Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Those specs scream console port to me
    Well, if this was a console port, it would have been announced for a console already, and the PC version would probably have been an afterthought...I guess...(with specs like this, I guess it could be ported from the PC to a console though).

If the requirements were much higher than this though, it could significantly lower the ammount of players able to play this without major upgrades to their systems, which could be a bit bad for SEGA, less players = less money. :>
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Well, if this was a console port, it would have been announced for a console already, and the PC version would probably have been an afterthought...I guess...(with specs like this, I guess it could be ported from the PC to a console though).

If the requirements were much higher than this though, it could significantly lower the ammount of players able to play this without major upgrades to their systems, which could be a bit bad for SEGA, less players = less money. :>
    They would have been announced something about the 360 or PS3 though to ease some people minds.Instead they have a big ass sign at the end of the trailer that say's Windows PC.(Well it is SEGA so who knows what they'll do.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Feb 24, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    Pretty sure it was "produced" by Sonic Team but developed by Alfa System. I doubt they had much of anything to do with it besides handing over visual assets. PSP2 was developed by Alfa System and published by SEGA.
    The Sonic Team branding that showed up on PSP1 was the only handheld version of Phantasy Star to do so. Neither Zero, 2, nor 2i feature it. I can't find ST's branding on any part of the PSO2 website either.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Two words when I saw those specs: Console Port.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Why does it need 2 GB of Ram and a dual core processor? It can't be all that bad if that's the minimum requirements. Keep in mind these requirements are just to get the game to run, not necessarily look pretty. There's usually a difference between required and recommended. If this is recommended, be prepared to be disappointed. If this is required, then there may be hope for how good it is.

2GB of ram required? >_>
    This post is ridiculous. You need at least 2 GB of ram to even run Vista properly, and anyone planning on playing games should have at least 4 GB.

As for a dual core, well, this should not be a problem unless your computer is like five years old, but expecting to play games on a five year old PC is a little unrealistic.

Anyway, I'm still rather disappointed by these specs, but hopefully we get some recommended specs soon, so we can get more of an idea of how performance will be. It also depends on how well optimized the game will be. PSU was optimized like shit, and a 7800GT probably wouldn't be able to run it at full settings without lots of slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Two words when I saw those specs: Console Port.
    Don't hold your breath,they would have been said something by now.(I could be wrong it may come out for consoles.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    This post is ridiculous. You need at least 2 GB of ram to even run Vista properly, and anyone planning on playing games should have at least 4 GB.

As for a dual core, well, this should not be a problem unless your computer is like five years old, but expecting to play games on a five year old PC is a little unrealistic.

It runs well on this 2002 one. But the lack of GB makes me miss out on other things, Because PSOBB can only occupy me for so long.

I guess they may have aimed low with the system requirements in case they want to do a console version port at some point in the future.

And/or they want to keep the doors open to people who aren't snobby PC gaming "enthusiasts," which really works toward broadening their potential userbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    Pretty sure it was "produced" by Sonic Team but developed by Alfa System. I doubt they had much of anything to do with it besides handing over visual assets. PSP2 was developed by Alfa System and published by SEGA.
    The initial Phantasy Star Portable was pretty much just a port of Phantasy Star Universe to the PSP - a game that Sonic Team developed initially.

That's why the Sonic Team logo appears on the game.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I guess they may have aimed low with the system requirements in case they want to do a console version port at some point in the future.

And/or they want to keep the doors open to people who aren't snobby PC gaming "enthusiasts," which really works toward broadening their potential userbase.

The initial Phantasy Star Portable was pretty much just a port of Phantasy Star Universe to the PSP - a game that Sonic Team developed initially.

That's why the Sonic Team logo appears on the game.
    I personally think they would have made an announcement about the console version already,so people wont be out getting the PC version,then all of sudden they say,look here we console version out now,that would stupid as hell.(imo)(They might release it later but still people might be trying to upgrade their pc's when they don't have to.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Feb 24, 2011 at 08:48 PM.

You don't need to repeat yourself every time you see the word "console."
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.