Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Challenge Mode ...Fanatic Aerilas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post

Personally, since PC is announced, and since I have been playing BB a crap-ton on my computer, I'm just gonna get PC version.

Same here
    Phantasy Star Online:
    Challenge Mode (TA!) player.

Looking for someone willing to help with a signature .

Pee See

PC......look at the 360 PSU.....framerate lag ftl.
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

Actually... no PC version please.. too easy to hack.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I'd go for PC (or, barring that, PS3).
    The problem with the 360 is the same problem (and reason) Final Fantasy 14 didn't get developed for it: Microsoft was not cool with letting Xbox live Free members connect to the game servers. They allowed Final Fantasy XI for free members because at the time they were trying to promote the 360 as an online gaming console. If I also recall correctly, PSU's 360 servers were seperated from the PC/PS2 servers under Microsoft's rule as well. I just don't want that to happen. Again.

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

PC version for me since my rig is way more powerful than my PS3 and 360

Quote Originally Posted by Jinketsu View Post
    I'd go for PC (or, barring that, PS3).
    The problem with the 360 is the same problem (and reason) Final Fantasy 14 didn't get developed for it: Microsoft was not cool with letting Xbox live Free members connect to the game servers. They allowed Final Fantasy XI for free members because at the time they were trying to promote the 360 as an online gaming console. If I also recall correctly, PSU's 360 servers were seperated from the PC/PS2 servers under Microsoft's rule as well. I just don't want that to happen. Again.
    Silver/free members can play any game that requires a separate subscription (FFXI/PSU). The reason XIV never came out for the 360 is because SE couldn't be bothered to develop another way to get 360 players onto their own servers (like the PlayOnline Viewer for XI), and Microsoft won't host non XBL members on their servers.

PC or 360 for me, depending on which of my friends is getting which version.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Not to mention. Final Fantasy XI still allowed all clients (including the 360) to play on their servers together. Though I can see the other issues of a 360 release.

On the other hand, this generally has more to do with MMOs or online games with their own monthly subscription services. Then again, if they have monthly Subscription services, of course the company is using their own servers. The only true complication being that playonline-like application to make it work and control their own server/client update schedules.

There's usually a way, in some fashion. I know one ORPG for the iOS systems that gets by some of the issues of waiting for Apple to greenlight their client update, by using in-app updates. That severely reduced the amount of actual client releases needed, given much of the hooks were provided to update parts of the client from within. Thus allowing some updates to happen right when the developer released it.

However, the best general structure, for updates, I've seen, was Steam for the computers. Steam just has that kind of system which just ensures you have the latest client with no real effort needed from the player.

Still, consoles really don't care that much for MMOs on their system. They'll perhaps allow one or two, but they fear it'll severely cut into the general game sales very much like they did for the PCs.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 11, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

If my plan for getting a new computer goes through, then PC. Otherwise I'll probably get the 360 version. If they make us get a hunter's license for the 360 version, I'm not playing.

PC and PS3.

If they have connected servers, so me and my brother can play together. I could run it on my laptop, but I'd prefer to play it either on the primary gaming rig or the PS3.