Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Agnaktor.

Is he really that hard?

Really?

I'm no elite veteran or anything. I've put a ton of time into Tri, my first game of the series, but I'm under no illusion that I'm a master of the game or anything. But come on... I love Agnaktor. I think it's a really neat monster, in one of the more visually stunning areas, and it's a fairly unique fight. It's fun!

I got my first Advanced quest where I could play 'im the other day, in a group of randoms. We failed VERY quickly. Had these people never played him before? Even offline? The very first time he does his firey laser attack, boom, two players instantly cart. The next time he does it, third cart, same player in the first batch, and we're done. I haven't been able to get anyone else to play this fight, since. Do people not like Agnaktor? Is he supposed to be one of the harder fights? Thoughts?
    Think of him as a fire based Lagiacrus, and fight him as you would Lagia on the ground. However, he seems to be a bit bigger than a Lagia, so if you can't dodge his attacks, block them. Although, you can't block his fire lazer, so dodge that. He's not really hard, but his size can make him slightly hard to beat sometimes. He also has "armor" when cooled, so focus on smashing that off first. You can smash his legs, chest area, tail, back(I think), and mouth/beak thing.

I don't find he's really that hard either, honestly. He's a bit... different, he's got a handful of moves that no other leviathans have (fire laser, dolphin diving into the rock, his half-submerged-beeline-straight-at-you). Other than the catch of having the lava armor, I don't think he's really that tricky. But it seems like players either have literally never fought one before and have zero idea how to tell his attacks (which is surprising, given their hunter rank) or they wear armor that is hideously weak to fire (usually matched up with a nice Fire weapon). Either way, they die really quickly.

It's just... aggravating!

But I digress. Lest this thread be renamed "Astarin's Angry MH Rantings" and be moved.

I've been playing MHTri with PSO-W forum member Yuber every now and then (HR3X)
    It's somewhat 'casual play' since times can be a problem for me; I'm situated in the EU but play on the US servers.
    All in all it's good fun since we also played PSP2 JP together via infrastructure.

Recently captured some footage of us on-line hunting for Lagi horns.
    Don't mind my videos since they're mostly for entertainment purposes/addition to blog posts.

Last edited by Typestatic; Jan 5, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

Hmmm...... Well, time to demand MH3 back from my friend. I'm getting annoyed with Plesioth for just about EVERYTHING. At least if he was in MH3, you could follow him in the water, OR I could switch to my Bow again. And again. And.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    For which MH game is the group? It says Unite but is that MHFU or the new MH3rd on the psp?
    The group is for all MH games.

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Agnaktor.

Is he really that hard?

Really?
    No, he's actually very easy... I can kill him in 20 minutes, approx with the Gun Chariot+ and Auroros Haku armor set

I'm guessing you're talking about MHFreedom Unite. I haven't picked up Tri in awhile.

I'd say Flash Bombs and of course lots of recovery items and cooling items.

Stand under (facing him) his left side right under his chin and proceed to pluck at him. BLOCK OFTEN, do not rush or you'll get caught off guard. I say left side, because when he does his scream, lava erupts all around him but very, very rarely at that left side. When you block the initial scream, that's your queue to unlease hell.

Unleash Wyvern Fire as soon as it's back up. If you have two people, or have fought him plenty of times to get used to his attacks, cut the tail off.

Oh did i mention BLOCK OFTEN... when he digs under ground, block that attack and run far and use recovery items.... if he's assaulting you and your cooling items are off or health is low... pop a flash bomb. It won't last long but it'll be enough to get yourself back in the game, reposition and resume.
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

As far as Jhen Morhan... love that fight... it's best done with full group and lightning or dragon element weapons since most aren't available with decent sharpness... Gunner sets aren't prefered due to possible high damage and fear of being 1-shotted. Plus, gunners do slow, low dmg unless you're just lobbing rounds from cannonballs.

The catch is have 2-3 people (when he moves really close to the boat), run onto his body, run onto his back and start attacking his "fins" at the key spots until they're broken. When broken, drop the barrels into the holes and have them explode.

The person still on the boat should be lobbing rounds onto his back and also using the small harpoon gun on his two front horns.

Don't forget to mine his body for ores, occasionally. Once his parts are broken, everyone should be back on the boat shooting cannon balls.

When he switches sides, fight off the fish that come aboard and prepare for him to try and ram the ship... someone who knows wtf they're doing needs to time the gong/big harpoon good for big damage to his face and repel him.

After some time goes by, final stage. Boat stops, and he will directly assault the ship.. continue lobbing rounds until he rams the ship and stops... attack his horns, face and body... At this point you can walk onto his horns and attack him directly to interrupt his assault and buy the people lobbing cannonballs more time.

You will either repel him or kill him... Killing is preferred for carves and Kill credit for titles. If you kill, run to him asap because there are alot of body parts to carve.

It's a lengthy battle but very fun. Good Luck. Festival event is awesome...
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAcast Extremist View Post
    The group is for all MH games.
    Ok sweet, i'm not to sure if i will go back on Tri as i'm hooked on PSP2 and Final Fantasy X atm (restarted on that) but i will most likely get MH3rd.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    No, he's actually very easy... I can kill him in 20 minutes, approx with the Gun Chariot+ and Auroros Haku armor set

I'm guessing you're talking about MHFreedom Unite. I haven't picked up Tri in awhile.

I'd say Flash Bombs and of course lots of recovery items and cooling items.

Stand under (facing him) his left side right under his chin and proceed to pluck at him. BLOCK OFTEN, do not rush or you'll get caught off guard. I say left side, because when he does his scream, lava erupts all around him but very, very rarely at that left side. When you block the initial scream, that's your queue to unlease hell.

Unleash Wyvern Fire as soon as it's back up. If you have two people, or have fought him plenty of times to get used to his attacks, cut the tail off.

Oh did i mention BLOCK OFTEN... when he digs under ground, block that attack and run far and use recovery items.... if he's assaulting you and your cooling items are off or health is low... pop a flash bomb. It won't last long but it'll be enough to get yourself back in the game, reposition and resume.
    You got it mixed up. You're talking about Akantor.

Spoiler!

He's talking about Agnaktor.

Spoiler!