generic deity to fill any religious role that might arise in the story.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

well, they are most certainly "augmented" humans. they certainly had powers (magic, very different from techs as in the old phantasy star games) that the standard races can only dream of. and very lengthy lifespans. Mika died at 27 because of Khuman, isn't it?

could the communion of gurhal be related to the Great Light, to some extent?

Yes. Kuhman didn't have very good morals, but I was referring more to his goals in the game, since it reflected most of the Ancient's goals too.

I always thought the Great Light was the deity of Communion of Gurhal.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

they probably banalized it, tho.
    and I honestly don't think we will learn much about the 2 powers (great light and profound darkness) in Infinity. But I'm interested on how the Ancients eventually reacted to Dark Falz and the SEED. he probably conquered all of Ragol/Rykros, at some point, since it turned the entire planet into a HIVE. makes me feel kinda bad, since it practically says on how the PSO series heroes ultimately failed.

It also appears that the SEED vanquished the civilization of the Ancients, in the past. Curious how Khuman did not feel bad at all in summoning them for his goals, including his (probably) dreaded enemy, Falz himself. no wonder he pits you against it just before the tower.
    Last edited by Dark_Ansem; Jan 20, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

I have a thought, if I tie it in with my theory that all the PS games are linked but I do have a thought

In short, the Gurhal system was the Algol system, the Ancients were the citizens of the Algol system, 'PSU' Falz is a remnant that Profound Darkness sent out that wasn't killed [only sealed away], the Great Light eventually died down and became a religion to the Communion [since iirc the GL needed the PD, think Order and Choas]

Anything I missed?

Credit to MissMalice

I think that does not explain how the planets changed name and climate, to a certain extent. nor why no one has memory of this.

maybe it was the Great Light's turn to be sealed, while its children (the Ancients) were wiped out by the grand general of Darkness, the God Dark Falz. an all-out war erupted, the Ancients were forced to flee and become spiritual beings, while the lesser beings (humans and others) managed to defeat the SEED. however, being finally their own masters, they were not able to live peacefully (humans, newmans, beasts and casts "disagreements). they eventually turned up to the point of PSP2, the most recent in the timeline, I believe.

I wonder where the people of PSO (Pioneer 1 et 2) came from, tho. And why they did not try to land on the other planets, if Ragol is really Rykros.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    makes me feel kinda bad, since it practically says on how the PSO series heroes ultimately failed.

It also appears that the SEED vanquished the civilization of the Ancients, in the past. Curious how Khuman did not feel bad at all in summoning them for his goals, including his (probably) dreaded enemy, Falz himself. no wonder he pits you against it just before the tower.
    Pioneer 2 didn't have to vanish though. It never said they landed on Ragol. Their mission was only to investigate.

Kuhman didn't really summon the SEED though. They were formed from people's thoughts by his manipulation of subspace. He was summoning subspace to find the codexes.

Although in Maghara he probably did summon them himself. Well, since the SEED basically caused the Ancients to end their lives early, I figure it would be a good bodyguard ]

@Above Post: Humans were created by the Ancients to adapt to the changing conditions. They were made for the purpose of being possessed after they evolved. The Ancients only needed the bodies. The other races were created by humans through gene alteration. Humans were the only original race.
    Last edited by Kirukia; Jan 20, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

I've speculated about this before but this would be more familiar to old school ps fans. It kind of got lost over the revelation about the true name of dark falz though. ^_^'

The original ps games in jp canon do not describe the Great Light and Profound Darkness as a two single beings but as a race of light beings fighting a war against one of dark beings. The light beings won and sealed their counterparts behind the algolian seal.

I'm going to take a leap of faith and speculate that these are now respectively the Ancients and Seed.

Now for the question regarding is Gurhal Algol? I seriously doubt this. First, Rycross is an actual planet, not a battlestation in Algol. Second, Palma or Parum no longer exists as it was destroyed. I believe that Gurhal is an alternate universe seal - the Ancients may well be transdimensional and can cross barriers (perhaps subspace ones? would tie in with the true end) between parallel universes and needed to seal Seed in multiple dimensions. Gurhal happens to be a version that was not broken like Algol.

Either way, we might not get our answer in episode 2 but rather in PSO 2 instead.
    Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Jan 20, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

about PSO: maybe. so we can say that PSO was a kind of golden age of peace?
    After all, the Hunters became the Guardians, according to the description of PSO clothes.

about Kuhman: yes, but what I mean is that he actually called the memories of his greatest enemies to vanquish the party :P he could have called an army of Stateria. as you said, no better bodyguard than those who bested you.