Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hi ^^ I just got PS0 (Need Story Help)

Ummm I'm having a hard time is there any form of co-op... The newman story is kinda hard >>; Stupid Octopis >.< Right now I have 2 newmans, 1 cast One boy and one girl newman! :P I just felt like they'd be lonely lmfao.... I really want to replace the girl one with a HuMarl But, Like I can always delet the Cast when I'm done right?
    I can't respond to forums right now, so please email me..... - love pocky

my ps0 friend code is 3181 6808 0536

somewhere looking for the cake and pizza shop

I'd say just level up a little more, and eventually you get the hang of the boss battles, as for co-op i don't really know! Never had a friend with a ds to play the game with haha

Take use of your mag to boost your stats, for Power feed it any and all melee items you find and aren't using, for hit you add any and all ranged weapons you find and don't use, and for Mind add any and all force weapons to your mag. This should give you some stat boosts needed to make it through the bosses and the stat boosts you give your mag are better than the money you get from selling them. And you can play online with friends but you can't play through the story mode. And always if you can't beat something you can always just build some lvls playing through the stages you can beat.

Yes, the Newman Story starts off on a hard note. But don't worry, your newmans will have the last laugh being able to Heal theirselves easily while the CAST Is fumbling for healing items.

It's quite tricky for Hunter classes to do well against Octo Diablo, so bring along a handgun, or a mech-gun or bazooka if available to you.

If you're a newman hunter, take advantage of your more powerful techniques than the Human Hunter. If you prefer, you could battle with a rod for optimum efficency. I would recommend this when Phase 2 Begins, as Now you MUST Hit Octo Diablo himself to damage the boss, which is tricky with Melee weapons.

Following is an Octo Diablo strategy I wrote, hope this Helps.

---PHASE 1---

Octo Diablo will Spawn in the middle of the map, with 4 tentacles dividing the boardwalk into quarters.
    The Head is unable to be hit with Melee weapons, however damaging his tentacles counts as damage points towards phase 2.

When Attacking with a weapon with an AoE, Always attack the join point between the lighter blue flesh of the tentacle, and the darker blue tip, when it is available (E.G: All of the tentacle is on the boardwalk.) Attacking it correctly, even with a weapon with a poor AoE Like a Saber, should cause 2 Attacks to be dealt out to Octo Diablo, one for 1x Damage, the light blue part, and 1 for reduced damage (0.5x I think) To the dark blue tip.

If you cannot do this, ALWAYS Attack the lighter blue part. Extra damage helps, but it's not worth losing damage from attacking the dark blue part to gain that extra little bit.

---HEAD ATTACKS: Phase 1---

Ink Spit: Octo Diablo opens his mouth and spits a fast, small cloud of ink at you. Hits once for Low damage, (The 2nd lowest he causes, in fact) dodge-able by running to the side immediately after he spits or rolling to the side. Danger Rating: 3/10 Common-Ness: 6/10
    ---Takes place with tentacles on boardwalk, can be used while other attacks are being used by him---

Porel Spit?: When Testing this, at one point in phase 2 while counting the sections on the boardwalk, 10, He spat a porel at me. I ran past it, so It's clearly easy to dodge, but I didn't get hit so I can't give a danger rating. Danger Rating: ???/10 Common-Ness 1/10 (Never been attacked with that before)
    ---Takes Place with tentacles on Boardwalk, can use this while arms are attacking---

Counter: Purple Knives: Attacking the back of his head with a pistol, technique or other ranged weapon multiple times causes a few purple needles to fly out. Not that easy to dodge, but their flight pattern is very random, and they cause Negligible damage. Don't bother Dodging, you're more likely to run into one. Attacking the back of his head isn't worth it, you only do piddly amounts of damage, anyway. Danger Rating: 2/10 Common-Ness: About 3/10 When attacking him.
    ---Takes Place with tentacles on Boardwalk, can be used when arms are attacking---

Head Finisher: The 2 Settings of a Vacuum: His tentacles will retreat into the water at the boardwalk's centre. He will then open his mouth and start swallowing the air to pressure you towards the centre of the boardwalk. After about 4-5 Seconds of this, He'll stop this. A second later, he'll unleash a large blast of ink, doing heavy damage And hitting multiple times.

---A Possible Insta-Kill to Forces and Unlucky Newman Hunters!---

Right: When the tentacles draw in, try to equip your handgun. If you do this quickly enough, fire a 2-3 hit combo into Octo Diablo's open mouth. This does heavy damage to him. Then run towards the away from centre piece of Boardwalk. When he stops blowing, Run a few paces and dodge to the side. You should dodge every hit of the ink. As quickly as possible, run round towards the retreating stunned Octo Diablo and hit his mouth or the back of his mouth as many times as possible with your handgun. Danger Level: 8/10 Common-Ness: 2.5/10
    ---Arms cannot attack while using this---

---ARM ATTACKS: Phase 1---

The Less-Than-Grand Slam: The tentacles will raise a short distance into the air, track you and come down after a short interval. They cannot move fast enough to hit you if you run to the side. Does Low Damage Danger level: 5/10 Common-Ness: 8/10
    ---Can Combo with Head Normal attacks and counters---

The Grand Slam: After a L-T-G Slam, he'll draw his arms back into the air, higher this time, and track your character. After a short interval they'll come down very quickly. They move fast enough to hit running characters, only a well timed dodge will save you. Does Medium Damage. After this, you'll have a quite large window of opportunity to mete out the pain to his tentacles: Utilize AoE Weapons to attack both the tip and arm of the tentacle while it is writhing around on the deck to deal good damage.
    Danger Level: 6/10 Common-Ness: 8/10 (Part of LTG Slam Combo)

Arm Finisher: Pirouettes were never this Painful!
    After a short interval, Octo Diablo will Spin all of his tentacles around, hitting everyone in the centre to middle for about the same damage as a LTG Slam Or Ink Spit - But..! Every tentacle deals this to you, resulting in 4 hits totalling heavy damage. The only way to get out of it is to be not too far from nearing the outside and dodging quickly to there. But, after the second tentacle hits you you're locked in, the flinch time will equal the time taken to bring a tentacle round to hit you. Danger Level: 8/10 Common-Ness: 1.5/10

I'll write Phase 2 Strategies later.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shotte View Post
    Yes, the Newman Story starts off on a hard note. But don't worry, your newmans will have the last laugh being able to Heal theirselves easily while the CAST Is fumbling for healing items.

It's quite tricky for Hunter classes to do well against Octo Diablo, so bring along a handgun, or a mech-gun or bazooka if available to you.

If you're a newman hunter, take advantage of your more powerful techniques than the Human Hunter. If you prefer, you could battle with a rod for optimum efficency. I would recommend this when Phase 2 Begins, as Now you MUST Hit Octo Diablo himself to damage the boss, which is tricky with Melee weapons.

Following is an Octo Diablo strategy I wrote, hope this Helps.

---PHASE 1---

Octo Diablo will Spawn in the middle of the map, with 4 tentacles dividing the boardwalk into quarters.
    The Head is unable to be hit with Melee weapons, however damaging his tentacles counts as damage points towards phase 2.

When Attacking with a weapon with an AoE, Always attack the join point between the lighter blue flesh of the tentacle, and the darker blue tip, when it is available (E.G: All of the tentacle is on the boardwalk.) Attacking it correctly, even with a weapon with a poor AoE Like a Saber, should cause 2 Attacks to be dealt out to Octo Diablo, one for 1x Damage, the light blue part, and 1 for reduced damage (0.5x I think) To the dark blue tip.

If you cannot do this, ALWAYS Attack the lighter blue part. Extra damage helps, but it's not worth losing damage from attacking the dark blue part to gain that extra little bit.

---HEAD ATTACKS: Phase 1---

Ink Spit: Octo Diablo opens his mouth and spits a fast, small cloud of ink at you. Hits once for Low damage, (The 2nd lowest he causes, in fact) dodge-able by running to the side immediately after he spits or rolling to the side. Danger Rating: 3/10 Common-Ness: 6/10
    ---Takes place with tentacles on boardwalk, can be used while other attacks are being used by him---

Porel Spit?: When Testing this, at one point in phase 2 while counting the sections on the boardwalk, 10, He spat a porel at me. I ran past it, so It's clearly easy to dodge, but I didn't get hit so I can't give a danger rating. Danger Rating: ???/10 Common-Ness 1/10 (Never been attacked with that before)
    ---Takes Place with tentacles on Boardwalk, can use this while arms are attacking---

Counter: Purple Knives: Attacking the back of his head with a pistol, technique or other ranged weapon multiple times causes a few purple needles to fly out. Not that easy to dodge, but their flight pattern is very random, and they cause Negligible damage. Don't bother Dodging, you're more likely to run into one. Attacking the back of his head isn't worth it, you only do piddly amounts of damage, anyway. Danger Rating: 2/10 Common-Ness: About 3/10 When attacking him.
    ---Takes Place with tentacles on Boardwalk, can be used when arms are attacking---

Head Finisher: The 2 Settings of a Vacuum: His tentacles will retreat into the water at the boardwalk's centre. He will then open his mouth and start swallowing the air to pressure you towards the centre of the boardwalk. After about 4-5 Seconds of this, He'll stop this. A second later, he'll unleash a large blast of ink, doing heavy damage And hitting multiple times.

---A Possible Insta-Kill to Forces and Unlucky Newman Hunters!---

Right: When the tentacles draw in, try to equip your handgun. If you do this quickly enough, fire a 2-3 hit combo into Octo Diablo's open mouth. This does heavy damage to him. Then run towards the away from centre piece of Boardwalk. When he stops blowing, Run a few paces and dodge to the side. You should dodge every hit of the ink. As quickly as possible, run round towards the retreating stunned Octo Diablo and hit his mouth or the back of his mouth as many times as possible with your handgun. Danger Level: 8/10 Common-Ness: 2.5/10
    ---Arms cannot attack while using this---

---ARM ATTACKS: Phase 1---

The Less-Than-Grand Slam: The tentacles will raise a short distance into the air, track you and come down after a short interval. They cannot move fast enough to hit you if you run to the side. Does Low Damage Danger level: 5/10 Common-Ness: 8/10

The Grand Slam: After a L-T-G Slam, he'll draw his arms back into the air, higher this time, and track your character. After a short interval they'll come down very quickly. They move fast enough to hit running characters, only a well timed dodge will save you. Does Medium Damage. After this, you'll have a quite large window of opportunity to mete out the pain to his tentacles: Utilize AoE Weapons to attack both the tip and arm of the tentacle while it is writhing around on the deck to deal good damage.
    Danger Level: 6/10 Common-Ness: 8/10 (Part of LTG Slam Combo)

Arm Finisher: Pirouettes were never this Painful!
    After a short interval, Octo Diablo will Spin all of his tentacles around, hitting everyone in the centre to middle for about the same damage as a LTG Slam Or Ink Spit - But..! Every tentacle deals this to you, resulting in 4 hits totalling heavy damage. The only way to get out of it is to be not too far from nearing the outside and dodging quickly to there. But, after the second tentacle hits you you're locked in, the flinch time will equal the time taken to bring a tentacle round to hit you. Danger Level: 8/10 Common-Ness: 1.5/10

I'll write Phase 2 Strategies later.
    Lol I bet Mr.SuckyFace, I'm surprised he makes children though o.o!! Also I only use Foie, and I had no healing weapons..... Cast seems really easy to beat it with, they Auto-Heal..... So they just be chillen and dodgeing and living.... With my Cast I beat him with no problem hands down it was so cool..... XD I'm surprised I got past Reve and his spaceship..... I wasted alto of items... Then I was like waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah minuuuuuuuteeeee hmmmmm Walls? Why are they here.... I HAVE AN IDEA OMFG and it was the first time it didnt take 5 times like Mr.SuckyFace......

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Take use of your mag to boost your stats, for Power feed it any and all melee items you find and aren't using, for hit you add any and all ranged weapons you find and don't use, and for Mind add any and all force weapons to your mag. This should give you some stat boosts needed to make it through the bosses and the stat boosts you give your mag are better than the money you get from selling them. And you can play online with friends but you can't play through the story mode. And always if you can't beat something you can always just build some lvls playing through the stages you can beat.
    I just did that lol... He turned into a Ingh..... He's cute and all but he isn't the wings I was aiming for......

Quote Originally Posted by Bashin View Post
    I'd say just level up a little more, and eventually you get the hang of the boss battles, as for co-op i don't really know! Never had a friend with a ds to play the game with haha
    Thanks lol.... I didnt read all this to after I beat him.. But I think your reply would o fhelped me the most
    Last edited by Mike; May 11, 2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Triple post

Hey I'm at the second time you fight Captain Reve on the moon, what do I do? I think I'm suppouse to do something omega important that I'm just no doing and I just can't seem to grasp.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Always stay behind him when he's moving around, don't make attacking him a priority over surviving. If he makes the panels light up whenever you touch them, move close to a panel not already lit, and wait for the brief flashing, then move to that panel while the rest explode into damaging light. When he splits after a while, make no attempts to attack him, just run around like crazy and pay attention to sound giveaways for when Mobius reappears to attack you, and watch out for Chaos's shots. When he refuses, repeat the cycle.

As for attacking him, I say the best way is to use a charged Zonde, or if you're a Hunter, use things that can hit both his legs at once, like Swords and Spears, and take advantage of the time you'll be running after him to charge a PA to let loose once he's open, but as I said before, make sure you're not going to be hit BEFORE you plan on attacking him; he hits far too hard to simply waive the chances you won't die in a single hit-chain. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Thank you :3
    Which Force Weapon would be good to use to boost the power?

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Well, since it's available to you (I think), you can always try the Magi Processor/Circuit, if it's available (since they increase the damage from lightning techs), or if you're level 20 already, you can get a Caduceus from the password machine, and save up/use 35 grinders on it for an insanely powerful MST rod wieldable at level 20. Those are just what I suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

oh i have like 55 grinders or some outrages number and im like level 25 where can I find the code?