Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

My brother has a HP laptop he got for $800 on sale. And... it's a real beast. Crysis 2, he SAYS he has it maxed out even. (I'm slightly doubtful, but it certainly runs the game on some settings without issues, and this is a game where the developers were asses and didn't include anything lower than "high" for settings) I don't remember the exact specs, but its an i5 processor and some ATI card, 4 GB RAM.
    Coming Soon!

I dunno about 6 years. 4 sure...5 maybe.

and i doubt it will support 3d surround. I'd love it just for the sake of a laugh, but I don't think they'll bother setting that up seeing as they seemingly are trying to keep this pretty low tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    My brother has a HP laptop he got for $800 on sale. And... it's a real beast. Crysis 2, he SAYS he has it maxed out even. (I'm slightly doubtful, but it certainly runs the game on some settings without issues, and this is a game where the developers were asses and didn't include anything lower than "high" for settings) I don't remember the exact specs, but its an i5 processor and some ATI card, 4 GB RAM.
    Crysis 2 isn't the resource whore its predecessor was.

really anything that is less than 3 years old for gaming will absolutely play this game if the alpha is any indication.
    Last edited by Niloklives; May 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

A.K.A. Arcon Wan

No one has mentioned something really important on this topic. The machine you'll need, and in particular the graphics card or chipset, is largely dependent on what resolution you want or need and how fancy you want the special effects to look. If you're good with 1024x768 or the widescreen equivalent, you aren't going to need a lot of power. If you're willing to turn almost all the special effects down to low quality, you'll need even less power. The more you want, the more CPU, RAM, Graphics card capability, and power supply you'll need (mostly the last two).

I played PSU on my laptop with pretty low settings and all was good (except some of the boss attacks caused low framerates). Mine has a fairly cheap graphics chipset, which sadly I doubt will muscle PSO2, but if you get one with the right parts then you should be able to run PSO2 on low settings for about $600. No guarantees it will be able to run well with games released the next year though.

Something else I've found with personal experience is that, if you have 4+ cores in a system, and if your Graphics card starts dragging on the processor, then it won't hurt as badly as with less cores. Then again, that depends largely on how many background processes you have going.

My last point is: If you don't need the upgrade yet, laptop or desktop, wait it out. You can always get something better later for the same price as the tech advances, or at least wait for a good sale if you can. HP, for example, tends to release new tech in July, after everyone buys their old tech as graduation presents. If those people waited, they could have gotten better stuff. As for the big sales, most of them are in late November to late December.
    PM me if you want to share PSZ friend codes.
    Vet of PSIV Wii, PSO GC, PSU PC. Playing PSZ DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Bon View Post
    No one has mentioned something really important on this topic. The machine you'll need, and in particular the graphics card or chipset, is largely dependent on what resolution you want or need and how fancy you want the special effects to look. If you're good with 1024x768 or the widescreen equivalent, you aren't going to need a lot of power. If you're willing to turn almost all the special effects down to low quality, you'll need even less power. The more you want, the more CPU, RAM, Graphics card capability, and power supply you'll need (mostly the last two).

I played PSU on my laptop with pretty low settings and all was good (except some of the boss attacks caused low framerates). Mine has a fairly cheap graphics chipset, which sadly I doubt will muscle PSO2, but if you get one with the right parts then you should be able to run PSO2 on low settings for about $600. No guarantees it will be able to run well with games released the next year though.

Something else I've found with personal experience is that, if you have 4+ cores in a system, and if your Graphics card starts dragging on the processor, then it won't hurt as badly as with less cores. Then again, that depends largely on how many background processes you have going.

My last point is: If you don't need the upgrade yet, laptop or desktop, wait it out. You can always get something better later for the same price as the tech advances, or at least wait for a good sale if you can. HP, for example, tends to release new tech in July, after everyone buys their old tech as graduation presents. If those people waited, they could have gotten better stuff. As for the big sales, most of them are in late November to late December.
    I've mentioned it in other threads. The game's minimum reqs have not been posted yet. we can only go off the alpha so we're not really advising anyone on anything except cards that we know are well above what's required to the point resolution won't matter. once we get some real numbers, we can be more specific. And I also have advised them to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    I've mentioned it in other threads. The game's minimum reqs have not been posted yet. we can only go off the alpha so we're not really advising anyone on anything except cards that we know are well above what's required to the point resolution won't matter. once we get some real numbers, we can be more specific. And I also have advised them to wait.
    Hey Nilo what graphic's card should I get for this desktop?? http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_XT/
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    In one of my posts in this thread I gave this link to Kaziel's thread showing the Alpha specs

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185897
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blue View Post
    Hey Nilo what graphic's card should I get for this desktop?? http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_XT/
    That's very vague, it would depend on your budget. But always get the best GPU you can get for the purpose of not having to upgrade again quickly(unless you plan to ONLY play PSO2). But just make sure you're not bottle-necked.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blue View Post
    I haven't really checked the specifications of that system, but, generally speaking, when it comes to graphics cards:

If it's only for PSO2, Radeon HD6570/HD5670/HD6670 or Geforce GT440 should be enough.
    If you want a more capable card, Radeon HD6750/HD6770 or Geforce GTS450/GTX550 Ti.
    If you want something capable of most games at high settings, then Radeon HD6850/HD6870 or Geforce GTX460.
    If you want a high end card, then Radeon HD6950 or better, or Geforce GTX560 Ti or better.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added a bit more stuff
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Waiting is damn hard. The alpha is probably going to start in June. Llano is probably going to come out in June/July. Intel's Ivy Bridge is going to come out early next year. And PSO2 is probably going to have a November, December release. We still have a ways to go for a lot of things.

Case: In-Win Dragon Rider Full Tower Case w/ 1x120mm Front Fan, 1x220mm LED Side Fan, Front USB 3.0 x 2 & Water-Cooling Hole Ready (Black Color)
    Internal USB Extension Module: None
    Neon Light Upgrade: None
    Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
    Noise Reduction Technology: None
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
    Freebies: FREE! PCI Wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card
    Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
    Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fan [+15])
    Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58A-GD45 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, IEEE1394a, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    Motherboard Expansion Card: None
    Memory: 12GB (4GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+114] (Kingston HyperX [+12])
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+571] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    Video Card 2: None
    Video Card 3: None
    Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
    Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
    Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
    Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    Data Hard Drive: None
    Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
    External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
    USB Flash Drive: None
    Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    Optical Drive 2: None
    Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    3D Vision Glasses: None
    LCD Monitor: None
    2nd Monitor: None
    3rd Monitor: None
    Speakers: None
    Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    Network Switch: None
    Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
    Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
    Mouse Pad: None
    Gaming Gear: None
    Extra Thermal Display: None
    Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None
    External Wireless Network Card: None
    Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
    Bluetooth: None
    Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
    Video Camera: None
    Headset: None
    Printer: None
    Cable: None
    Power Protection: None
    Surge Protector: None
    IEEE1394 Card: None
    USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
    Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
    Office Suite: None
    Games: None
    Ultra Care Option: None
    Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS It's 1,800 +99 for shipping.I don't wanna go any higher though,but don't worry about the price,I just need to know if this is ok for the gaming,but any suggestions??
    Last one called,but the first one finished.