Default HUnewearl and HUnewm

How do they do with techniques later in the game? I'm now sure how much the lvl 10 techs drag behind, but i'm not enjoying the FOney or FOnewm as melee/tech breeds, and i'm not too interested in the FOmar/FOmarl at this point. I'm not looking for nuking, but i'd love to be able to throw them out now and again with PA support and such. Just looking to see if they can be used as a force in some way.

In my experience, both do quite nicely. They trade off strength for Technique power.

The HUnewm has depressing HP though, so you might want to try a HUnewearl if you plan on getting right in the face of the enemy. Or a HUnewm with Slicers.
    It's always the quiet ones...

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

If you want to get the most technique power out of your HUnewm/HUnewearl, you'll have to have:

-80 mind materials
    -80 Mind/20 Hit MAG
    -Kouga Shuriken (max grinded)
    -Shinobi suit 4-slot
    -3 Divine/Minds (4 would be best, but replacing the 4th D/mind with a Compress PA is much more worth it for chain breaking with techs/PAs)

With this setup, a HUney will have around...1109 MST (at level 100), while HUnewm will have slightly lower. This allows their techniques to do around 280 on the proper enemy, and heal around 600 for Resta. Not too mention their slicer attacks will still pack a punch without Celeb and have decent accuracy. Not as powerful as a Force, but still quite potent.

Okay sounds great!

I'm just having difficulty choosing a class. I had one in mind until i realized that the stat caps don't work like they used to, so making an interesting build can be fun. My worry is that the HUnewearl and HUnewm will not be a challenge with their evp and other stats...seems like they would just slaughter pretty quickly. I'm trying to find a class that's rewarding in combat, but also has a great deal of challenging support and such. More for multi play with my wife.