Page 28 of 197 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast

Well it's cheap if they want a laptop. Even the Geek of a friend that works there said IF YA WANT A GAMING LAPTOP GET THIS UNIT. An told me a heck of alot of stuff. But if they want to build a PC use the $577 build Nuke gave me =D

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

seriously, you dont know what your saying. cheap doesn't mean good. not only that but the 577 rig that nuje linked you to didn't account for the lack of an OS. so all told it's actually 676, not 577. I also woudn't trust the case of the PSU he linked to, but regardless he didn;t include a OS in the price. so the 577 is a misrepresentation.

$677 there =D.Now as for the PSU I asked my friend joe. he told me "Don't worry about the PSU because it doesn't seem it will overclock and yada yada". Lol I may have a job but I rather just have a laptop JUST for this game. So if it even runs on med settings. I don't give a dang :P

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

yeah my friend thought PSUs were all th esame and ended up blowing up his computer this last week. There IS a difference and your friend may not know or may not care, but I have a responsibility to inform people of what they're buying. if you wanna buy cheap parts that will under perform and end up costing you more money in th elong run, then be my guest but since you're quoting an imaginary friend with no technical info and making mention of a laptop that you haven't provided a link to, I suggest you leave this alone til you have more info.

Alright no need to be hostile my friend. Just voicing my opinion here.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

After looking around at a lot of laptops, I agree with Nilok on this one. Only the specs for the alpha have been released and we don' have any data on how the alpha runs yet at all. Laptops can't be upgraded, so you'd have to shell out for more to be on the safe end of being able to run the game. So trying to be cheap could end up costing you more money.

Hi everyone.

I've bought a recent notebook, it's an Asus. It's not as good as the one listed in the first post, but people recommanded it to me if I wanted to play recent games. Being a complete PC ignorant, could you tell me if my laptop will be able to run PSO 2 quite smoothly ?

Here are th specs (Asus x53s - I believe it's quite new -) :

*Intel Core i7-2630QM, 2GHz (same CPU as the one recommanded, I think)
    *4GB
    *Geforce nvidia GT 540M, 1GB

What do you reckon ?

Cheers

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I reckon you'll should be more than safe for PSO2. Its specs aren't very demanding.

I haven't been paying much attention to the computer world since I built mine, but from what I can see, you should be able to whoop PSO2's ass.

That's great news, then. I wanted to buy the one listed in the this topic, but couldn't find it here. Then I saw this Asus notebook, it was a bit cheaper but still had good specs, so I bought it. I've tried running the Sims 3 on it and it worked like a charm, so I assumed it could be able to run lots of recent games.

All I need now is PSO2.

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Ok, trying to see if my MacBook Pro is good enough; according to what's been posted, I think that it's slightly short, but here goes.

Thoughts appreciated - I'm a 'turn on and go' guy, so much like an earlier poster, most of this thread is in a whole other language for me.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0407
    Revision ID: 0x00a1
    ROM Revision: 3175
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB888 <-That's supposed to be 4 "8's" in a row.
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    PSO2 -
    Ranger
    Cast
    Hero