Default My shortcuts disappeared

So the other day I closed one of my browsers, and all my shortcuts weren't there anymore. I didn't knowingly delete them or change something to make them disappear, but somehow they have. I restarted my computer, no change. I just now tried to create a new shortcut, and it isn't appearing in the background, so something's up. I'm running Vista home premium. Anybody know what's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Did you unchecked the "Show icons on desktop" option on right click on desktop-> Arrange icons by accident? I have no idea if that's not that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyouta View Post
    Did you unchecked the "Show icons on desktop" option on right click on desktop-> Arrange icons by accident? I have no idea if that's not that case.
    Sounds like this is the case. Though I don't know how it would have been checked in the first place if you just closed a browser. You may want to run an AV. ;/
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Well I checked, and my computer did have a check next to "show decktop icons". However, unchecking it and clicking it again fixed my problem. Dunno how that happened, but thanks guys.
    PSO-World is a game?

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    Well I checked, and my computer did have a check next to "show decktop icons". However, unchecking it and clicking it again fixed my problem. Dunno how that happened, but thanks guys.
    Well I'd say it's just those weird Windows glitches that apear everynow and then.

Well, new development here.

It's happening constantly. No matter what I do, 90% of the time when I close a browser, turn on my computer, whatever, the icons aren't there. Occasionally they stay, but most of the time they don't. I don't understand this.
    PSO-World is a game?

Well in that case... I would just format it. I usually format mine every 4 or 5 months, sometimes less than that.

I may end up doing that. Thanks for the help.
    PSO-World is a game?