Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Why is it that people think that a hybrid of all the Phantasy Star games in the last 10 yrs is a bad thing! I'm all in with their direction. With only one video to go off of, I'm actually impressed. Didn't think SEGA still had "it". Not the most visually stunning game ever but it doesn't need to be either for this type of game.

Do people still expect the game to be built off a years old PSO with a clunky battle system like everything past Episode 4 didn't happen?

At least the Visuals look like PSO so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pso4life View Post
    Ok, looking at the vid and screenshots, this is clearly more PSU2 or possibly PSU x pso... but no PSO2

-Character animations like walking / running look ripped straight out of PSU aswell as the character design (even though the hand-drawn chars on intro do seem reminiscent of PSO).
    -No mags ...yet? 1 toon looks like he might have a section ID but that's about it... can't see any others.
    -Combat still appears to be like PSU system... no sign of timing attacks to execute full combo...
    -PP is still here, what happened to TP? I guess no show of Force character cause it would give it away too quickly...
    -Combat reticule is definately from PSU aswell as autolock-on...
    -Level design does seem like a step back in the right direction

PSP or PSP2(i) worked ok for the PSP, but if SEGA ported PSO on PSP it would be the instant best-seller !
    If you're gonna make PSU2, don't call it PSO2... or at least have some decency to admit it...

Tips for a good sequel : take the original and make it bigger/better/prettier etc... not strip/dumb it down or try re-inventing the wheel badly... psu flopped for a reason

Example of good sequels :
    -Streets of rage 1 & 2
    -Shenmue 1 & 2
    -Panzer Dragoon 1,2 and Orta (Saga is in another league)
    -Virtua Fighter 1,2,3,4 and Evo
    -Diablo 1&2
    -Warcaft 1,2,3

Ok think i vented enough for now...

Oh and the music in the vid sounds more like pso mixed with ALOT of Panzer Dragoon... as well as the enemy design at the end of vid...LOL.

I'm still hoping this 'psu2' will be good... maybe they got the formula better, but for now it still looks like PSU crossed with more pso than the portable psp2(i)... but certainly not a true PSO sequel...

(p.s: maybe get Platinum Games to make the real sequel )
    Yeah to you it make not look like a sequel,but to me it's a perfect blend of PSO and PSU.(I'm also a PSO fan.)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

I can't tell if OP is trolling or-

Quote Originally Posted by pso4life
    Example of good sequels :
    Random games OP likes
    Oh. Yeah. He is.

0/10.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Fail troll is fail,plus his name is annoying lmao
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Well of course combat resembles more like PSU(actually more like the portable games)because like it or not PSO's battle system is outdated.PSU improved on it and it was further refined in the Portable games.

Why wouldn't Sakai further expand and create something new with the engine he worked hard on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel View Post
    I can't tell if OP is trolling or-

Oh. Yeah. He is.

0/10.

Well if you check i took a bunch of random games from the SEGA of old, and a some of the biggest blockbusters that made Blizz.

I shoulda added PSPo1&2

I'm actually hoping this 'psu2' will be good and will be playing it on day 1 (cause you guessed it i'm a phantasy star fan)...

...however they shouldn't be calling it PSO2 when it clearly won't be a true sequel, but just to try racking in the maximum $$$ from nostalgia fans of the PSO of old.

Well if you check out PSU, PSPo1&2i, those look like logical sequels because they share the same core gameplay mechanics and visual style and feel.

From the initial footage i see more PSU than PSO...

Quote Originally Posted by pso4life View Post
    Well if you check out PSU, PSPo1&2i, those look like logical sequels because they share the same core gameplay mechanics and visual style and feel.

From the initial footage i see more PSU than PSO...
    I think he means the story/lore, not the gameplay.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

If you want to play PSO, why don't you just....play PSO?

I hope you realize PSO2 is 10-11 (depending on when it is released) years ahead of PSO...of course it's going to look more like PSU. You should note that it appears one of the key differences of PSO (as compared to PSU) is still present: classes are not changeable. We were given a screen of a HUnewearl, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say we will have to choose our class upon character creation and be stuck with it as we did in PSO.