Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Red face Making the Switch — conversion woes

Yay! My order for psp2i just shipped. However, soon after I read the confirmation it dawned on me that I'd need to convert my save somehow :/ . I am aware of the process, but I have a 3000 so am rendered unable to convert it myself. With 300+ hours overall, I am hesitant about starting over - plus I really don't want to 9.9 . I like my newman.

Sooooo, with my plea having been heard, I was hoping that someone who still has the necessary setup would be willing to convert my save. I know I missed the boat with funkyskunk, and the guy doing conversions on the sega site has since stopped as well - so this is pretty much a very hopeful shot in the dark.

I figured I'd post this now before the copy arrives, given that my desired answer is not likely to be imminent.

So umm, near eternal gratitude and ego cookies for whoever saves me

Someone from Sega forums is still doing save conversions not Aida but someone else pm him on there I'm sure he will do it. His name is Tyss.

It's the SAVEDATA.bin I need right?

//Ugh, he said this is the final batch, so it feels like a mad dash to make it lol

Btw Thanks a lot for the quick link!!
    Last edited by MESeele; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Extra info minus double post

It's been a while since i've done it but it's either the whole save data or the NPJH file.

I ended up just zipping the entire thing. All that's left is to wait and see. Suppose I'll be finishing up okamiden in the meantime.

Thanks again for the help! *Hands over an ego cookie* Enjoy

I would love to do it...
    But I don't really know how o3o

I'll keep you in mind should my taken actions completely fall flat and crush me

It's a process that requires many resources though, and straining enough that doing it enough times is known to bust memory cards and apparently psps as well

Does anyone who is in a rush to convert in order to play inf know if you can convert back?
    If it's a scramble now, do you think it's going to be a 10x worse one once they actually let inf out over here? (if such a thing is possible, and I wouldn't guess it'd be impossible)

It can be done, actually. I did that with PSP1 and PSP2. The only problem I saw was that some items decriptions/visuals were different or changed and EXP gaining was different as well but that was about it.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Does anyone who is in a rush to convert in order to play inf know if you can convert back?
    If it's a scramble now, do you think it's going to be a 10x worse one once they actually let inf out over here? (if such a thing is possible, and I wouldn't guess it'd be impossible)
    Nah, I don't plan on going back to the english version even if it does happen to be released locally. Too many collaborations we'd simply be denied outright. Outside of kanji, I get by pretty well. Most of the kanji present comes from story mode anyway. Tbh, the only other phantasy star I've played is pso, and I sure didn't play that for it's riveting single player story. I'll just read a spoiler after completing it.

Only reason I'm in a rush is that my copy is currently on its way. That and anyone still willing to convert seems to be on their last legs.

As for re-converting back, many on this site and gamefaqs did just that when vanilla came out.

Had I not been afraid of importing, I probably would have gotten the jpn version vanilla right from the get-go. But I digress