Page 176 of 209 FirstFirst ... 76126166173174175176177178179186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2087

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while now. Took a look over the information in this thread, and it looks like everything is shaping up nicely.

My question is, have they spoken anything about more hybrid playstyles like Melee/support forces(Fomar)? It was one of my favorite things about PSO, so I'm just wondering if it will return in some form.
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

The team has mentioned a sub-class system. This is further speculated from the datamining thread. EX: Hunter main-class with Force sub-class may be called Huntertecher.

How exactly the sub-class system will work, we don't exactly know that yet. But, you can bet that it will exist.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    The team has mentioned a sub-class system. This is further speculated from the datamining thread. EX: Hunter main-class with Force sub-class may be called Huntertecher.

How exactly the sub-class system will work, we don't exactly know that yet. But, you can bet that it will exist.
    Great, that is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you! Interesting. I wonder if Huntertecher will have its own skill tree?
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

Quote Originally Posted by condiments View Post
    Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while now. Took a look over the information in this thread, and it looks like everything is shaping up nicely.

My question is, have they spoken anything about more hybrid playstyles like Melee/support forces(Fomar)? It was one of my favorite things about PSO, so I'm just wondering if it will return in some form.
    As a tech/melee hybrid myself, I wondered this too at first.

This video from alpha2 was posted a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Subclasses weren't in the alpha, so this character is pure Force, but she does pretty well duoing the gunslash and techs. Techs aren't specifically linked to rods/wands anymore, so you can cast while having a melee weapon equipped, à la PSO. You can also link techs to a rod for boosted power.

As for the skill trees, I'm assuming it would work like subclasses in other MMOs, by giving you limited access to the tree of that class. It would be great to see unique skill trees for each class/sub combo though.

I'm hoping subbing Hunter (Forcehunter? Forcefighter?) will give me access to Partizans.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

^ DAT VIEW the first minute of the video.

Most interesting playstyle I've ever seen, I never did catch a good video of TECH casting without a rod.

And most people generally played pretty boring and straight forward...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    ^ DAT VIEW the first minute of the video.

Most interesting playstyle I've ever seen, I never did catch a good video of TECH casting without a rod.

And most people generally played pretty boring and straight forward...
    Thanks!! That's me playing in that video

It was definitely very fun to play with that style! I'm just sad that tech damage is so weak without a rod. I really hope there will be some way to have better damage without a rod later in the game

Hopefully +MST units will be around to help with that. Plus, the Force skill tree has Fire Mastery, Ice Mastery and Lightning Mastery skills that should boost damage. But the point of playing a hybrid class is to sacrifice raw damage potential for added versatility.

One other thing I'm curious about though. When you were casting with your weapon put away, was there a decrease in casting time? It's difficult to tell from watching videos. One of my favorite things about playing a hybrid FOmar was unequiping my double saber and using Fastcast.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Thanks!! That's me playing in that video

It was definitely very fun to play with that style! I'm just sad that tech damage is so weak without a rod. I really hope there will be some way to have better damage without a rod later in the game
    Yeah that's how I wanted to play my self, minus the part where I ignore signing up to the alpha...

Which thinking about it I SHOULD be trying to sign up to the beta by now...

Hoping subclasses do indeed expand on this teching/melee playstyle I definitely plan to play one of my characters this way. Or some chaos with cards, then finish everything off with the wired lance like a ninja n stuff.

Hmmm so there might be hybrid jobs like in PSU.
    Interesting.....liking this game more and more everday.
    Wonder what "heavy hit" melee weapon will be in the future
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Hmmm so there might be hybrid jobs like in PSU.
    Interesting.....liking this game more and more everday.
    Wonder what "heavy hit" melee weapon will be in the future
    There should be, I mean they brought it up before.

Not sure if it was found datamining or not.