Page 221 of 466 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4655
    Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Getting near the end of FF6 I think now. So far I love it, but damn that Tower of Fanactis >_< I was at the top and then that boss wiped out my entire party with one attack...

Oh well, Ancient Castle is first now, I'll try tackle ToF later on.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I decided to take a break from okamiden 3rd playthrough and booted up FFVI advance.
    I forgot how much fun this game is but decided to read a few guides and videos on certain parts of the game so I don't get stuck again when I reach WoR.
    The espers really add alot to the fun factor in this game.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Bothered to beat Anarchy Reigns again in Campaign mode, but the other side around to unlock Gargoyle.
    Gotta love those transformers wannabes. Mostly got him since i liked his tesla weaponry and the finish on mutants is a nice touch with the missile barrage.

Baron though, he is the man.

Also, riding the Berserker Mutant gotta be one of the best free mission.
    Last edited by darkante; Nov 28, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post

Cons:

- The combat doesn't seem to involve much strategy; almost everything I've fought so far and every job I've tried consisted of spamming all your skills until the enemy died. It's pretty much zerg as much as you can, like PSU. I'm hoping this will change later on.
    It gets better in dungeons, where prioritizing targets comes in, and bosses that you can't just zerg down (Unfortunately, there are plenty of bosses that are just HP sponges, or have mean things. The second boss-level enemy in Ascalonian Catacombs explorable can pull the whole party in and down them with one combo - he telegraphs it with a slow and obvious windup so you can dodge though, and is otherwise a chump)

In the field though, it's more just your trait and skill choices (You should be able to get all your class utilities/elites by the mid 60s), and yes, most fights can be won with skill spamming.

There are some classes where specific skill sequences are really effective. As an example, an elementalist with scepter/dagger can do the following in earth: 2 for armor bonus, 3 to area blind, run in, 4 to aoe knockdown, cast glyph of storms (in earth, generates sandstorm for pulsing bleeds/blinds/damage), then use the sandstorm to cover 5 (long cast time... 3-4 sec, but shreds normal enemies). Just doing the last three casts with dagger offhand decimates most normal enemy groups, and I've never really stopped using it. A different combo (much less defense in this, but parties will love you for it) is start in fire, dagger 4, scepter 2, scepter 3 (enemy inside the fire ring for these two) switch to earth, dagger 4 dagger 5, which creates the area might combo four times in about 5 seconds... giving allies nearby a ton of damage output (and does high damage itself, between Dragon Tooth and Churning Earth).

In general, learning what skills you have for combo fields and finishers and what they do is very useful. (Mesmer, for instance, can get a ton of chaos armor uptime with staff and a couple glamours set... and chaos armor is a wonderful buff despite being random)

In addition to Guild Wars 2, been playing League, and anxiously awaiting the big patch coming up.
    Last edited by Randomness; Nov 28, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Beat Bioshock just now, being the nice guy i am with the twisted mind i have.. i got the Good Ending.

I kinda like how much variety there are to the tools, Incinerate and Bee Swarm being the favorites.

I donīt like how some of the hack devices are luckbased without proper tools for them.
    Not hard otherwise, but wtf. Either you get madly damaged or the alarm rings...anyway.

Back to BS2.

Finished up Telltale's The Walking Dead games this week. Probably the finest piece of interactive fiction I've ever experienced. Just a really nicely told story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Getting near the end of FF6 I think now. So far I love it, but damn that Tower of Fanactis >_< I was at the top and then that boss wiped out my entire party with one attack...

Oh well, Ancient Castle is first now, I'll try tackle ToF later on.
    If you wanna beat the fanatic tower boss, the way I usually go about it is casting Berserk on him. Then, if I have it, I set up Life 3 on a couple party members, vanish my entire party so that he can't hit us with physical attacks while he's berserked, then wail on him and let the Ultima happen, but Life 3 will bring party members back.

You can also go the long way around and just rasp/osmose all his MP away.
    Last edited by Polly; Dec 1, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Playstation all stars :3

Currently crying over how OP Kratos and Sackboy are..

Castlevania curse of darkness.
    Personally I like the game, and I disagree a lot with what the player base had to say about it.
    But 3D castlevanias are frowned upon anyways. I don't blame them, Lords of shadow was a disgrace.

Offline version of PSU. PA leveling for the final mission. I can't decide on whether to be a cheapskate and spamming tornado dance on Dark Falz second form when he's floating upside-down. Or fight him the normal way.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman2417 View Post
    Castlevania curse of darkness.
    Personally I like the game, and I disagree a lot with what the player base had to say about it.
    But 3D castlevanias are frowned upon anyways. I don't blame them, Lords of shadow was a disgrace.
    I LOVE Castlevania:CoD.
    The music and the feel, only compares to Circle of the Moon which i have probably replayed 4 times.

Now i donīt own a PS2 anymore so i canīt replay my copy...bleh.
    Last edited by darkante; Dec 1, 2012 at 08:55 PM.