Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    I didn't see a charge shot. It looked like a photon art/second function.
    At 2:25, the ranger fires a large shot that takes up a big portion of PP. You can see that the player doesn't push any buttons at the bottom, which lead me to believe that they were already holding down the attack button before the clip started. After the button was released the shot was fired, which is why the button didn't flash.

She did. If you look closely, before she fires the shot, the button on the far right of her action pallete is pressed. The reason she doesn't immediately fire is because she's reloading.

Also, like i pointed out before, throughout the video the Ranger is using a burst-fire weapon (3 bursts before a reload). But towards the end of the video, she shoots off a full-automatic clip for a good minute before she reloads. The icon was different too.

I dont know if it was another weapon or a different customization, but i'd guess and say it's a different weapon.

edit: AH-HA! Perhaps thats what that icon in the middle of her pallete is for? It looks like a "switch" diagram. Perhaps it's to go from burst-fire to full auto...?
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Apr 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Still sounds like too much for one gun unless it's like a PA...

Same for swords being so speedy...looks like saber attack speed...

I want my other two dozen weapons. ;o;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Good call, maybe burst fire does slightly more damage?

Anyway, good topic. It's nice to see everything summed up.

She did. If you look closely, before she fires the shot, the button on the far right of her action pallete is pressed. The reason she doesn't immediately fire is because she's reloading.

Also, like i pointed out before, throughout the video the Ranger is using a burst-fire weapon (3 bursts before a reload). But towards the end of the video, she shoots off a full-automatic clip for a good minute before she reloads. The icon was different too.

I dont know if it was another weapon or a different customization, but i'd guess and say it's a different weapon.

edit: AH-HA! Perhaps thats what that icon in the middle of her pallete is for? It looks like a "switch" diagram. Perhaps it's to go from burst-fire to full auto...?
    I just watched it again... And it still looks like that right button push was for the clip RIGHT before the one where she fires the shot. It just looks confusing because they blended the two clips together to sync up her reloading the gun... I guess I'll just remove the charge shot thing for now.

Still sounds like too much for one gun unless it's like a PA...

Same for swords being so speedy...looks like saber attack speed...

I want my other two dozen weapons. ;o;
    Yeah, it does. But the weapons do make alot more sense now.

As long as we still have alot of weapon types for each class, it really makes it more exciting. One weapon type having so many uses, i mean. Imagine the changes they could do involving rare weapons.

On the other hand, i dont want to play a game with 4 all-purpose weapons for each class. (Forces excluded -- In PSO, the magic was the real weapon.)
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Apr 29, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeah, it does. But the weapons do make alot more sense now.

As long as we still have alot of weapon types for each class, it really makes it more exciting. One weapon type having so many uses, i mean. Imagine the changes they could do involving rare weapons.

On the other hand, i dont want to play a game with 4 all-purpose weapons for each class. (Forces excluded -- In PSO, the magic was the real weapon.)
    Yeah I'm just hoping they don't start scratching out weapons types just so that a few weapons can be flashier...

Kind of the same thing that's having me paranoid about character customization. e____e

need moar info.......................
    /facedesk

;o/

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I added the different firing modes for the Rifle as speculation in the first post.

I noticed that at one point the female Newman fired what looked like a grenade off of her rifle during the dynamic weather part that did 15 damage instead of her normal 8...

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    I noticed that at one point the female Newman fired what looked like a grenade off of her rifle during the dynamic weather part that did 15 damage instead of her normal 8...

-Wayu
    Hmm, it's hard to tell. It looks to me that it might just be the animation for a critical hit, though.

EDIT: Oh wait.. After watching it over a few times, I definitely do see something was thrown across the ground that explodes in the monster's face... It really does look like a grenade. Can't tell where it came from though... It looks like it thrown from behind the Ranger.
    Last edited by •Col•; Apr 29, 2011 at 12:44 AM.