Default Infinity online on US PSP

I have some friends in Japan and I'd love to play Infinity online with them. My PSP is set up with a US account for the playstation network. Will I be able to play the Japan PSP2i online just fine or will I need a Japanese Playstation network account? And if so is it possible to have 2 accounts on the PSP at the same time?

I want to join them, but I'm being told I won't be able to since I've already linked the PSP to a US account and region.

Nope, there's no such restriction as far as I know. Just put your US PSN account details in a safe place, then sign up for a JP account, change the account in your PSP to that and it should work.

You can't have two simultaneous US and JP accounts running at the same time on the PSP though - you can only run one at a time.
    Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Mar 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

You would have to create a Japanese PSN account, then have pspo2i's passcode attached to the account. If your psp is already linked to a US account, you can delete the account (I believe you go to the account management, press triangle, an option appears to delete it).

Deleting the account does not delete your US PSN account, but it does de-link any paid dlc games or items you have installed to the psp. If after you decide to play with a US PSN account again, you can simply delete the existing installed account (the Japanese one) and it will re-link any paid dlc games or items again...after you re-install the US PSN account.

Simple answer is yes you need a Japanese PSN account to play and no, you can still play with your friends (provided you remove the US account attached to the psp that you can re-attach later).

hi i know this may sound like a no brainer but hay a friendly warning
    you will not be able to play your US games if your psp is under a Japanese account
    but changing it back is easy you can do it in the account management on your psp

/_Ruesa QT __/ ♀ /_Human__/_Vanguard _/ level.081 \

Correction. You cannot play your US games online. There's no actual problem with playing your game offline as normal.

Just to add a bit more. You can play your US games if it's the UMD. If you download from PSN, then you can't play your US games until you switch back to your US account and activate the games from the account settings.

I own exactly 2 games for the PSP. Phantasy Star Portable 2, and Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Both are UMD disk. I've just been switching back and forth between my JP and my US PSN account for each game I want to play. All is working well with no problems. Thanks for the help! My JP friend is thrilled I can play with her again.

I do wonder why all these region restrictions though. Isn't the whole point of an online game supposed to be that you can overcome boarders and play with people no matter where they are? Why do they insist on making me jump through a whole bunch of hoops just to play with my friend who lives in another country. It's frustrating.