Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Totally new, just a few questions.

Really glad to be able to play PSU again, though trying the JP one. I have yet to find the answers to these questions..hopefully I can get some help.

1. Since I have no room like in the 360 version, how do I buy/sell stuff? I used to have some shop thing in there that let me search items I needed.

2. On that note, without a room do I just sell all the synthesis items? since I cant craft without the partner machinery?

3. How do I run it fullscreen? I'm sure it's something in the options menu before the game launches, but I can't read japanese. If someone can guide me which to click it'd be great.

4. Where do most people play? like what area/mission? I'm currently just soloing in parum till I'm a little higher, but I'd like to jump right in with other players for faster EXP. I remember white beasts mission was the popular one in 360 when I used to play.

5. How do you deal with the language barrier? (assuming you don't know japanese) do you just not talk to anyone? is there a community specifically of english speakers? etc.

That's all I can think of right now, really awesome to be back

1. You can't use player shops at all while playing free course.
    2. You can't synthesize at all while playing free course.
    4. I don't know.
    5. For most things, just print a chart of katakana and you will be fine. For playing with people, keep in mind that most Japanese players are not going to talk to you (don't take it personally, they do not even talk to each other in lobbies very often). If you don't know any Japanese, you're probably better just exchanging cards with a bunch of English speaking players and using cards to make parties.

Thanks!

So basically I could never buy or sell anything aside from NPCs...hmmm..this may be quite different than 360 that's for sure

4. Currently it's the GC GBR; Dark Satellite, Seed Awakened, Mechanical Ghosts. An event starts Thursday with the update we're getting.
    5. Some JP players may try and communicate basic things; most won't. I generally just talk to the other importers that play or solo.

Ah, cool..I'l have to check those out.

So how do you guys manage your weapons and armor with no the no buying/selling limitation? I got most of my "uber" gear on the 360 version from buying and selling with others.

I take it LOTS of patience just hoping for drops?

Basically, if you are going to play free course, just play it to enjoy the game. If you are concerned with getting really good equipment, then free course is not for you. Keep in mind that you cannot even make grinders.

Well honestly, I'm currently not paying for the 360 PSU, so If I enjoy myself on here I may just start paying for this one.

I wasn't going to bother asking these till I knew if I wanted to get really into it, but I suppose it's good to know.

1) How much is the fee monthly for the pay to play JP PSU?
    2) Can I pay with my debit card like I did the 360 PSU? (I live in the USA, so idk how the payment stuff would work..never payed for a game monthly before that is Japanese.)
    3) *Important* if I decide to switch to paying, do I have to start a new character in the upgraded mode, or does my current character just unlock their room and get all the features?

1. 1000 Yen, I believe. It's about $12 USD with current conversion rates.
    2. Yeah it should work fine.
    3. No new characters. You can go back and forth between free and premium course as much as you want, and it is still the same account.

Also, you can only do recurring monthly charge with a US card. There are options for 30 and 100 day passes but you need a JP card to do those.