Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFP vs HP mats

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Actually, aboput the Axeon series gunblades... Emperor Axeon is the highest-ATP Gunblade in the game... just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Okay im ending any sort of debate that may arise right here, right now: BALANCE THEM OUT! A high DFP will reduce the damage taken, and a high HP will increase the amount you can take. But having one or the other is pretty pointless, you have high DFP, but you dont have the hp to take the reduced, or you have high HP, but the DFP is to low to really matter. SOOOOO, if you have balanced DFP and HP, it creates a stand point where the Damage is reduced a nice amount, and you higher hp can take it very well. I have been working on my HUcast as a tank for a long time. I have practiced numerous builds, and have used countless reset mats. and the one thing i found works is having a pure power mag (thank my radam for that), and a balanced DFP and HP. I never focus only on tanking builds, because people dont seem to grasp that tanks take the damage. I will be level 88 in a group of 60s, and the lowest dude will run for all the enemies and die before i even have a chance to pull aggro. Now all the enemies are spreading out so i cant cc them all.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clavat99 View Post
    Okay im ending any sort of debate that may arise [about HP vs. DEF mats] right here, right now: BALANCE THEM OUT!
    Ill-advised for defensive stats. The thing is, the way PSZ is built, a few things must be considered while using materials:

-If you want your boost to matter, only boost stats that are your Race/class combo's strong points.
    -Only boost stats that are affected by buffs
    -Characters in online PS games have always been built this way: decent base offense, lol pathetic defensive stats.
    -You can only eat so many materials.

Thus, you can afford to balance power/Mind materials, but not Def/HP; since the investment required to make them effective is much bigger. Combine that with PSZ's lower mat count, and you're stuck investing in bulk if you want a useful defensive boost. Though, you COULD calculate the exact point at which, with buffs, debuffs and such, the exact number of, say, defense materials you'd need to nullify damage. OH, BUT WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?! YOU CAN'T COMPLETELY NULLIFY DAMAGE UNLESS YOU HAVE JELLEN ON THE ENEMIES AND 80 DEF MATS ON A HUCAST/CASEAL. Well, so much for math. Anyways, back to the other issues. Again, HP is terrible to invest in, even on HUcast/Caseal, since:

-at most, you get 160 more HP. Yay. Half a phobos slash more and you're dead.
    -The regen boost is...Useless. 'Nuff said.
    -The more HP = no falling down in the event you are hit = flinch when you get hit = more gang-rape = an even quicker death. Nothing wrong with that if you're a masochist, though.
    -did I mention HP can't be boosted through buffs? Yeah.
    -"What about slapping on more D/HPs?". Stacking more of what causes these problems won't solve 'em.

Whereas Def on a HUcast/Caseal is slightly less retarded since:

-You can get 0 damage if the enemies have level 4-5 Jellen on them OR if a force buffs you with lv.3 deband and debuffs the enemies with lv.3 Jellen OR if you use the Midgul PB.
    -You have less HP than a full HP build, removing one of the causes of gang-rape.

But, I'll admit, there's a drawback, which is ironically the same as with a full HP build:

-more Def = less damage taken = no falling down...WAIT. You were thinking "= flinch = gang-rape = faster death", right? Ha, you fell for it. Contrary to the nonsensical HP build, where you get hit for the same amount of damage despite a slightly bigger HP pool, you get hit for less damage with DEF, which makes the rest of that logical string be "= flinch = gang-rape = but still slower death". Yep, more time to escape the gang raping.

...Crap, textwall'ed again.

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

The main point im trying to get across is that having a nice balance of HP and DFP works in harmony, and i can guarantee that you will enjoy long survivability (never mind L's remarks to boss special attacks that do or almost kill you with one hit no matter your stats. Thats what the dodge action is for ) And my idea of a good build is having enough survivability to just get you to the boss in one piece (<--hey manga reference!). Fighting bosses is less dependent on high stats than it is on knowing where to be and when, and knowing the pattern of the bosses attacks and special abilities. Although having high stats does help a ton. Balanced HP and DFP lets you not have to worry about blowing all of your mates on the normal, unimportant baddies, unless of course your just a dumbass. And like L said, regen is crap. But i still keep a few regen items with me at all times so i can wait out my healths return without having to blow meseta on more mates. Just be prepared, have a nice balance of base stats and let your armor, weapons, and mag take care of the other boosts, and most importantly: Know Thy Enemy! this belief has kept me successful on PSZ for the last year and a half.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com