Page 409 of 466 FirstFirst ... 309359399406407408409410411412419459 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4655
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I'm sure as hell not playing PoS2 anymore cept for Omega Ruby and Freedom Wars.

Playing PSZ just farming meseta and relaxing after finding a item I wanted for awhile.
    Planning to reconnect my old systems to play games I've neglected.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

im playing zelda 2015

my dad works at nintendo

I finished up Batman Arkham Origins a few days ago. It was decent and I'd recommend it to anybody who wants more of Arkham City (plus a more coherent but equally silly plot).

I'm diving into Dragon Age Inquisition right now and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm gonna jump back in tonight and hopefully I won't stay up until dawn like I did last night.

Meanwhile, I was in Target today and found Metal Gear Rising for 360 and Modern Warfare 3 for Wii, each for only $6. I picked up Metal Gear Rising because, well, it's Metal Gear Rising. I picked up Modern Warfare 3 because I sorta halfheartedly want to finish the Modern Warfare games (since I played the first two) and also because I always wanted to see how they pulled off these games on the Wii. I played the first three levels and so far it's surprisingly adequate!

I've been running Bravely Default for the 3DS recently, and it's refreshing to play a more classically inspired JRPG. The combat system is tried and true, with a few novel twists that enhance the experience. Novelty should serve to enhance gameplay, not just be there for the sake of setting your game apart from the others. Whereas Conception II's combat was needlessly unintuitive, Bravely Default's is pretty straight forward with a twist - you can skip turns. By selecting the "Brave" option, you can stack three extra future turns for immediate use. However, you do have to "pay them back" by sitting idle for those turns you've already used. Conversely, selecting "Default" puts your character in the defensive position and "skips" their turn - banking up to three of them for later use. Bravely seems to be more handy for level grinding, allowing you to take out small mobs in a single turn and getting those XP/JP/PG bonuses. Default comes in most handy for boss battles, allowing your healers/buffers to stack turns and deal with healing the group and curing status ailments quickly. For more moderately difficult enemies, it encourages the player to keep an eye on elemental weaknesses so they can quickly take out problem enemies that like to heal their allies or debuff your party.

I'm not quite as thrilled with leveling jobs separately, but that's mostly because I have this game on a rental and leveling up 15+ jobs for 4 different characters is going to be time consuming. For those willing to put in the work to do so, there seems to be a rich potential for character customization here since certain abilities from leveled jobs can be equipped as a sub-ability to your main jobs. Special abilities based on weapon-type can also be "built" by objects you find in the world, as well as special "gifts" you receive from store owners by rebuilding and upgrading Tiz's home town. The more people you street-pass who have played, the higher the population of your town grows, and the more people you can allocate to rebuilding/upgrading faster.

The art style initially put me off a bit, as was the lack of character aesthetics customization, but the character designs have grown on me a bit. The characters themselves and the story aren't particularly interesting, but I'm hopeful that will change over time. I've only managed to restore the Wind Crystal and get to the water temple so far. The composers for the game's background music also did a fantastic job.

I heard this game was heavily inspired by the classic Final Fantasy titles, and it really shows in the best of ways. If Final Fantasy were to return to this style of game for their core franchise, I might just start buying their games again, and anticipating their future releases.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Been putting off playing the original Doom serie for ages.
    Only thing i´ve touched really is Doom 3 and that one is ok.

So instead of using Dos Box that came with the Doom Collection on Steam, i decided to use the GZDoom source port and it´s pretty enjoyable so far.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Oh shoot, how could I forget: a buddy and I started replaying Killer 7 this past week in order to show it off to some of his friends who have heard about it for years but never tried it out.

What a crazy, stupid, unsettling, and brilliant game.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Pretty cool matches. If you have PC or PS3 version I'm always down for some fights

Is Xrd any good? I was still on the fence about getting the game after hearing its kinda barebones. I've always like Guilty Gear though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    PC: I'm on steam so you can just add my handle, Vince Omega.
    I'd be down too, maybe stop dealing with so many Evil Ryu's. <_>

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I'd be down too, maybe stop dealing with so many Evil Ryu's. <_>
    Sure, hit me up whenever.

I had some fun playing last night: Here's some of the matches:

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Been putting off playing the original Doom serie for ages.
    Only thing i´ve touched really is Doom 3 and that one is ok.

So instead of using Dos Box that came with the Doom Collection on Steam, i decided to use the GZDoom source port and it´s pretty enjoyable so far.
    Have you tried Brutal Doom yet? So far as I'm concerned, that's pretty much the definitive version.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!