Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Traits

Otherwise know as Hououza

Default Racial Traits

So, thinking back to the good (or bad for some people) days of Episode 1 & 2, does anyone think that they might revive the racial traits?

For those that don't know, CASTs had health regeneration when standing still, the ability to drop mines, the ability to see mines and immunity to paralysis and poison.

Newmans had TP regeneration when standing still.

Humans had...well, the fact that they were human and were good and almost everything!

For better or for worse, I liked being able to stand still to heal, anyone else?

I think they should definitely come back, just give Humans their own buff instead of leaving them high and dry like every other game out there.

Maybe Humans should be able to wield a wider variety of weapons than the other races of the same class, since we're versatile. Like say a Cast or Newman hunter can only wield handguns and mech guns as ranged weapons, but a Human hunter can wield low level rifles as well.

I dislike Race specials, but if they are in Humans should get something special besides being "Human" to make up for it.

Personally, I would prefer a lack of all racial differences. But I certainly see no real harm in returning to something similar to the old system, especially since the goal is nostalgia.

However, the trailer already shows PSP2-stylized PP regeneration, so every race will have a special/magic bar regeneration that goes from zero to full in 10 seconds, which already destroys the expected Newman advantage. So if you were to give them anything, it would be something else. And since everyone gets the Newman special, I would want to take away Cast HP regeneration.

And I certainly do not want to see a return of PSO/Z’s rules of “No FOcasts and no RAnewms,” so I do prefer a setting where Cast will have tech access when they switch to Force. But it certainly would be nice to see a hybridization system where Newman as Hunter/Ranger raised those classes’ tech cap at the cost of skills and Cast as Hunter/Force raised those classes’ bullet cap at the cost of techs. And human gets the default values.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXer0 View Post
    I think they should definitely come back, just give Humans their own buff instead of leaving them high and dry like every other game out there.

Maybe Humans should be able to wield a wider variety of weapons than the other races of the same class, since we're versatile. Like say a Cast or Newman hunter can only wield handguns and mech guns as ranged weapons, but a Human hunter can wield low level rifles as well.
    I like this idea if any, and maybe even make our defense not be broken since I think humans supposedly were supposed to have the most defense, I don't remember if that was just PSP2 or PSO also

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsXe View Post
    I like this idea if any, and maybe even make our defense not be broken since I think humans supposedly were supposed to have the most defense, I don't remember if that was just PSP2 or PSO also
    It was PSP2 that they had the highest defense. However, Cast HP and Beast HP+EVP outweighed human physical defense, so it was really more a "let's just give them something, but not anything useful." In PSO, I believe it was the Cast Rangers that had the highest defense for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    It was PSP2 that they had the highest defense. However, Cast HP and Beast HP+EVP outweighed human physical defense, so it was really more a "let's just give them something, but not anything useful." In PSO, I believe it was the Cast Rangers that had the highest defense for some odd reason.
    Probably because they looked like walking tanks

Defense was broken =(.I never really cared about feril defense mods

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXer0 View Post
    Probably because they looked like walking tanks
    RAcaseal was the highest DFP in PSO. That is not a tank. Or the the second maid-tank since Space Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Exactly so maybe depending on how they set the classes maybe Humans should get the highest defense or something that actually works. or just leave racial traits out.