Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Used copy at gamestop

This could be a dumb question but my local gamestop doesn't have a new copy though it does have a used copy. I noticed that it does still have the code in the box to get online, ut if it has been activated already will it be possible for me to use the same code again?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

The code won't be usable, most likely. BUT! Sony didn't implement the function to block online access to anyone without a Little Wing License, so it was useless from the beginning anyways. So, when PSN goes back up, you'll be able to play online with a used copy...Until Sony implements the patch for the Little Wing License to work. Which will, of course, happen when a green moon rises upon the night sky, surrounded by flying pigs and toothy chicken.

well id say its a gamble i looked at mine here is what the insert reads
    "once the voucher code has been entered correctly click continue
    when you play the game you will now be able to enter online multiplayer mode
    PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN ONLY REDEEM EACH CODE ONCE"
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    try gamestops website or amazon for a new copy

No, you cant use the code again if its already been activated. Best bet here is to buy a brand new sealed copy with a nice, spanking new code to play online and not worry about if the code has already been used. Good luck!

Or the ideal solution (if you have a large enough memory stick) is to download it directly from the PSN (once it gets back up)

I wouldn't buy the used if you want to play online. Amazon sells new copies for $28, with free shipping.

-

Imagine if PSN was down forever, because Sony sucks. :3

That's the beauty of the Portable Phantasy Star games. They don't rely on a server at all.

Internet Multimode still works without PSN?

Not Internet Multimode. But Adhoc. Though I don't know if there's anybody using Xlink Kai or something similar for the Adhoc on PSP2. If you're stuck with only PSN as a way to do any multiplayer (no local friends or Xlink Kai), you can still access the Multiplayer-only missions by being a host.

But yeah. The regular Internet Multimode is not possible without PSN, but unlike other active Phantasy Star online-playable games, you aren't hosed from content if you have no network connection at all.