Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

If the end of the world doesn't happen. They'll simply move it to April in 2012. Then after that, we'll see.

The problem with our generation (especially gen Xer's) is that we've gone through so many of these, it's like the boy who cried wolf. We get it. Somehow our generation is supposed to see the end of the world in some shape or form. Everybody is trying to get on this Year 20XX kick of some kind.

And because it is 20XX, we might as well throw more out there.

If 2012 doesn't do us in, we'll all be attacked and taken over by Dr. Wily and his band of robots, so we better find the kid with the last name of Light, ensure he becomes a doctor and that we get Rockman made Pronto!!

My thoughts. The most likely Rapture people might get on this day, is the "Rapture of Love" by Anita Baker.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Megaman is the year 200X...so yeah... Dr.Wily already failed.

But I bet you WWW was behind Sony's network getting hacked.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    IAnd what will his parish do on May 22 when nothing has happened again?
    I've actually been kind of concerned with this question for awhile now. So many people who have volunteered to spread this "warning" they ardently believe in are going to be left with nothing come May 22. They've lost their jobs, homes, possessions, and in some cases their family and friends. It's destroyed their lives just as thoroughly as a natural disaster. Except there's no insurance policy for gullibility.

I'm concerned that we may see a wave of suicides follow in the wake of this failed prediction. There was supposedly a New Jersey guy who took his life as a result of Harold Camping's the 1994 end of day's prediction, but I couldn't find an actual source for the claim, so it may likely just be urban legend. Still, as foolish as I think these people are, I don't want them to get hurt any more than they already have.

One other question. Why don't you ever hear these things from other countries?
    You do. For instance, The Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God in Uganda comitted mass suicide/murder when their 2000 prediction for the return of Christ failed to manifest. In total, 778 people lost their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I would party... if I was Christian or whatever religion that uses the bible
    I'm not Christian. In fact, that's kind of the whole idea behind the End of the World party.... because they are so frequent, it's like getting an extra holiday filled with sin and debauchery every year. Plus you get to mock people's cherished and potentially very dangerous (or at the least, counterproductive) beliefs.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 18, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Humorously, I'm hosting a Rapture BBQ on the 21st with some friends. It'll be a night of barbecued gluttony, gambling, and what have you. I mean, if it isn't hosted by Jesus (which happens to be my name), it ain't no Rapture party.

My friends and I already had our party date set as the December 21st one, and we're gonna hold it off till then. We are having a BBQ picnic at the park this Sunday (day after) which will probably involve booze and what not, but that's more to do with all our work schedules (about half the group work at places where they get Sunday off, so it's easy to just do planned get togethers that day.) This BBQ party has been in the works since at least a month ago.

Y2K was the best one

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    I agree that the world ending thing is getting old. And what will his parish do on May 22 when nothing has happened again?

I'll be laughing at the idiots on May 22 just like I did after Y2K and I will in 2013.
    Just this because no human can figure out/predict when our world is going to end.
    Believe in God or no,no one can predict the end of this world,humans shouldn't sprout such non-sense.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Data:
    Sieghart Beast M Lv140

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki-kun View Post
    Just this because no human can figure out/predict when our world is going to end.
    I can. The world will end August the 17th in the year 4,583,220,836AD when the sun goes Red Giant. +/- 500,000,000 years. I'll be hosting a BBQ party in Indianapolis for the big event, so if you guys haven't been killed by the oceans boiling away in a billion years, harvested by nomadic aliens, or torn to shreds by giant Warble-Throated Horror-Beaks (evolutionary descendents of the common pigeon) - then I invite you all to stop by. Now, there is a small chance that as the sun continues to shed mass that the orbit of Earth will extend out beyond the future radius of the sun when it finally stops expanding. I wouldn't bet on it though, so just in case you might want to R.S.V.P.

(I had originally planned to host the party on the Fra Mauro Highlands on the Moon for a better view, but let's face it, we're never going back there.)

Oh, and there's also a chance that small instabilities in the orbits of the inner-planets could, over time, send the planets spiraling out of control, so dress as weather permits.

(Event pending Earth's very unlikely destruction in super-dense clouds of ionized gasses/supermassive black hole during the collision of our Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy in 3,000,000,000 years.)

Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 18, 2011 at 07:18 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Matthew 24:36 (King James Version)

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Harold Camping, you're doing it wrong...

Gotta love it when Christians don't even read the Bible.

(In other words, I'm not concerned. I'll just spend it like I would any other Saturday.)
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; May 18, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Assassin of Fate Reikoku na kuma's Avatar

Seriously, some ppl ACTUALLY beliving this rhetoric.... shows how truly dumb our soceity has become......espcially to even come up with this stuff up, what, like every 5-10 yrs...?