Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Default PSP2i Spoiler Thread

Warning, this topic is for discussion/pictures of PSP2i spoilers/story and stuff that you may wish to avoid that could ruin your experience of the game and also to stop it from going to other threads and causing mass rage now that the game is upon us.

It is not necessary to use spoiler tags here, so view this topic at your own risk.

JP Infinity street date was broken, leaked etc.

Hooray!

Episode 2 is really a lot quicker to complete than Episode 1, but then again it is only 5 chapters. This time around there are a lot more cutscenes in missions so you can see your character standing around and being talked to a lot! Screenshot mode doesn't work in CGI scenes still. Pics are behind boxes because there's a whole bunch, yeah Imageshack sucks, but whatever.

Ch.3

(Don) Tylor joins you in the second act of Ch.3 on the Moatoob forest and then El-Bals mountain. This whole chapter has a few nice gimmicks, act 1 plays out from a 2D perspective like Gameaga, and also from a birds eye view like some C-Mode missions. The second act has you+Nagisa, Tylor and Yut split in a small race to see who can clear the most areas first to ensure maximum manliness and hunterdom! Of course they stand no chance versus Sazonde. Shortly after, Duga Dunga ruins the fun and Nagisa eats more crystals.

Spoiler!

Ch.4 - Requisite beachwear edition!

Act 1 of Ch.4 isn't really an act at all, just a lengthy perv-fest scene where you, Emilia, Nagisa, Shizuru, Yut and Lumia hit the resort. In new swimwear of course!

Spoiler!

Of course the party doesn't last forever, and monsters start to go crazy with wanting to destroy computers and enter the resort. So Kunoh and Vasque join in to help you out (fully clothed). I have to admit it was pretty cool to finally get them as NPCs.

Spoiler!

As Nagisa begins to approach completion of her dark crystal mission, things start to go a bit crazy on Clad-6 and beyond. The 'Pioneer' also makes it's appearance from beneath Parum and quickly bursts in to action. This point of the game proves critical in which ending you will get as there are many dialogue choices and a big in-fight decision to make..

Spoiler!

Ch.5 (FINAL)

Nagisa vanishes to the mysterious new ship amidst riddles from Wynarl. There's no choice, we're going in. Dark Falz you can't be reborn here!

Spoiler!

The final area is certainly visually appealing. So much so that I failed at taking screenshots of it until the second act. Act 1 is filled with the new Strateria as you head in to find Nagisa. The music is also rather decent.. perhaps you'll recognise some of the melodies in there from 10 years ago..

Spoiler!

In Act 2 the ship has moved further out in to the atmosphere. You can even see the planet below from the window. How familiar. Some recognisable PSO enemies make a reappearance here.

Spoiler!

Unable to contain it much longer, Nagisa is at breaking point.

Spoiler!

Final Boss

Spoiler!

The moral of the story is that Yaoroz being a final boss reskin is basically confirmed.

The ending and credits ensue. Look out for a new arrangement of 'Rose Confession' as the BGM!

And quite possibly the most foreboding part of the whole game...

I only got the normal ending this time around. Ciao Nagisa! Will go back and try for true ending to unlock the Rico mission and no doubt further PSO2 hints. For bonus fun this time I will keep a count of how many times they say 'Dark Falz' (hint: over 200).

Will translate some story stuff a bit later and actually put more of what happens rather than just image dumping. Also expect translated ending spoilers.

Yummy! Tastes like Sazonde!
    Last edited by Kierto; Feb 23, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Cleanup!

I also got the normal ending on the first try (I wanted to get Rico´s side story) D: . It kinda let me down they didnt ad much clothing this time =_=...I'm still loving the Sol Protector for maes, tho :0 .
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Skilled Fighter

u guys have the umd, right?

Witing (im)patiently for the game to show up on psn, of course its only 4:30 am there right now but I keep trying anyways...

So if its only 5 chapters, how long are they compared to ep1?

Also, how many new open missions total?

Third, what are the low-high level ranges of the infinity difficulty open missions?
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Could you post screens of the new outfits Pretty Please? <3
    PSP2i: Irenes lvl 155 Human Force
    Maximilian lvl 82 Duman Ranger
    Ryoho lvl 95 Beast Vanguard

Ah, quite intersting, really hope the other/true ending reveal some interesting information.

And would anybody be able to post some screens of the new clothing?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    Witing (im)patiently for the game to show up on psn, of course its only 4:30 am there right now but I keep trying anyways...

So if its only 5 chapters, how long are they compared to ep1?

Also, how many new open missions total?

Third, what are the low-high level ranges of the infinity difficulty open missions?
    With a ported character from PSPo2 it took little time at all, about 5 hours or less. There is less CGI stuff this time but a lot more talking and in mission (unskippable) cutscenes.

Infinity level missions I've looked at so far range from level 150 monsters to level 220+ (max enemy level is 249 I believe). It depends on the mission, for example Seabed Relics Inf is level 175 or something only, but Inf level Grafka is like 220. Some enemies seem to have been tweaked a bit for them too, like Jedein now spams Megid like never before. EVP breaking point is also much higher. Time to rebirth!

Also, 14* Feril/Legs EVP Units were nerfed. Now only +15 EVP! Time to get hunting for Infinity/Legs. There's a new version of the Psychowand in there, too, oooh. Heaven Punisher and SJS are also confirmed to be in.

The Volna Grafka boss is a rework of the new Crab. It is a lot of fun actually, even if it will piss ranged characters off. It spins the arena round and talks and everything. I prefer it to crabby.

Working on Hard mode completion now (final boss level 205) and pics of costumes. There aren't very many and everything so far is a set item.
    Last edited by Kierto; Feb 23, 2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Cleanup!

Quote Originally Posted by Kierto View Post
    With a ported character from PSPo2 it took little time at all, about 5 hours or less. There is less CGI stuff this time but a lot more talking and in mission (unskippable) cutscenes.

Infinity level missions I've looked at so far range from level 150 monsters to level 220+ (max enemy level is 249 I believe). It depends on the mission, for example Seabed Relics Inf is level 175 or something only, but Inf level Grafka is like 220. Some enemies seem to have been tweaked a bit for them too, like Jedein now spams Megid like never before. EVP breaking point is also much higher. Time to rebirth!

Also, 14* Feril/Legs EVP Units were nerfed. Now only +15 EVP! Time to get hunting for Infinity/Legs. There's a new 16* version of the Psychowand in there, too, oooh. Heaven Punisher and TJS are also confirmed to be in.

The Volna Grafka boss is a rework of the new Crab. It is a lot of fun actually, even if it will piss ranged characters off. It spins the arena round and talks and everything. I prefer it to crabby.

Working on Hard mode completion now (final boss level 205) and pics of costumes. There aren't very many and everything so far is a set item.
    only 13 lvs to 200 then I'll rebirth and pour into evp. Since the new infinity goodies I can effectively melee tech and shoot I have forsaken most of my twin weapons in favour of various onehadners and only swap to twin dagger when I know I must block, so evp has become more important than just an easy way to avoid damage.

Looking forward to seeing how some enemies will become nastier over 200, partners being effective for building chains will help a lot.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Exlcuding the new race defaults and assuming Ep.1 Normal/Hard Clear (True End) and Ep.2 Normal Clear (Normal End) this is what is available in the store, too lazy to do all the colours right now.

Yes only one new set for Caseals at this stage. Probably a couple more to come with Hard mode complete.

Spoiler!

Of course we can expect many more options due to the amount of collabs and DLC planned.

Interesting weapons confirmed to be in the full version that were either dummied out or not present in the demo data. This is by far from a complete list though, one will no doubt be available shortly once dataminers get their teeth in.

Swords: Dark Flow, Sealed J-Sword, Steel Hearts IV
    Knuckles: Glorious Wings, Nyacles, Judgement Hearts
    Axes: Gigants Impact, End-If
    Spears: Bajunata, Ultimate Knight
    Twin Daggers: Nanoblast Scythes
    Twin Saber: Dios Desperation, Divine Yaoroz
    Twin Handgun: Twin Heaven Punisher
    Dagger: Nanoblast Edge, True Agito, Divine Kamui
    Handgun: Heaven Punisher
    Rifles: Astral Riser, Darkness Ray
    Shotgun: Dark Meteor Shot (probably the 'real' Dark Flow versus the competition winner already in PSPo2), Yasminkov 4000X
    Grenades: Indi Launcher, Garanz Launcher, Puyo Pop Cannon
    Shadoog: Elenor, Dark Falz Dust
    Shield: Flowen's Shield
    Rods: Eternal Psychodrive (new P-Wand)

Along with Wing units for the other PSO Section ID colors and a new tier of support units: Infinity/***.
    Last edited by Kierto; Feb 23, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Cleanup!

Aside from the new clothes that are small in number did you find any rares that caught your eye?

EDIT: The new males clothes are sooo lame. Thanks though.
    Last edited by Lucky 777; Feb 23, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
    PSP2i: Irenes lvl 155 Human Force
    Maximilian lvl 82 Duman Ranger
    Ryoho lvl 95 Beast Vanguard