Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Potential First-Timer

I don't consider myself much of a gamer, and having worked in the industry it still feels funny for me to say that. However, I've always been enamored with the PS series, and as few other games can, this one sticks with me. Strange then that there is such a glaring void in my PS repertoire.

While I've played something in the neighborhood of 3800 hours in PSO across the years and 2 platforms, I have never tried Episode 4. For some reason I had added Blue Burst's OST very late on a long list of soundtracks to add to my collection, but after giving it a couple listens this weekend, I'm kind of itching to try it.

I perused the stickies so if I missed the answers I apologize, but I have a few true/false statements I'm hoping the community could answer without creating an issue for PSOW. I'm just looking for yes/no here.

A] It is still possible to procure the PSOBB game.
    B] PSOBB will run on Windows 7.
    C] PSOBB supports a wired 360 controller.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Pretty sure that is a yes to all of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    It is still possible to procure the PSOBB game.
    Yes

PSOBB will run on Windows 7.
    Yes

PSOBB supports a wired 360 controller.
    Yes

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

From what I've heard those are all true. Oh and if you go to a certain server's forums they have an installer and faq that work perfectly for getting BB.

its not perfect but it works. windows 7 isn't as simple as doubleclicking a loader the first time, but after a quick fix it's smooth as butter in 7 and you don't have to mess with anything again. The rest is easy. Personally I play BB with a PS3 pad, so really any pad will do the trick.

This is encouraging news, thanks for the responses. This might just make my week.

Now to start the legwork of making it happen. Hopefully there won't be too many snags.

I play PSOBB with with a Wii Classic Controller Pro via an adapter. In-game I went unto cotrol customization to adjust a few things. Now it controls so dang smoothly, surpassing the old gamecube controller IMO.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Balls, I say. Been to four stores looking for a wired controller [either 360 or PS3] and nothing. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them. Already struck out at Target, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Balls, I say. Been to four stores looking for a wired controller [either 360 or PS3] and nothing. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them. Already struck out at Target, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart.
    I shall answer you with another quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon28 View Post
    I play PSOBB with with a Wii Classic Controller Pro via an adapter. In-game I went unto cotrol customization to adjust a few things. Now it controls so dang smoothly, surpassing the old gamecube controller IMO.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

If you don't mind online, amazon has a wired 360 pad for $30, though it never specifically says it is "for" PC, just that it "Works with most Windows Vista-based PCs". I haven't seen a wired controller in stores for a long time, so it may require a bit of luck to find one in brick and mortar.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter