Page 116 of 466 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4655

PS3: Kidou Senshi Gundam Extreme Vs.

A game I've been following since before came out in October 2010. It came out for PS3 on December 1, 2011 and the moment I had a break, I jumped right into it. It's just a furious, furious game. What most impresses me is that the netcode is actually quite good, so that I'm able to play against most people around the world with little to no lag. After having absurd things happen in Gundam Senki 0081, I was really hoping that the game would be good in multiplayer.

Apparently, there's a sequel/expansion/remake in the future, Kidou Senshi Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. Given how long it took for this game to be made on a home console, it'll be out at least a year after the arcade. The arcade machine actually runs on PS3 hardware, so it's not like it took a ton of work to port, so I'm guessing all that extra time was from adding in a mission mode, extra playables and bosses, fixing some of the graphics and rebalancing things.

I main Crossbone X-1 Kai, Char's Gelgoog, and Berga Giros.

PSP: Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium

It's part of some Genesis collection game that I have, which has PSII, PSIII, and PSIV on it (no PSI because that's apparently a SMS game). I'd heard good things about it, but this game is at least on par with some of the better PS1 RPGs I've played. I absolutely adore it.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Just got Tales of the Abyss yesterday and Tales of Symphonia today. Probably going to start Symphonia first, then Abyss, so I don't feel like I'm downgrading in terms of graphics / battle system (although both will feel odd compared to Vesperia). Been awhile since I did Symphonia, never did get Aybss. The one connected to Abyss was for sale too but I could only afford that or Symphonia, and I'd rather have the awesome Symphonia than the not-so-great Tales of Legendia. Perhaps after an-upcoming anime convention, but I gotta save up.
    I think they all have something unique to them that makes each game it's own. Legendia wasn't 'great' like Symphonia (haven't played Abyss, waiting for the 3DS release), but by no means was it a bad game at all. In my opinion and experience, it had the hardest damn boss of any Tales game i've played (fuck you, Shadow Chloe)

Custom Robo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reks the Runeweaver View Post
    I think they all have something unique to them that makes each game it's own. Legendia wasn't 'great' like Symphonia (haven't played Abyss, waiting for the 3DS release), but by no means was it a bad game at all. In my opinion and experience, it had the hardest damn boss of any Tales game i've played (fuck you, Shadow Chloe)
    I'm probably the only person that thinks Symphonia was just "okay" compared to other mothership Tales titles. Maybe it's because I played the series since before Symphonia, but probably because I find the entire game hypocritical.

Spoiler!
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Currently playing FF IV (via FF IV collection)

So ToA isn't out in the US, yet? It is already here in EU, but the title has already become a rarity after just a few weeks of release. I hope they will ship another bunch of units, it would be sad if they would not. In any case, I am glad I got the game. Finished pretty much everything after ~70 hours of gaming now, but there is still the vh or unknown difficulty for me to tackle. Great game, this is how long an RPG should be.

I am torn whether ToA or ToS is the better game, since both have their ups and downs. Both ToA and ToS has a brilliant cast imo, but ToA has the by far better story and more enjoyable antagonists (love you Van, f* off Yggdrasill) and the better battle system. I enjoyed the sidequests in ToS much more, however; there was much more to do than in ToA, and I think sidequests are one of the biggest appeals of the Tales series.

ToA imo also has the better music compared to ToS (Time to raise the cross, meaning of birth), but the second half of the game starts with an atrocious amount of travelling between cities that makes sense for story purposes, but gets really, really annoying. Don't make me visit a city and go to the farthest house for just a single sentence. Seriously, it is that bad. But that is a fault I am willed to forgive for the greatness the rest of the game provides.

Oh yeah, watch out with the 3D. While it is GREAT in battles, it really hurts your eyes whenever a speechbubble pops up. You will see why.

A last thing, Legendia was related to Abyss? Really?
    Last edited by GCoffee; Jan 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

For me? Tales of Vesperia is my favorite as of now. I'll see if Symphonia or Aybss changes that (can't wait for Graces F).

Yeah Legendia was the prequel to it iirc. I would've picked it up too but I don't have the money. I already know sidequests will be annoying, especially the "if you miss this cutscene then the entire quest is ruined for the rest of the game...sorry we didn't hint this at all LOL retry?" ones in Vesperia.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Oh those. You won't be spared of those in ToS nor ToA, I am afraid.

And eh, Graces just has terrible character design, imo. But I only have a PS3, and they are not going to bring the PS3 port of Vesperia over here it seems, so I will have to get Graces F once it releases in March regardless of that. They better bring over Xillia, though, don't be dickheads Namco.
    And neato, guess I am gonna play Legendia then.

I was hoping PS3 would get a port, because if they added all the stuff the Japanese port got, I would totally re-buy it for PS3 >_>

I don't know too much about Graces, but I'm a sucker for the Tales battle system (well the more recent ones at least) so I'll be getting it anyway
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by GCoffee View Post
    Oh those. You won't be spared of those in ToS nor ToA, I am afraid.

And eh, Graces just has terrible character design, imo. But I only have a PS3, and they are not going to bring the PS3 port of Vesperia over here it seems, so I will have to get Graces F once it releases in March regardless of that. They better bring over Xillia, though, don't be dickheads Namco.
    And neato, guess I am gonna play Legendia then.
    I hated the design of Graces but it wasn't too bad once you got into it. Still enjoying Xillia though. Even if everything else sucked (it didn't) adding sideburns, shades, and an afro to my main man made the game immensely entertaining.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?