Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Not to be a troll, but what's the point of this topic? So you do not have to scroll through the game and anime songs you would not listen to?
    I for one like each genre and would be quite bothered to have to check up on two topics from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Râul View Post
    Not to be a troll, but what's the point of this topic? So you do not have to scroll through the game and anime songs you would not listen to?
    I for one like each genre and would be quite bothered to have to check up on two topics from now on.
    That's pretty much the point, and while you might not see anything wrong with scrolling through video game and anime music, there are others that do (honestly, myself included.) The differences between the two can be pretty heavy. Unless a mod deems this redundant, you'll just have to put up with it. If you really feel that way then the best thing you can do is encourage the other thread by continuing to post any and all of your music in it, and hope people do the same.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Râul View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    That's pretty much the point, and while you might not see anything wrong with scrolling through video game and anime music, there are others that do (honestly, myself included.) The differences between the two can be pretty heavy. Unless a mod deems this redundant, you'll just have to put up with it. If you really feel that way then the best thing you can do is encourage the other thread by continuing to post any and all of your music in it, and hope people do the same.
    Pretty much as how Sord put it. It's not that I don't like some of the music, because honesty there's a few anime themes I do like, and there's a lot of video game shit I like too, but if I wanted to hear it I'd play the game or look it up on youtube. Arguably that could be said the same about non-anime or video game bands, but it's more of meant to share bands that we've heard outside of such sources. I don't particularly like the oversaturation of video game and anime music I've been seeing in the other thread, so I just want to see something different.

Like Sord said, if the mods feel this topic is redundant then they can get rid of it. Honestly, I see it as necessary, since we have a lot of people who like music from pretty much everything, but this is the two man filters for the music. The thread itself already has some good contributions, and I'd like to see it grow. I've even put a link in the first post for the other thread for convenience, so hopefully Ryno will do the same for his thread.

Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Speak slow - Tegan & Sara

Also; truthfully if you want to avoid those things, avoid the user or something; but w/e.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Lately I've been composing my own pieces.

One that uses the following Instruments:

Strings

2 Electric Guitars
    2 Acoustic Guitars
    1 Classical Acoustic Guitar
    2 Bass Guitars

1 Mandolin

1 Violin
    1 Viola
    1 Cello
    1 Upright Bass

Percussion

1 Piano
    1 Keyboard
    2 Drum sets

Woodwinds

1 piccolo
    1 flute
    1 oboe
    1 clarinet

Voice
    1 Tenor
    1 Alto

Brass
    1 Trumpet
    1 Tuba
    1 French Horn
    1 Trombone

What I am working on combines romantic and modern approaches and fuses them together with more popular approaches. The idea begins with a small theme that is transformed by the two vocalists, represented as two lovers who make their stand together within gender as a duet.

Eventually their love and struggles form thoughts and themes within the instrumentation. The theme goes from "unity" between the two, to a "Conversation" and "Struggle" among the two....

The two take their own separate sides, desiring to be together yet independent the same...the instruments represent their emotions as they clash and the passage of time and encounters.

The idea for this piece came from the fact I can sing and perform Alto and Tenor parts. When I am performing a Tenor part, it is always viewed and expected that a male performs a Tenor part. When an Alto part is performed, the same expectation (and discrimination) is expected where a female is supposed to perform it. When opposite genders perform such parts, eventually they enter into conflicts with themselves.

This piece I am working on represents an "Internal" battle between Gender and Identity between myself...where the "male" part of myself struggles with the "female" part of my personality to retain unity without the two causing the self-destruction of the other.

I started working on this a long time ago and I am scoring everything and using programs to help me. So It is safe to say I've been listening to what I have so far over and over again to make sure I have it right. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"