Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

The Titans got a badly needed quarterback. I just hope they don't accidentally run him into the ground while trying to get him broken in.

Ship 2 - Gatz

DRAFT PICKS
    PICK TEAM PLAYER POS
    1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton QB
    2 Denver Broncos Von Miller LB
    3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus DT
    4 Cincinnati Bengals A.J. Green WR
    5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson CB
    6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones WR
    7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith DE
    8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker QB
    9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith OT
    10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert QB
    11 Houston Texans J.J. Watt DE
    12 Minnesota Vikings Christian Ponder QB
    13 Detroit Lions Nick Fairley DT
    14 St. Louis Rams Robert Quinn DE
    15 Miami Dolphins Mike Pouncey OL
    16 Washington Redskins Ryan Kerrigan DE
    17 New England Patriots Nate Solder OL
    18 San Diego Chargers Corey Liuget DT
    19 New York Giants Prince Amukamara CB
    20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Adrian Clayborn DL
    21 Cleveland Browns Phil Taylor DL
    22 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Castonzo OL
    23 Philadelphia Eagles Danny Watkins OL
    24 New Orleans Saints Cameron Jordan DE
    25 Seattle Seahawks James Carpenter OL
    26 Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Baldwin WR
    27 Baltimore Ravens Jimmy Smith CB
    28 New Orleans Saints Mark Ingram RB
    29 Chicago Bears Gabe Carimi OL
    30 New York Jets Muhammad Wilkerson DT
    31 Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Heyward DT
    32 Green Bay Packers Derek Sherrod OL

For My team " THE JAGUARS"
    Before, it had only been words. Critical words, from the owner and the coach, but words nonetheless.

Now the Jaguars have taken their dissatisfaction with QB David Garrard to the next level.

By making Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert the 10th overall pick of the draft — and moving up six spots in a trade with the Redskins to do it — the Jaguars made it as clear as possible that Garrard’s days as the starter are nearing an end.

The last quarterback the Jaguars drafted in the first round was Byron Leftwich, seventh overall, in 2003.

Gabbert was widely seen as the second-best quarterback in the draft, after Cam Newton. Gabbert and Newton also were widely considered the only two quarterbacks in the draft deserving of a first-round grade.

With Gabbert, the Jaguars might have the quarterback who’s the most ready to step into the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

It seems that the Jaguars have decided they have gone as far as they can with Garrard, who at his best has been efficient but never shown he can be a consistent difference-maker despite signing a seven-year, $60 million contract in 2008.

Soon, it will be Gabbert’s turn to demonstrate that he can be that kind of quarterback for Jacksonville.

2nd Round Pick

Spoiler!

3rd Round Pick

Spoiler!

4th Round

Spoiler!

5th Round

Spoiler!

6th Round

Spoiler!

7th Round

Spoiler!

That one place you may or may not have been... East-side

Eagles got Casey Matthews!! WOO HOO!!! Danny Watkins isn't a bad pick up either, I was hoping for Kelvin Shepard as well but he got picked up early...
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post
    The Titans got a badly needed quarterback. I just hope they don't accidentally run him into the ground while trying to get him broken in.
    I didn't think they were gonna go after Locker so early, that was bold on their part. But if they didn't the Vikes were going to take him or the skins so I'm not mad a them. Great pick up, Lockers work ethic is on the one, and he'll definitely help win games... Especially with Chris Johnson? The Titans are gonna be way more of a threat.
    1 Corinthians 13 Love suffers long, is kind, envies not, isn't puffed up, doesn't behave unseemly, seeks not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, rejoices not in sin, but rejoices in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, love never fails... (MATTHEW 24:3-51)

Who thinks Detroit is going to the play offs? They got my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by washuguy View Post
    I didn't think they were gonna go after Locker so early, that was bold on their part. But if they didn't the Vikes were going to take him or the skins so I'm not mad a them. Great pick up, Lockers work ethic is on the one, and he'll definitely help win games... Especially with Chris Johnson? The Titans are gonna be way more of a threat.
    The Titans are a threat?. lol. to my team they are. since they are both in the AFC south. and to the other AFC south teams...

we will see which rookie Quarter back does good in the future in the AFC South.

this is almost exactly what happen in 2003 in the AFC south when Byron LeftWitch (NFL Draft: 2003 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7) and David Carr Started 1st started as QB except Carr was drafted in 2002/NFL Draft: 2002 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1.

now it's like a new era. but of course they wont start them right away.
    Last edited by Ryno; May 2, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    The Titans are a threat?. lol. to my team they are. since they are both in the AFC south. and to the other AFC south teams...

we will see which rookie Quarter back does good in the future in the AFC South.

this is almost exactly what happen in 2003 in the AFC south when Byron LeftWitch (NFL Draft: 2003 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7) and David Carr Started 1st started as QB except Carr was drafted in 2002/NFL Draft: 2002 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1.

now it's like a new era. but of course they wont start them right away.
    When the Jags got Gabbert my mouth flew open. I was like WHAT??? But I don't blame them, Blaine can sit while Gerrard, who isn't to bad can make a play-off run. But in the AFC south... That's tough. But nonetheless it's a good investment. Let me rephrase that... The titans are better on offense than they were a year ago. I think that makes me sound a bit more sane LOL

Quote Originally Posted by washuguy View Post
    When the Jags got Gabbert my mouth flew open. I was like WHAT??? But I don't blame them, Blaine can sit while Gerrard, who isn't to bad can make a play-off run. But in the AFC south... That's tough. But nonetheless it's a good investment. Let me rephrase that... The titans are better on offense than they were a year ago. I think that makes me sound a bit more sane LOL
    same here. i didn't expect they would get Gabbert. thought they would get a Deffense. but when the draft was about to start on my mind was a QB on their mind was deffense. but then when i saw the head line news at the bottom of the screen says "Jags need a QB" during the draft. im guessing that they might pick him or another one. until they traded Washington and gave up their second round for the 10th spot to get Gabbert.

But yes. i dont blame them either for getting Gabbert same with the fans at home. they are actually happy compared to last years draft. which Jags fane including myself wanted Tim Tebow
    1, becuase he's Top three QB's
    2. He's Orginally From Jacksonville
    3. after playing the last games in Denver 2011 season he got better!!
    But yes Blain can sit while Garrard will start becuase David is still a good QB and Last year David in one of the games against the cowboys was nearly perfect. just that game though which He completed 17 of 21 passes for 260 yards and four touchdowns. He also scored a rushing touchdown on a quarterback keeper. His passer rating for the game was a dazzling 158.3. and some other game he does poor and ok. with Blain Gabbert i'm thinking he might be like Arron Rodgers. Who sat for like 3 years with out starting and then play and progress his way. and then you might not know. win a super bowl like what arron rodgers did!. unless Garrard gets injured that will be a differ story.
    back in the 2003 Season when MArk Brunell injured his Throwing arm in the middle of the season Leftwitch took over and stayed as QB for 4 years and then after that he started to not do good and Garrard took over. and now that garrard is getting at that age. which he is age 33. and his 1st team is still the Jagaurs.
    but we will see what happens when the season starts.

and you're right Titans are better on offense than they were a year ago. i rmember that one season in 2008 when they were 13-3! and i rmember long time ago. back in 1999-2000 the Titans Defeated the jags with 2 losses and the Jags had a record of 14-2 and lost the Div playoffs by the Titans and the Titans went to the Super bowl agaisnt the Rams.