Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

The normal bullets hit instantly, if that was a critical it wouldn't have that slightly slower spiral...

So looks like the gun can do three things. ;o;

/is the only one worried that this might hint at having less weapon types.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I REALLY hope that doesn't mean there's less weapon types... but I doubt that is the case.

Probably just paranoia due to the letdown that was PSU, lol.

I'm not one of those "PSU screwed up bad please don't oh no god help us types."

I just don't want this to copy things from PSO that'd bring in less choices for players. @_@

Quoting a post I made at PSUPedia with things I noticed related with this video, I figured this thread would be a good place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN

Someone on POSW spotted this. This goes up with every attack (normal or "photon art")
    A friend of mine and I were watching the videos and presuming this may be a sort of "rage bar" of sorts, builds up as we attack, then each "level" stocked up can do something, we just have no idea what at this point.
    To note that this rage bar does not increase if the hunter does the "dash kick" stunner attack (it's seen twice in the video in the same cut) and using the PA after this "dash kick" initiated the first PA (uppercut) instead of the second (tornado slash) which seems to happen after doing a normal attack first. We can speculate that the "dash kick" can be used more like a linker attack for longer stringers and doesn't count as a normal attack for PA strings, not to mention it did half the damage of a normal attack (in the range of 30s instead of 60s like the other normal attacks done in the same cut sequence).

All the icons in this vid for the 3rd button on the middle panel, in the order they seem to usually if not always show up in..
    They change depending on what normal attacks are done before the "PA" button is pressed, just like different strings in action games.
    The first icon is the uppercut, it's usually always active, it's the "PA if no button is done before" PA.
    The second icon is the "tornado slash" we see being done a few times in the video, that button always shows up if the character did only one normal attack and then pressed the PA button.
    So on and so forth for the other icons, the same occurs in the air if the monster was launched upwards from the uppercut.
    Also to note that the PA button icon also changes when a PA is initiated from either part of the string, meaning that some PAs lead to other PAs in the combo string, probably with some limitation of up to 3 PAs in the combo string or until the PP bar runs out.

Not sure what 2 or 3 do, but 3 is activated toward the end of the video at the same time Sonic blocks an attack. 2 is active at the end. Also what seems to be the monomate button is lit up throughout most of the video (but not at the beginning)
    That same friend and I were speculating that 2 and 3 could be buttons to trigger a shifta and deband powerup, either "tech" or "item" versions (like shiftaride and debandaride).

Ranger buttons! No idea what 2-4 do, and none of them seem to be dodge roll as no buttons on any bar light up when she rolls.
    Speculation: 3 and 4 could be traps/grenades (fire and poison respectively), 2 is probably a defense debuff bullet skill (the icon has a shield, a bullet and a blue arrow pointing downwards).
    The button in the middle for the ranger attack palette doesn't seem to be a block button like it is for the hunter, it seems to say "HD" in the corner (just like the hunter HUD had SW for the attack pallete's icons, probably indicating "sword" functions), the "HD" could potentially mean "hold" which that same friend of mine and I speculated could be a sort of "hold in place" function to increase accuracy while not being able to move.
    Of course, that same button also seems to have an arrow circling a yellow block, so we can also speculate it could be "cover tactics"?

Sakai needs to release more details at this point, the video shows too much but says so little, which was surely the intent all along, to get the fans analysing this stuff. :P
    We can also pretty safely assume that the "PA button" is a "hard attack button" more than anything at this point, it just happens to use up PP when used.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Great post, thank you.

Perhaps, those sword and shield icons (on the 1-0 customization bar) can be activated when that "rage" bar is filled up.

Something tells me the shield icon and him blocking at the same time is just a coincidence. Dont know why though.

Icon 3 being activated when the hunter blocks is definitely a coincidence, but the middle "shield" button in the action palette being active when the hunter is blocking is most likely not a coincidence.

if you don't take damage from blocking...

I wonder if it would be like mabinogi where a really patient and skilled lvl 1 could take on super strong monsters...

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    if you don't take damage from blocking...

I wonder if it would be like mabinogi where a really patient and skilled lvl 1 could take on super strong monsters...
    You probably don't take damage from an attack only if you perfect block it(which is just blocking right when the attack hits) like it was in PSP2. Also, even if you DID have super human reflexes to perfect block every attack, if you were level 1, you wouldn't be able to damage high level monsters, lol.

I really hope they remove perfect blocking from the game, honestly.

Works for DMC. Not so much for RPGs. Kind of exploitable imo.