Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I live near LA...at uh, outside San Diego from the south-east. *sigh* The city of angels... if it was named this, their would be no crime, but people doing good things in society. But that kind of society would be boring. I would want to go...If i knew what Miku is. On that note, i didn't know there were anime expos around here.

"Play, kitty, play."

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I must say, that is an impressive visual effect, even knowing how it's done.
    Yeah, the 3D effect is really well done for the whole thing being projected on a flat screen it seems. Naturally they're crafty with the viewing angles, but the effect and animation is top-notch. Even the mouth movement is spot-on for the most part. There's a slight motion blur when one of the singers moves a lot, but other than that it's indeed impressive. It'd be something to see whether you're into Vocaloid music or not.

*Sigh* Another thing thing that "she'll" miss. Just great.

Can I get her autograph after the concert?

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Gotta admit that's pretty technical and creative, but man that's over the top for me on my creepy/weird scale.

Its stuff like this to convince one that it's living in the future.
    Virtual idols ...not...live on stage! Singing in voices that aren't human! (Miku is some computer program anyway) For all they accuse celebrities of being phony, I think someone who actually isn't real tops them all.

But, really its a great idea.
    They're pretty & won't age, you can't kill them in a car crash, they won't go on drugs and ruin their carreer or shave off all their hair like Brittany Spears / do stupid stunts and fail. Always fresh and popular, never cranky or rotten, a virtual idol seems better than any real thing.

Good for them bringing her/them over here.
    I'm sure people would want to go and see. I wonder why the USA doesn't create its own virtual idol to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    They're pretty & won't age, you can't kill them in a car crash, they won't go on drugs and ruin their carreer or shave off all their hair like Brittany Spears / do stupid stunts and fail. Always fresh and popular, never cranky or rotten, a virtual idol seems better than any real thing.
    And not real. What I don't like about this whole virtual pop star stuff is that they're made to be perfect, obviously. Perfection is a ruse and I personally thing that imperfection make people beautiful. You know that little problem most teenagers and adults have? The one where they try to be just like famous people who appear to be perfect? Imagine if all our pop stars and celebrities were perfectly modeled holograms it would be even worse. People would be trying to become someone they physically can not be. So no, I don't think this is better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    I wonder why the USA doesn't create its own virtual idol to sing.
    The Gorillaz do concerts like this and those are actual people with actual talent. Rather that autotune.

With that all said, its a neat idea and the animations do look pretty great, it would definitely be neat to see, but the music isn't quite my taste. I'd like to see more bands do something like this and a mix of what the Gorillaz do, have amazing holograms but with a nice upbeat band and guest stars. For some songs they have entire groups of dancers come out and do their thing while the projections do theirs. Its amazing looking.

If any of you actually go be sure to tell us how it was ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Airalean View Post
    And not real. What I don't like about this whole virtual pop star stuff is that they're made to be perfect, obviously. Perfection is a ruse and I personally thing that imperfection make people beautiful. You know that little problem most teenagers and adults have? The one where they try to be just like famous people who appear to be perfect? Imagine if all our pop stars and celebrities were perfectly modeled holograms it would be even worse. People would be trying to become someone they physically can not be. So no, I don't think this is better than the real thing.
    Fair argument, though at the same time you won't see a virtual idol turn to drugs and stuff to destroy their bodies and their reputations. You're not gonna see a sex scandal from a virtual idol. And no, creepy Gelbooru fanart doesn't count :P

I'm personally a lot more disturbed by a celebrity that looks like a zombie she's so anorexic compared to a perfect virtual idol. I think the cartoonish nature of Vocaloid takes away from that too; though I'm sure your point would come up if we were taking more realistic models and turning them into virtual idols. Interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    So creepy.
    At least there's a pretty large number of moe-fangirls among the Vocaloid fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    though I'm sure your point would come up if we were taking more realistic models and turning them into virtual idols. Interesting to think about.
    See, I would hope the fact that they're more cartoony would make that less of an issue. But I've seriously met people who hold anime girls as their standards for real women.