Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I honestly don't understand the big deal with Casts and techs.

If Sega finally allowed Newmans to use guns bigger than their hands, then wouldn't it be fair for Casts to use techs?
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I'm not expecting to make any real kind of point here, but aren't Casts in a way a living organism? Considering how they age in PSU, and the fact that they also have a free will and do whatever they please, shouldn't those reasons warrant them as possible man made living organisms?
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I'm not expecting to make any real kind of point here, but aren't Casts in a way a living organism? Considering how they age in PSU, and the fact that they also have a free will and do whatever they please, shouldn't those reasons warrant them as possible man made living organisms?
    I'm not sure if they were in PSO, but they definitely were at least partially organic in PSU....

Kireek sure acted like a crazy living being, though, lol.

UBWAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    I'm not sure if they were in PSO, but they definitely were at least partially organic in PSU....

Kireek sure acted like a crazy living being, though, lol.

UBWAAAH
    I blame his scythe and this flash for his internal errors.

The only cast I can really think of in PSO was Elenor with her ability to communicate with Mags. I guess that's pretty much it. Probably explains why casts weren't used for anything else that wasn't combat based either. But then again that yellow cast in that download mission was asking for help and felt pain from the intense flames engulfing him. I could be wrong on him feeling the pain, but I would love to walk around engulfed in massive flames instead of some puny purple electric shocks.
    Last edited by blace; May 1, 2011 at 01:46 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

A bit off topic but come to think of it I would love to see Kireek again so I can beat him up and take his stuff again

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    this flash
    Wow... That was hillarious and mentally scarring at the same time... Just another typical moment for Dragoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    Wow... That was hillarious and mentally scarring at the same time... Just another typical moment for Dragoon.
    Really? That was a typical day during my time with PSO, minus the flashy colors, music, and the random flying car heh.

Storywise, it could go either way. It depends upon what faculty is required to cast techniques and whether androids have that faculty. In PSU, techniques required spiritual energy, and CASTs had "souls," which was why they could use techniques. I do not know if the PSOverse has specified what powers techniques--we do know that PSOverse androids are perfectly capable of feelings and free will, but we also don't know for sure if it implies an ethereal soul (then again, I suppose it's not known for sure whether biological lifeforms have them in the PSOverse, either).

That said, if this is set in the same universe as PSO--it's not on Ragol, but those few cryptic lines made ORACLE sound a lot like the Pioneer Project--we can probably predict that androids won't be able to use techs. My best guess is that in the PSOverse, techniques require biological energy of some kind--possibly something that a fleshy nervous system can generate but a mechanical one can't, though if android technology has advanced since PSO, who knows.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Who knows?
    Just thought I'd simplify it for you =)

Both in PSO and PSU CAST could use Techincs, using weapons... the hability to cast a Techknic without the use of a weapon was only possible in PSU with the use of a Photon Seal, which seems to be forbidden in Gurhal.