Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Letter from Sakai

Has this been posted here yet? I was looking at pso2.jp and there's a letter from Sakai on the front page.

Half ass translation by Kion
    We have finally been able to show all o you the first screens to the true sequel of PSO; PSO2.

With PSO2 we would like to present a new experience in online gaming, and keep surprises coming. We have decided on a very adventure style RPG game. We are doing our best to please our fans and trying to get new players interested in playing.

In order to keep this gaming for a long time and for the greatest number of users, we have decided on the PC which offers a very free format platform. Also we're trying to make it so that this game does NOT require a brand new PC so that people who are new to the platform can play and enjoy it as well.

The video we showed is just a small preview of what's to come. We expect to make another announcement before commencing the alpha test. Please wait and use your imaginations until then.

The alpha test will offer what was shown in the preview and a little more. In order to make a great game for everyone we encourage participation, please apply to the online alpha test.

As for the people who will not be participating in the alpha, we hoped to have given you a taste of what this game will be like. From what will commence the next ten years of Phantasy Star; PSO2, please wait for more information.
    Last edited by Kion; May 4, 2011 at 01:41 AM.

Should say does not require a brand new PC.
    Last edited by Niloklives; May 4, 2011 at 04:17 AM.

So I guess this confirms once and for all no console.

It's almost exactly the same thing he said around 4/24. He said "PC onry" then, too.

Thanks for the typo fix, NIlok.

Quote Originally Posted by FEI LEE View Post
    So I guess this confirms once and for all no console.
    So hopefully people will leave that dead horse alone.
    Last edited by Kion; May 4, 2011 at 01:44 AM.

You know all these years that was a typo? It's supposed to be Niloklives (lowercase "i") I never knew the right way request a name change so I just let it be.

Guess that should go up as confirmed in the info thread then in the hope that it lowers those amount of topics

Interesting, more info before the Alpha release? Another video with different Weaponry / Techs would be nice.

Though, there you go. Don't expect a console release.
    Last edited by Vashyron; May 4, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEI LEE View Post
    Guess that should go up as confirmed in the info thread then in the hope that it lowers those amount of topics
    I thought about adding a FAQ section or something... But I have a feeling it won't help much in regards to the recurring topics.

At least it would be documented in there. We can point to it if nothing else.