Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Both in PSO and PSU CAST could use Techincs, using weapons... the hability to cast a Techknic without the use of a weapon was only possible in PSU with the use of a Photon Seal, which seems to be forbidden in Gurhal.
    where did you read that casts could use techs in PSO? I know there were weapons that could cast techs, but those were weapon properties made clear by the fact that they didn't cast techs based on the levels the user possessed but by what was bound to the weapon and it could be argued that it was just a result of recycled graphics and that the weapons weren't using techs at all.

In early PS games, casts(androids) can't use techs.

Well... part of me wants all of the races in PSO2 to be able to use techs, but the other part of me knows that if that happened, Casts would most likely be the worst at it, and would probably just be better off not being able to use them at all in exchange for other things (use of traps, immunity to poison/paralysis, HP regen when idle, etc.).

Also, I thought it was rather messed up that, in PSU, Casts were among the best Acrotechers simply because buffs and debuffs didn't rely on any magic stats for them to be effective, and then they could just zerg through everything with their beefed up ATP and SUV weapons, because apparently tech damage paled in comparison even if you WERE statistically good with them...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Well... part of me wants all of the races in PSO2 to be able to use techs, but the other part of me knows that if that happened, Casts would most likely be the worst at it, and would probably just be better off not being able to use them at all in exchange for other things (use of traps, immunity to poison/paralysis, HP regen when idle, etc.).

Also, I thought it was rather messed up that, in PSU, Casts were among the best Acrotechers simply because buffs and debuffs didn't rely on any magic stats for them to be effective, and then they could just zerg through everything with their beefed up ATP and SUV weapons, because apparently tech damage paled in comparison even if you WERE statistically good with them...
    We'd likely see a cast that played like a human hunter with a horrible weapon selection and really good buffs.

Casts have always used Forces, I do not see what you are babbling about.

'Come here, FOnl, heal me!'
    'Buff me, FOmar!'
    'The monsters have Shifta, Jellen then (Iron), Jellen them!'

Casts, using Forces since 2000

Use the force, not ABUSE the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Casts have always used Forces, I do not see what you are babbling about.

'Come here, FOnl, heal me!'
    'Buff me, FOmar!'
    'The monsters have Shifta, Jellen then (Iron), Jellen them!'

Casts, using Forces since 2000
    To be fair to CASTs, us forces use them just as equally.

CAST: Hey force, buff me! *force buffs
    Force:Great you're buffed, now go stand in in front of me and take hits!
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    To be fair to CASTs, us forces use them just as equally.

CAST: Hey force, buff me! *force buffs
    Force:Great you're buffed, now go stand in in front of me and take hits!
    That's how it always worked for me on the gamecube. I'd ryuker, buff, debuff, tag, then freeze or stun while the casts (or hunters in general) would clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownami92 View Post
    That's how it always worked for me on the gamecube. I'd ryuker, buff, debuff, tag, then freeze or stun while the casts (or hunters in general) would clean up.
    Haha same here. Though, typically I was the first one into the room, I'd run in, debuff, then find the biggest shield I could and take shots from behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    Haha same here. Though, typically I was the first one into the room, I'd run in, debuff, then find the biggest shield I could and take shots from behind them
    Oh yeah then of course trying not to die and being the guy you resurrect your teammates whenever there is the small chance of them dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadownami92 View Post
    Oh yeah then of course trying not to die and being the guy you resurrect your teammates whenever there is the small chance of them dieing.
    I was pretty good about keeping my teammates alive. Though I do miss the days when if the Force died, there was a mad scramble to resurrect them, as they're the ones keeping everyone else in the party alive lol.

So in hindsight, yeah. I'd love to see an actual FOcast role in this game. (Provided they have a similar class system to PSO). I imagine they'd play a lot like I played FOmar, mostly support with some range and a lot of melee thrown in. Would be pretty cool, plus it never hurts to have another healer. Am I right? ^.-