Page 52 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast

I thought so. However, it doesn't seem to be a given despite attempting synthesizing them several times. Does the age old method of synth - > check -> reset work in this case?

Yes though it's tedious, sure are a lot of menus to get back into the game...

Assuming you're referring to resetting to save the points for a different combination, synthing baseX+PlusY always gives you Z.

Something like that. Basically synthing, check if I got what I wanted, then reset so that my points aren't wasted.

I've been trying to synth two missions, both with Exp x 1.2 (or drop boost 10%) and one other boost, but haven't had any success with increasing either at all. T_T Should I synth missions with only one boost at a time to simplify things?

Skilled Fighter

i cant get type points to stick to ( drop boost, monster boost, experience boost ). i am doing

+

going to try something else

this is for the 3 + 3 = 4, unless im doing something wrong

i have two theories:

1) 3 and 3 each must be different
    2) is not possible to have drop boost, monster boost, experience boost and type boost, one of them is probably nullifying one of the others

i will soon find out!
    Last edited by aduran; Jan 31, 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    And now, a question to veteran infinity mission fusers. I've been trying test how to fuse missions with various effects together, but an answer is eluding me. To get percents higher for the various exp, meseta,drop boosts, is it necessary to fuse missions with similar boosts together so that they will add cumulatively? Or do Exp boost 1.5 and drop boosts higher than 10% actually appear at random from dropping disks?
    omg, this took me so long to figure out. keep fusing together. it appears there is more probability of increasing faster if you are fusing with a higher level mission.

this is how i got mine:

Mission
    [+49 enemy level 18 - no attribute]+[10%boost] = (new one)

[10% boost (new one)] + [10% boost] = (most likely 20%)

now for 30% drop boost takes a few fusions

[most likely 20%] + [10% boost (new one)]

keep fusing with the latest fusions.

this is working really good for me.

I am up to 3 codes in one single mission. Trying to get one fused with 4 codes now. you can do it with lower level missions, i have faster success with higher levels

also, so people dont waste time like me figuring out how to get more than 2 attributes in a mission:

to get 2
    1 + 1

to get 3
    2 different ones + 2 different ones

or

2 + 3 ( works, i have done this )

to get 4
    (dunno yet) suppose to be 3 + 3 as long as there are 4 in the combination that do no cancel out

to get 5
    suppose to be 4+4 (havent gotten here yet)

i would recommend fusing lower levels first until you get the combination you want. once you do that, keep fusing it with a higher level neutral
    Last edited by aduran; Jan 31, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Or how about even with translators we still don't understand Japanese and will not remember these simple Kanji's immediately.Fusing missions just based on the positive it has it meh.....troublesome.

That said I have 1 question: Whats the highest lv Infinity mission you can get?
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Quote Originally Posted by aduran View Post
    i would recommend fusing lower levels first until you get the combination you want. once you do that, keep fusing it with a higher level neutral
    I agree with this, because its easier to get the mission points off lower missions to synth initially, and it seems the probability of an increase is better when the missions are closer to each other in level...

But not always, I have no idea what the pattern is, I haven't gotten 2 boosts to increase that have been more than 10 levels apart, although I got 3 boost increases that were less than 10 levels apart synthing but many also below 10 apart that show no change in boost.
    Last edited by Koiwai_Keiji; Jan 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

For my level 90 newman would I be better served as a force or a vanguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkanoki View Post
    I'm playing the PSP2i demo and when I try to input the vision phone codes listed in the sticky it always says they're wrong, do I need to get to a specific point before they work or something?
    Only the Infinity codes will work in the demo. The regular PSP2 codes won't work until the full version comes out. When you input the codes, don't use any spaces either. And, of course, you can only use a code once.

Skilled Fighter

For those who know japanese.

what is the difference in the name in the infinity missions.

snow field short name
    snow field long name

beach short name
    beach long name

etc