Page 189 of 197 FirstFirst ... 89139179186187188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1968

I may have to hang around here for awhile..

So i found this laptop on bestbuy...
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...&skuId=6987625
    It says it's up to 2gb of video memory or something, but people say it's a weak card. (I'm trying to stay away from newegg because I'm not sure if my parents will trust it.)
    How will this run pso2? >.<

How can you not trust Newegg?
    Best site for computer materials. And I'm not an expert on computers but... stay away from refurbished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameh View Post
    I may have to hang around here for awhile..

So i found this laptop on bestbuy...
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...&skuId=6987625
    It says it's up to 2gb of video memory or something, but people say it's a weak card. (I'm trying to stay away from newegg because I'm not sure if my parents will trust it.)
    How will this run pso2? >.<
    Don't think thats a standalone card, usually the G class of the AMD laptops are usually intergraded so i rather not get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman2417 View Post
    How can you not trust Newegg?
    Best site for computer materials. And I'm not an expert on computers but... stay away from refurbished.
    its not me that not trusts newegg. its my parents. they nvr heard of it

Not knowing Newegg? Im not from US but i still know them, its probably as popular such as Wallmart in the US in term someone is in need of hardware.

Again, with the release of the Trinity APUs, PSO can be played pretty well on a 400+$ PC... its the price of a Wii U. Stronger PC may give better graphic but its only very marginally.

A enhanced up to 600 $ "budget PC" which is made using some quality parts but still cheap:
    Could make a good X-Mas present and be ready to play PSO2.

NOTE: This build is made using the mentality: Going small, cheap and stylish doesnt mean to sacrifice performance for.

Case: Bit Fenix (got several different colors): 80$
    MB: Asrock FM2A75M-ITX: 90 $
    CPU: A10 5800K (Trinity APU, its even able to play Skyrim on low setting): 120 $
    PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500: 60 $
    RAM: G.Skill Rippjaws 8 GB: 40 $ NOTE: They got Iron Egg Warranty, eligible for full refund in term it doesnt fit (depends on cooler). Alternate option could be the G.Skill Snipper.
    SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB : 90 $

= 480 $

Additionally:
    Optical Drive: Such a drive will only cost about 30 $, used one probably even cheaper.
    OS: Depends on OS, cheapest Windows OS probably about 100$.

Another probably ~120 $ so we end at up to 600 $.

Optional
    : A true "Gamer GPU", will increace cost, but may simply save up some bucks and prehaps can be gotten another time (there is no hurry, PSO2 will run fine using the APU).
    Optional: A backup HDD. Recommended HDD is the Western Digital Scorpio Black.

Ability to upgrade/general performance (compared with other budget PCs): Very high with nice look. All the parts can be gotten from Newegg/on stock/actual prices.
    Advantage vs. Laptop is the very high potential for upgrade and it got much better overall performance at the exactly same price, at the same time maintaining a reasonable size (i dont enjoy a huge tower PC, and i guess its same for a lot of people).l

Then i guess thats it... so roughly 600 $ for a pretty solid budget PC. Could be even cheaper but that other stuff seems crap in my mind (so, going cheaper than that makes not much sense, its simply junk). Good thing of that build its its ability to upgrade (putting in a better GPU is no problem). There is no need to upgrade for the other stuff, it will last very long. The bit fenix case can handle a very huge cooler in theory, so OCing the CPU would be absolutly no problem for even more performance.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Dec 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Skilled Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Not knowing Newegg? Im not from US but i still know them, its probably as popular such as Wallmart in the US in term someone is in need of hardware.

Again, with the release of the Trinity APUs, PSO can be played pretty well on a 400+$ PC... its the price of a Wii U. Stronger PC may give better graphic but its only very marginally.

A enhanced up to 600 $ "budget PC" which is made using some quality parts but still cheap:
    Could make a good X-Mas present and be ready to play PSO2.

Case: Bit Fenix (got several different colors): 80$
    MB: Asrock FM2A75M-ITX: 90 $
    CPU: A10 5800K (Trinity APU, its even able to play Skyrim on low setting): 120 $
    PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500: 60 $
    RAM: G.Skill Rippjaws 8 GB: 40 $
    SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB : 90 $
    IMHO, scrap the SSD and get a real GPU, or something else. If you're looking at a $600 or less setup, you shouldn't even be considering a SSD IMO. Caring about your boot times and loading screens should come after you have stable, decent/high performance.

ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X $140

And screw Mini ATX. Get a MOBO that has real upgradability.

Which also means you need a new case that's compatible

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 $60

I would also recommend getting G.Skill Sniper instead of Ripjaw. Ripjaws are too tall for most after market CPU heatsink fans (i.e. Cooler Master Hyper 212, any version).

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 MhZ $38

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866 MhZ $50

RAM speed is kind of irrelivent at this point, so probably just go with the 1600. Just letting you know that 1866 for 12 bucks more exists.

Since the MOBO I'm recommending is a little more expensive, the build is $30 more than Xenobia's, but you have the option of scrapping the SSD to save $60.

Your choice. Just giving you options to think about.

EDIT: Tell your parents not trusting newegg is like not trusting Amazon.com. Newegg is the Amazon of computer parts. Really good computer parts. And quite frankly, Newegg is infinitely better than BestBuy. The only thing BestBuy is good at is advertising.

EDIT2: Do you have any hard drive whatsoever? Kind of just realized the SSD might've been your only storage.

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM $70.

Add it all up and my version is $10 more.
    Last edited by Vylera; Dec 13, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

Statement regarding the stuff you told:

SSD/HDD: Excuse me, that SSD is very cheap and you wont get a HDD any cheaper than that. Cheapest offers may start from 60 $ but they are crap, believe me. That SSD is must have in my mind, there is no excuse. Its much much much much faster than any HDD, its performance is significantly faster and its priced the same. The only drawback is the lesser capacity but people may not necessarely need it for gaming. Scrapping a SSD is in my mind a no go.

EDIT2: Do you have any hard drive whatsoever? Kind of just realized the SSD might've been your only storage.
    They can upgrade the machine with a HDD anytime they feel like, my primary focus was only to give a hint how to build a decent machine able to run PSO2 and that machine doesnt need more than a single SSD in order to run both the OS and PSO2 and even more than that. A HDD is a bonus for even more storage and as a backup but its not a requirement. I run all my active games directly from a dedicated SSD, my HDD is only here in order to backup all the stuff because performance isnt suitable.

RAM: 1866 MHz RAM is nonsense, between 1600 MHz and 1866 MHz there is probably only 1-2% difference, the performance wont be noticed in gaming environment at all. The hint to take Sniper instead may be a good hint, but they are not much taller, just check out the picture more closely. I will add that option. The reason i added the Ripjaw is the "improved retourn policy***". In term it doesnt work they can retourn that part any time.

*** eligible for a refund or return through January 31, 2013. (Invoice date must be between November 1, 2012 and December 24, 2012) Please see the individual product's return policy for details. When submitting your return online, select the "Iron Egg℠ Guarantee" option as the "RMA Reason".

Case:
    They build is the minimum affordable requirement for people that like it small, stylish, affordable and still powerful.

RAM UPGRADE:
    The ability to upgrade is absolutly sucessfull, there wont be any RAM upgrade needed the next 5+ years, on top of that RAM is cheap, its not a big matter.

HDD/SSD:
    The ability to upgrade is huge.

Your recommended Barracuda HDD: I can not recommend that HDD. Because 3.5" HDDs of that capacity will perform inferior. The best HDD people can get in a size range of more or less 1 TB is actually a 750 TB HDD at 2.5", it performs much better than the small Baracuda with lesser size and lesser heat. The difference in price is absolutly worth it because its a clear increase in performance without sacrificing size. Im currently using it as a backup gamer drive. It performs faster than any other single HDD i have ever meet with the exception of the 4 TB Hitachi HDD and Raptor stuff, but that one is another price class and not a fair challenge.

GPU: The ability to upgrade is good, a upper midrange GPU such as 7870/7950 or 560/560ti is no problem.

Cooler: A big cooler is possible for overcklocking.

Generally: If you want to make a own build for the users to take over, then feel free but i made my build for a reason and either people accept it or they take another build.

I have a certain vision and i know what stuff the community might enjoy. Lot of users are trying to get a Laptop and i try to break those bonds a little by showing them a fun alternate solution which is able to take some in between step between Desktop PC and Laptop. With the mentality in mind "going small and cheap doesnt mean to sacrifice performance for", i was editing the previous post to make clear my vision.

No more hints from me for the near future, i got to less time.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Been looking at the HDD for storage for my secondary slot on my laptop, seems like that one is pretty good to get.

Kalidoscope Walker Nicktendonick's Avatar

Hmmm...Well, I got a laptop for Christmas, and it's way stronger then what I had before (As a matter of fact, that should be here on the thread) What I don't know though, is that if it's strong enough to play PSO2 with.

Here's some of the box stats.

Windows 8.
    Intel Core I5 (3210M)
    15.6 inch LED HD
    Shared VRAM
    6 Gigs of memory DDR3 1600 MGz/4G*1+2G*1
    750 Gig HDD (5.4 SATA)
    ODD: Super Multi Dual Layer (SATA)

From what Can You Run It tells me, I don't think I'll be able to on accounts of the videocard. If I can't run Metro 2033 or Just Cause 2, my hopes are somewhat dim. Is there a way to remove and replace the video card in a Samsung Series 5 notebook? And also where to get one (new or used, if it works it's fine with me) as well that won't break my already empty bank

I also hear there's ways of increasing the VRAM as well, but I haven't found out how yet too.