Page 17 of 197 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast

Antec is good. but I put them in the same category as coolermaster. antec usually gets other companies to build their PSUs as well like corsair does with seasonic. In fact some antecs ARE Seasonics. But some aren't. I think my biggest issue with Antec right now is I'm pissed with them about some of their designs for cases. They're incredibly sturdy and have great airflow, but they have very limited internal space and are poorly thought out.

Additionally their features at the price points offered are laughable. like their 900 series cases which people swear by are a joke imo. The switches to alter the speed of the fans are inside of the case, meaning you have to remove the side panel and reach inside of the computer to adjust fan speed and they actually claim this is a feature. There's other stuff too, like how the huge 1200 full tower size case is actually only a very large mid tower or how the removeable and washable air filters require you pull out the HDD chasis which means removing 16-24 thumbscrews after taking the case apart, but I'm not going to rant.

Point is I'm not a big fan of the company right now. Some of their PSUs are solid, but the only ones I've read anything really good about recently are their earthwatts models. In addition I've seen a lot of antecs that use multiple rails, which I avoid. Overall I have nothing bad to say about the PSUs, I just don't have anything particularly good to say either. Meanwhile seasonic/corsairs are known to be able to take more than they're specified for. Not saying I would suggest it, but they're quite robust and quiet.

Fair enough, I've never used any of their cases, just PSUs (which, come to think of it, have all probably been earthwatts models).

Just bumping this back up to the top to keep it from falling off page 1. if people have suggestions for new info, let me know.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

Thinking about the whole "Is my PC good enough to run the game" stuff, I started wondering -- How well does Sega optimize their games for PC? Excluding PSO/BB/PSU, which weren't optimized very well (FRAMESKIP JESUS), how well does Sega make PC games? I'm all for tweaking games for better performance, so long as we actually have the tools to do so!

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    Just bumping this back up to the top to keep it from falling off page 1. if people have suggestions for new info, let me know.
    Not too much happening right now. Sega updated the beta page on pso2.jp with a new letter from Saki. But it just says, "we're looking for feedback on the alpha". Computex starts on Monday, that will give us an idea of what computer hardware will be coming out later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Not too much happening right now. Sega updated the beta page on pso2.jp with a new letter from Saki. But it just says, "we're looking for feedback on the alpha". Computex starts on Monday, that will give us an idea of what computer hardware will be coming out later this year.
    I was more specifically talking about information that I may have carelessly left out. but thanks for the reply, Kion.

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    I was more specifically talking about information that I may have carelessly left out. but thanks for the reply, Kion.
    Free bump. Can this thread get stickied yet?

bumpety bump... I second that request, this topic should be stickied
    Behold !! The Azure Dream !!!

A new rumour about AMD new high-end processors (AMD Bulldozer) and the next series of Intel processors (Intel Ivy Bridge).
    Apparently AMD Bulldozer (FX-series) was delayed until August 2011 (it was planned for June/July) and Intel Ivy Bridge was delayed until March 2012 (it was planned for January).
    http://semiaccurate.com/2011/05/30/b...delayed-a-bit/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

So my new laptop, Dell Inspiron i5r (that replaced my Gateway Nv52 since they sucked and stopped making them) is packing an i3 processor and Intel Integrated HD graphics. (UGH.)

Hoping it'll at least run on minimum. I doubt i'd need more processing power, even if i3 is the lowest of the series, but im just not sure about my graphics card. I can run Sonic Heroes and PSOBB on highest setting (highest puts out tiny bits of lag on 1024 resolution), but i haven't tried anything newer than that.

Sonic Heroes runs just fine with minimal lag at 30FPS, and it was a gamecube game. Hopefully, this game will be optimized correctly. Then again, this is a replacement laptop because my other one kept screwing over. Basically a free upgrade.