Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Section ID error

I feel like I made a mistake.

I was reading a buide that recommended VIRIDIA as a good Ranger ID, my personal past favorite was Purplenum but I wanted to try something new.

After reviewing the drop charts for VIRIDIA, however, I'm finding their Ranger drops to be... less than impressive.

I'm wondering what redeeming drops I have to look forward to as a VIRIDIA, or, if there's nothing especially noteworthy, if it's worth restarting as a different ID. (Character is only like level 25 so it wouldn't be a huge deal I guess.)

This is all on OFFLINE MODE for Gamecube, so, picking a self-sufficient ID is especially important as I will not be able to trade.

Thank you in advance.

The only redeemable drop that Viridia gets is Yasha. Pinkal, Viridia, and Bluefull are considered to the be top three worst ID's in the game. ID's I consider good for ranger drops are Purplenum and Greenill. ID's that have good drops in general that I consider easier for rangers to get.... well that's actually every ID but the good drops from Skyly, Redria, Yellowboze, Whitill, and Oran will be easier for a ranger, especially Ramar and Ramarl since they are more self sufficient.

Hmmmm... so what would YOU recommend for offline mode? It would be nice to have some advantages and disadvantages listed for top-tier ID's for rangers

I'm thinking Purplenum is hands down the best, looking over some more info, they can get spread needle, frozen shooter, Yas9K, and some other gems.

I am also looking to obtain a H/Battle unit (Are those in GC? Or is that a BB only drop? If it's BB only, a God/Battle will suffice)

Heavenly/Battle is a Blue Blurst only unit. You will need a Redria to get God/Battle which is totally worth it and it has a couple of other interesting drops though not entirely the best. I would say Purplenum is hands down the best ID for Ranger Drops and for hunting Psycho Wand as well. Next in line would be Greenill, which is just Purplenum lite. As a ranger though, your strongest weapons will more then likely consist of shop weapons and other non-rare items that you could just find.

Viridia finds a lot of rare shots and a few rare partisans. It also finds ALL katanas (save for Ep4 Katanas).

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    Heavenly/Battle is a Blue Blurst only unit. You will need a Redria to get God/Battle which is totally worth it and it has a couple of other interesting drops though not entirely the best. I would say Purplenum is hands down the best ID for Ranger Drops and for hunting Psycho Wand as well. Next in line would be Greenill, which is just Purplenum lite. As a ranger though, your strongest weapons will more then likely consist of shop weapons and other non-rare items that you could just find.
    I don't know if I'd like sacrificing the ability to get a froozer or a spread needle just for increased attack speed, though it IS very nice. Any chance of getting a devil/battle on a purp ID?

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findin...d=5&version=v3

Purplenums cannot find Devil/Battle, so the only increase in attack speed you're likely to see as a Purplenum is General, and even then, it's hardly worth it. You'd be better off using the slot the Gen/Battle takes up for increasing ATP, LCK, ATA, or whatever other attribute you find important, or even better, for Cure/ or /Resist units, but if you want an attack increase, may as well roll with Redria. You can pick up some nice trophies (if you're into collecting) while hunting God/Battle, or after hunting it, but the point is, in the end, you're likely going to wish you had that God/Battle, and for that, you need Redria.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyFox View Post
    I don't know if I'd like sacrificing the ability to get a froozer or a spread needle just for increased attack speed, though it IS very nice. Any chance of getting a devil/battle on a purp ID?
    Luckily there is a way to have the best of both worlds. You can have up to four characters on a memory card so you will have room to make a Redria. Even if you don't want to keep the character, all you have to do is get that Redria into Ultimate forest. Once you have a God/Battle you can move it over to your main character, provided that you have another Gamecube controller. Trust me, the God/Battle is worth it. The ability to stun lock with Spread Needle and the much needed speed boost for shot type weapons is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    Luckily there is a way to have the best of both worlds. You can have up to four characters on a memory card so you will have room to make a Redria. Even if you don't want to keep the character, all you have to do is get that Redria into Ultimate forest. Once you have a God/Battle you can move it over to your main character, provided that you have another Gamecube controller. Trust me, the God/Battle is worth it. The ability to stun lock with Spread Needle and the much needed speed boost for shot type weapons is priceless.

i agree, God/Battles are great. any item with a speed increasing bonus is a must for RA/HU characters

Just thought I would re-state what the others are saying.

I'd highly recommend rolling Purplenum on your Ranger. Roll Redria on an alt, it doesn't take very long to hit Ult in offline and you only need to get to Ultimate Forest on the Redria toon.

Stay far away from Viridia, Bluefull or Pinkal. As the others also stated, those are garbage IDs minus a few drops.
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO