Page 195 of 209 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2087

Well it would kinda defeat the purpose of those potions though. Any self healing skills would probably have to heal less than a monomate would in order for it to be balanced into the game properly.
    ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ ヌル サヌラ -TWITTER (*^ワ^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Nurusanura View Post
    Well it would kinda defeat the purpose of those potions though. Any self healing skills would probably have to heal less than a monomate would in order for it to be balanced into the game properly.
    Or it could be a Heal over Time. Unlike those monomates.

For all we know subclasses will allow you to utilize techs such as Resta as a Hunter anyway. Honestly even with the limits Resta had for Hunters in PSO I still found it absurdly useful. I actually found myself carrying fluids instead of any mates because Resta just completely trumped using mates as I could get multiple full heals off one fluid over one heal per mate.

In PSO2 especially classes now rapidly restore PP, especially Hunters who are constantly melee attacking their enemy would make a heal spell incredibly broken. Even if it's a heal over time you don't take damage consistently enough for it to balance out. When you take damage in PSO2 you tend to take a lot of damage instead of taking moderate damage over frequent hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Taitu View Post
    For all we know subclasses will allow you to utilize techs such as Resta as a Hunter anyway. Honestly even with the limits Resta had for Hunters in PSO I still found it absurdly useful. I actually found myself carrying fluids instead of any mates because Resta just completely trumped using mates as I could get multiple full heals off one fluid over one heal per mate.

In PSO2 especially classes now rapidly restore PP, especially Hunters who are constantly melee attacking their enemy would make a heal spell incredibly broken. Even if it's a heal over time you don't take damage consistently enough for it to balance out. When you take damage in PSO2 you tend to take a lot of damage instead of taking moderate damage over frequent hits.
    Let's hope that subclasses are part of the Open Beta.

Why would you even have to pick a class if you could simply be all of them at the same time? I think sub-classes are an exciting idea, but with only three classes, you get to be two thirds of them with one character. It defeats the whole purpose of role playing.

The only reason I, as a force, would approve of sub-classes is because all of you hunters and rangers out there always run away from my resta cloud and it wastes my time and PP trying to heal you. Then if you all die, then I can just say that it was your own fault for not healing yourself.
    Last edited by Mike; May 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by PSO Addict View Post
    Why would you even have to pick a class if you could simply be all of them at the same time? I think sub-classes are an exciting idea, but with only three classes, you get to be two thirds of them with one character. It defeats the whole purpose of role playing.
    I've been told -but I dunno really- your max subclass level is half your main class lvl
    Duck TalesNeifirst [ship 2]

Quote Originally Posted by Nurusanura View Post
    Not really. Mates are already not needed as a FO, except maybe some trimates for emergencies since resta is a HoT.

Not having to rely on mates will simply be one of the perks of going with a FO subclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat666 View Post
    I've been told -but I dunno really- your max subclass level is half your main class lvl
    This is just a conjecture based off of FFXI's subclass system. Nobody has any idea how subclasses work if it even means you equip a second class or if 'subclasses' are just other class types like figunner, protranser, etc.

Honestly I agree with Addict. I would prefer the division of the classes not be mucked up by a subclass system. Right now all of the classes seem to have a very specific purpose and are fairly well balanced in comparison to previous Phantasy Star iterations. I would hate to see this torn down simply because people wanted to have their character, 'able to do it all.'
    Last edited by Taitu; May 6, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

A glare more piercing than any spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taitu View Post
    I would hate to see this torn down simply because people wanted to have their character, 'able to do it all.'
    I don't wanna do it all, I just want my hunter to be able to cast Resta

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    I don't wanna do it all, I just want my hunter to be able to cast Resta
    Same. Replace ''Hunter'' with ''Ranger''.