Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to game

Default new to game

I just bought the digital version of PSP2 on my PSP. I have played through just the intro bit and have my room in Little Wing. Anyway I am new to the PS universe and hope to make some friends.

I have a 360 as well (but not a PS3) so I might be interested in trying out PSU on there as well, but sadly won't be able to buy it for some time.

youre in the right boat going with PSP2 its the best phantasy star game out right now imo. PSU although receiving new updates finally the population is horrible and the game is dated. with PSO 2 alpha testing this summer i think the best thing is playing portable and waiting for that

Also look forward to Infinity.

The PSO2 alpha will be in Japanese, BTW.

Also, welcome to PSOW!

-Wayu

Welcome to PSO World and Portable 2! If you need help with anything or just want to run some stuff, I'm pretty much always up for some missions.
    [Needs a new quote]

PSU US : Finally coming back.
    PSO GC: Skyly : HUcast : lvl 4x

Yay for other newcomers to PSU like myself! I'm a PSO 1+2, 3, and BB veteran (having 2 characters over lv 170 100% legit) and I loved playing online. I played PSZ online as well. I played PSU on PC for a little bit but it lagged and I couldn't get into it very much because of that. I got PSPo2 maube a month ago and I love it so far. I have a 5x Beast Vanguard. PSPo2 online intimidates me though. I've been hearing horror stories about random DCs and people kicking you for doing certain "noobish" things. I'm still getting used to things offline so I fear going online and bringing my team down due to my lack of online experience in a PSU setting. Any tips from veterans?

Quote Originally Posted by Temoki View Post
    Yay for other newcomers to PSU like myself! I'm a PSO 1+2, 3, and BB veteran (having 2 characters over lv 170 100% legit) and I loved playing online. I played PSZ online as well. I played PSU on PC for a little bit but it lagged and I couldn't get into it very much because of that. I got PSPo2 maube a month ago and I love it so far. I have a 5x Beast Vanguard. PSPo2 online intimidates me though. I've been hearing horror stories about random DCs and people kicking you for doing certain "noobish" things. I'm still getting used to things offline so I fear going online and bringing my team down due to my lack of online experience in a PSU setting. Any tips from veterans?
    1) learn to just block, this is imperative but it isn't really that hard, mostly takes perception of the enemies

2) learn to dodge when applicable, but just block takes care of almost all that

Bring beast vanguard(or braver in jp version, if people say that its same class) though you will have superb evasion that will negate most frontal attacks against, don't let relying on it be a bad habit though as you cant evade spells or attacks from behind.

Certain missions such as Magashi Plan (offline) and the Max Attack missions (online, if you dl the jp dlc which is useable in NA version) enemies have greatly boosted accuracy so your evasion will be unreliable there.

Being a pso vet I am going to assume you are used to some rares being very elusive but the game occasionally showering you with love but the drop rates here seem to be much better in general the pso's at least in my experience.

As far as online I cant speak for the NA version as I play JP, but I hear there are is the occasional hacker so back up your save and if obscene exp/typepoints/rares are overflowing leave game and don't save, also only the host can set hacks on go (though hacked weapons can be used by non host if they got them beforehand, they can just be kicked though) So if your paranoid just host your own games, but backups are good for more than just that anyways.

Again I don't know what "noobish" things people would kick you for other than breaking chains early constantly, if your group likes racking up high chains before using PA's to break it, ask them what chain you should wait for before doing so yourself.
    Last edited by Silver_Wyrm; Feb 16, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

I'd reconmend getting good in Chains you need 50 for one Tittle an 80 Chains for another, If you need some help in PVP especially for PVP Tittles PM me I got mostly Male chars and some Female for Ranger classes and all. My Partner Card is Kaibaman41, I'm mostly new here too PSP2 is my first PS Game but welcome and I'll help in PVP Tittles as much as I can

The only reasons people would probably kick you are:
    (1)breaking chains at low numbers consistently
    (2)dieing EXCESSIVELY
    (3)Always urging people to hurry
    (4)And of course, hacking
    PSPo2;
    Graviteon: CAST, Male, level 102,RA/16 VA/15|Nalma: Newman, male, level 90, FO/13 VA/13

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinryu Kazemaru View Post
    PVP Tittles
    Lolwut?

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Lolwut?

-Wayu
    -sigh- I meant titles my keyboard has been messin up bad