Thread: The Chessboard

Talking The Chessboard

Lesson Number One: The Chess Game

It took the message pack in the second half of the dark shrine for me to Realize this... but the entire Shrine could be related to chess pieces.

Derreo/ Zerreo: Pawns
    Eulid /Eulidevil/ Eulad/ Euladevil: Rooks
    Phobos/ Zaphobos/ Dyna: King

Now comes the tricky part: The queen herself.
    The Jumpers: It took me a month to figure out each one did something distinct from the others. It took me another week to discern which was which... and I got all of their rules figured out. Except one: The jumper that causes two balls of electricity had me stumped. sometimes the attacks were head on, and sometimes to the sides...
    Here's the rub: The chessboard is divided into white and gold squares. The gold squares have blue circles in the middle. These mark where the orbs strike. Stand on white to avoid the thunderballs. Other than that... well... the other two are easy.

When you kill two, and then mother trinity brings herself into the fight, the third one gains an enhanced version of its original power.
    The sword jumper has two swings in a spot before jumping.
    The one that shoots lightning in a line now shoots one in a straight line and two diagonaly.
    The orb jumper... well... I didn't pay careful enough attention to figure it out, but it appears to no longer be bound to just gold panels.

Now for Trinity herself:
    The arms: When she brings her arms out, immediately cut them down, and she will fall forward, giving you time to strike. Act quick or you'll lose a chance to hit her hard. This is best done in Wi-Fi when you have sentient allies, because your AI allies always just go for her body, which is dangerous and slow.

Dark Falz:
    This is the player behind the Chessboard. He makes the moves and plans the game to his rules. Strafing is essential. Lock onto his head and hit him hard while avoiding the orbs of darkness and the rising spike things.

When he dives, just avoid him until he stops and then hit him as hard as you can. He'll "surface" again, and then finish him before he dives a second time.
    "If it rusts, it can never be trusted
    If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
    Yes, pride is
    Like a blade."
    -Tite Kubo

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

You can get rid of all 3 pieces if you kill the last two at the same time. It's a matter of gauging their HP and distributing the damage accordingly.

Hitting Dark Falz' balls will damage him almost as much is if you hit his head, and force him to either stagger or generate more balls, interrupting his creation of spikes on the floor. Though, if you're adamant about hitting only his head, the spot to the right of it just in front of his shoulder is best for melee attackers; his dark beam and balls will avoid you, while he'll just push you away with his head instead of reducing your HP to 1 if he uses his light beam. You'll still have to roll out and back in that spot if he uses the spikes, though.