Page 33 of 466 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383133 ... LastLast

Monster Hunter Tri and Dead Space 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    the reboot of old series like Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series of RPGs (w/ action) have become increasingly more popular.
    I wouldn't call ES a reboot. I haven't played any of the Fallout games so I can't say. It just takes Bethesda forever to make new ES games it may feel like a reboot.

Just finished playing some Terraria on Steam with a few friends for the first time. It's basically a 2D version of Minecraft, but it has a few unique features.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Because then there would be no challenge (real or implied) in earning the achievement?

Seems like a pretty simple answer to me.
    If that's the case, then it's still a little pointless because you have to beat most games to unlock it anyway. The usual last achievements the cheats would help with is beating the game on the hardest difficulty which would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I figured it was for screwing around. It's kind of nice to just go bonkers and blow everything apart without repercussions.
    That's pretty much the only logical answer.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Cheats should either be a reward for completing something legitimately, or a way to mess around without the expectation of being given credit. If you cheat, you didn't really complete the game on "Hard". You just pressed X enough times to win without the possible threat of failure. It not only diminishes the work of people that completed it honestly, but gives you a false sense of accomplishment.

^Well Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter sure didn't think that way. That's right, I cheated and used God mode on hard and got the achievements a long time back. Only game I can remember that allowed you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    If that's the case, then it's still a little pointless because you have to beat most games to unlock it anyway. The usual last achievements the cheats would help with is beating the game on the hardest difficulty which would be helpful.
    But the point isn't to earn the achievement with cheats. The point is that you're supposed to earn it without cheats.

If you are having trouble getting that achievement without using cheats, that is what the game developers intended.

Anyway -

I picked up Ocarina of Time 3DS last night. I didn't have much time to play, but I was really impressed with both the look and feel of it. It's going to take me a little while to get used to relying on the touch screen buttons, but I'm sure it'll be second nature before long.

I also got Shadows of the Damned while at lunch today. Definitely looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    If you are having trouble getting that achievement without using cheats, that is what the game developers intended.
    Last post I'm posting on this, not trying to derail topic too much. But with games like Duke Nukem, it takes a lot more luck then skill. If game developers intend for me to fight a boss who can kill you in one hit while using other cheap tactics such as spawning enemies, then that's bad intentions. Bottom line is cheats are pretty much worthless nowaday's. Not like back when "up up down down left right left right b a start" actually meant something.

On topic, I'm finally playing GTA The Ballard of Gay Tony. I know I'm super late, but I just started getting back into this game.

Recently got OoT 3D myself along with my flashy 3DS.
    Might i say, i´m impressed.

I also enjoyed the taste of augmented reality thing with the cards included.
    Feels odd to have the background blend in with the gimmick pretty well.

Although, i don´t use 3DS function for OoT since that just gives me a headache.
    Hopefully, it will ease into later in other titles. :S
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Actually, the 3D is only odd during the first day or two of use. After that, your eyes are quite adjusted to seeing 3D and you can use it interchangeably with screens that don't do 3D like it was natural. The trick is to keep the 3D effect low, at first. Then eventually push it up. Your sweet spot may be somewhere in the middle. The Higher you push the 3D slider, the less variance of an angle your head can be to maintain the effect. As your eyes naturally adjust, the variance gets wider for higher amounts of 3D.