Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Default Should Casts use the FOrce?

Hello PSO-world, I'm not new here, I have lurked PSO-W for the last decade. Not until the recent footage of PSO2 have I took any interest in registering to the forum. Being said, I'm interested in sharing everyone's discussion, and anticipation for PSO2.

With [the recent PSO2 trailer speculation of] the addition of RAnewm and RAnewearl to PSO2; and the comparative additions of HUnewm and Humarl to PSØ; FOmar, RAmarl and HUcaseal to PSOI&II.

The current character roster includes:

HUMANS:
    • HUmar, Humarl
    • RAmar, RAmarl
    • FOmar, FOmarl

NEWMANS:

• HUnewmn, HUnewearl
    • RAnewmn, RAnewearl
    • FOnewmn, FOnewearl

CASTS:

• HUcast, HUcaseal
    • RAcast, RAcaseal

Now here is my question to you PSO adepts: should CASTS use the FOrce? Is it possible for CASTS to use TP/PP? How is it possible, and is it logical?
    Last edited by Deimos; May 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Casts shouldn't have used Techniques to begin with. Now, if they had a separate feature, I'd be okay with that, beyond traps.

I vote for another Protranser type class for casts only. PROcast and PROcaseal being the only classes that use traps. Meh, maybe not the best idea.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Well, the only reason they could use techniques in PSU was because that any being with spiritual energy (which manifests itself as emotions and such) could manipulate photons with the proper training. Casts do manifest spiritual energy, albeit not has much as the other races, hence how they could use the techs at a poor level. Thus it made perfect sense in PSU's story. Depending on how they explain it in PSO2, it could or could not make sense.

From a game mechanic standpoint, if you can freely switch from any class, it'd be somewhat unfair to make that one race unable to use all classes...Unless they had some very useful ability no one else could attain in any way to compensate for it, beyond traps or an unique blast ability.

Just my two cents on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    I vote for another Protranser type class for casts only. PROcast and PROcaseal being the only classes that use traps. Meh, maybe not the best idea.
    If they were going to add a 4th class, I'd definitely want it to be Vanguard.

Vanguard practically was Protranser mixed with Acromaster.

And we can look at this from the two different options this game can take in terms of classes.

1) Classes are fixed, and therefore, by PSO logic, Casts wouldn't be able to use techs. However, they could still be FOcasts, but instead of traditional techs, they use other abilities, such as Programs that someone else mentioned.

2) Classes are changeable, and therefore, Casts can select Force and use techs, unless they just simply can't and are compensated with something else, as mentioned above.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I'd agree that if they allow us to switch classes, then it's only fair that CASTs be allowed to play Force, otherwise I'd say no.

The only way I could see them adding a FOcast/caseal to PSO2, is maybe as a support class, unless they had an explination of how they could utilize offensive techs well.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    I had a similar idea. something that was forced into mid and close range combat but couldn't serve as a meat shield. they could be more trap oriented, but their traps wouldn't all be like the traps from PSU or PSP. Maybe they could have turrets that drew aggro, or be the only class that can use an advanced RCSM that was more mobile than the stuff we got in AoI.

I really think the game should go back to casts being non-techers

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I hope theres another protranser type, seeing as how that what I plan to make my cast.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I agree. I loved the FOcast joke back when it originated in PSO. When I finally saw them in action in PSU it wasn't funny anymore. Ok, maybe it was.