Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What will they turn slicers into now?

Well, in PSO they were multi-hitting melee thrown weapons. In PSZ they were Force-based instead. Which do you think they'll bring back, or do you think they'll be turned into Ranger weapons this time around?
    EDIT: I mean, there is no guarantee that they'll bring them back, but....

And in PSU/P2 they were melee laser cannons.

I assume the original PSO version is impossible, just because it hit too much in too wide a range (the same reason the RA-techs from PSO will never appear that way again). But I do feel it is a safe assumption they will be back. If anything, I would say PSZ's version would be the best fit just because there is a severe lack of tech weapon choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    And in PSU/P2 they were melee laser cannons.

I assume the original PSO version is impossible, just because it hit too much in too wide a range (the same reason the RA-techs from PSO will never appear that way again). But I do feel it is a safe assumption they will be back. If anything, I would say PSZ's version would be the best fit just because there is a severe lack of tech weapon choices.
    Nah, they should stay Attack based so Hunters have SOME ranged weapon to use. Forces don't need an abundance of weapons, they already have around 20 unique attacks connected to the character itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Nah, they should stay Attack based so Hunters have SOME ranged weapon to use. Forces don't need an abundance of weapons, they already have around 20 unique attacks connected to the character itself.
    Why should Hunter have any ranged option besides using a gun? I really could not find a reason to support the argument that "Hunter should have all that HP and DFP and ATP and be as safe at a distance as Ranger."

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Why should Hunter have any ranged option besides using a gun? I really could not find a reason to support the argument that "Hunter should have all that HP and DFP and ATP and be as safe at a distance as Ranger."
    Because slicers are essentially melee throwing blades.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Because slicers are essentially melee throwing blades.
    And made a little weaker than their other weapons because of such, for balance I guess.

I hope the staff figures out how useless slicers actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    I hope the staff figures out how useless slicers actually are.
    I don't know...a slicer with high hit% in PSO was pretty useful. Still have a Rainbow Baton+24 i tekked for 35% on my offline HUcast in Ep1&2, and that owns pretty hard anywhere on Ult. It was one of my primary weapons, if only because it was one of the only 11 star weapons I ever owned..

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    I don't know...a slicer with high hit% in PSO was pretty useful. Still have a Rainbow Baton+24 i tekked for 35% on my offline HUcast in Ep1&2, and that owns pretty hard anywhere on Ult. It was one of my primary weapons, if only because it was one of the only 11 star weapons I ever owned..
    As I recall, slicers in ultimate mode dealt more 'miss' than hits. But maybe it was because I never had a decent ATA (never focused on a ranger).

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    As I recall, slicers in ultimate mode dealt more 'miss' than hits. But maybe it was because I never had a decent ATA (never focused on a ranger).
    Yeah I pretty much had all Elf arms for units and I had transferred the exact number of materials and mag (I think it was Kama?) to max him out from when I first created him. I used that slicer and mechguns, mostly...I was kind of a gypsy hunter. You're right though, it probably would've better served a RAmar or something.