Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah I remember all the login server crap. THAT was actually SoE's fault as the login servers are in EU lol. Still not Edwards fault (just a btw). However, I never once talked to anyone with direct lag or whatever other "problems" you are referring to that wasn't something on their end in some respect, whether it be their own home/work/campus internet or some hop along the way. I get the same small & random number of disconnects from JP as I did US. Their performance purely on a functional basis is equal from my perspective (and others).

You can think all you want about what I may or may not know about first-hand experience. You didn't hear the things I heard or were said to me. Who are you to play that game? I, and my source, knew very well the risks involved in divulging anything at all. He made it abundantly clear that what I was being told was supposed to be kept on the down-low if you will, i.e. keep my mouth shut.

I am actively studying physics in general for now myself which you can imagine requires a great deal of logic to fully and accurately study. To study particle, requires a single additional class which I have plenty of time for as I am still at the undergraduate level (only slightly as I am in my last year which includes much fewer classes as a senior than I did as a junior which I just finished). I followed through nonetheless and completed my astrophysics studies with what my college has to offer, but am overall extremely disappointed in how little I really was able to pull away from the department.

I'm sorry, isn't this getting a tad off topic? Its getting hard to pay attention to this thread with all of these consistent long posts. And I thought I was long-winded... O_O;

So SEGA decided to add a JP subsection. That's all well and good. We can enjoy that. Or not. This conspiracy/politics/motive thing is becoming... Uneeded. I agree with Crysteon though, its awkward that they added the section, but state that they don't support that version. Oh well, a disclaimer is a disclaimer. At least the information will be concentrated there. For how long, we'll just have to see.
    Last edited by Tyreek; May 26, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Are you seriously arguing who's the most educated here? That's pretty hilarious.

It's weird that they added the section, yes, that's the reason I clicked on this thread, but there's no big deal about it.
    Last edited by Vent; May 26, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    I think it's a really bad move from their part trying to add a section and claim that they dont support the JP version. I mean...er....dont you guys have a 360 version running? And on top of that....you're hosting a space for JP players? I still dont get it...really. I'm positive that PSOW is a fan site that supports all versions of the game, and it should be the one that may have to offer an actual place for each cluster of the global community.

I wont really mess up with who or what is Edward's job...it's out of my interests and concerns. ...saying all this stuff has political background is a bit preposterous, dont you think?
    :X inb4 360shut down?

like a few people said: why all of a sudden?
    >.> dont get me wrong (@ others) im not wishing such acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    Are you seriously arguing who's the most educated here? That's pretty hilarious.

It's weird that they added the section, yes, that's the reason I clicked on this thread, but there's no big deal about it.
    He is attempting to instigate conspiracy theories into the reasoning behind SEGA's various decisions...I am simply trying to quell them.

The "JP Account" thread was getting very very popular, when the topic got locked other people were making threads dedicated to the Japanese server.
    I sent a message to Edward asking if it could be unlocked, and from there they spoke amongst themselves and decided to make a JP sub-forum.

Credit should be given to Edward I never thought a sub-forum would ever be made.

*applause*

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I would consider this a favor that the SoA staff decided to put out for the fans. As it says in the sticky, they do not officially provide any support for the JP version.

I'm sure quite a few people have thanked Edward for doing this, they really didn't have to make that forum.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Yeah I remember all the login server crap. THAT was actually SoE's fault as the login servers are in EU lol. Still not Edwards fault (just a btw). However, I never once talked to anyone with direct lag or whatever other "problems" you are referring to that wasn't something on their end in some respect, whether it be their own home/work/campus internet or some hop along the way. I get the same small & random number of disconnects from JP as I did US. Their performance purely on a functional basis is equal from my perspective (and others).

You can think all you want about what I may or may not know about first-hand experience. You didn't hear the things I heard or were said to me. Who are you to play that game? I, and my source, knew very well the risks involved in divulging anything at all. He made it abundantly clear that what I was being told was supposed to be kept on the down-low if you will, i.e. keep my mouth shut.

I am actively studying physics in general for now myself which you can imagine requires a great deal of logic to fully and accurately study. To study particle, requires a single additional class which I have plenty of time for as I am still at the undergraduate level (only slightly as I am in my last year which includes much fewer classes as a senior than I did as a junior which I just finished). I followed through nonetheless and completed my astrophysics studies with what my college has to offer, but am overall extremely disappointed in how little I really was able to pull away from the department.
    You are right, I have been somewhat biased in my views towards Sega, but that is a mistake I can fix with this post. I was biased in giving them MORE CONSIDERATION than what I normally give other companies...

Yeah, I did a no-no, so I will fix that mistake RIGHT NOW.

Enough is enough.

I am the customer (client) and they are company/corporation. I paid SEGA money in order to play different versions of Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe. Those games locally at every level were eventually shutdown.

The exception are the 360 servers.

I now own a game, as well as many others do who does not have a network component thanks to the servers being shutdown. I don't give a damn if you try making it look like several entities of SEGA cared or did not care. I can care less...

I am the customer and what I cared about was a service being provided for the money I paid into the service, which resulted in loss of data, loss of time and energy. Sorry, but I am not paid to care nor do I need to care.

All I need is to see the results and let the results speak for themselves. I do not work for SEGA. I am not on their payroll. I don't need to care nor play being a fanatic acting like they "cared" and "tried to not shut things down"

sorry, but that is not good enough. The results themselves spoke as people did get angry about the issue.

If I had a wish to do this all over again, my desire would have been to play in Japan from the start and skip non-Japanese releases because then I would know I would have been treated a little better.

So what are the lesser of two evils...Having my money robbed due to an electronics error which caused me to go to court to get it back, or having my money robbed over a period of time to have the servers shutdown with every week a new posting of "promised updates" being delayed or not occuring at all?

Sorry but I know MMORPGs and Games online which have had their servers raised for over 8+ years with expansions, updates and people and those games have one thing in common. I myself raised a pair of servers which supported over 1000 players at every hour of the day for a three year period, and had much smoother performance than anything SoA/SoE came up with and I am just one person. The money to pay that server came from "Donations" made when the web page was up.

Now I know SEGA had problems with advertising, but I don't have to care...See because I am not a FANATIC to SEGA. I like Phantasy Star and perhaps I can even consider myself a Phantasy Star Fanatic, but first and foremost...

I liked Rieko's works a lot better than anything SAKAI came up with. My favorite of Rieko's works were Phantasy Star IV and Skies of Arcadia.

See, I don't comment on what SEGA does positively or negatively, WHY? Because I am not a freaking shareholder ok! I am just a customer. I comment on what I see and what I received as a customer which I have every single right to do so.

You seem to forget you are a customer and just because a "Little birdie" told you some information doesn't mean squat at the final moment of things. All you've been doing is defending SEGA like if you were on some private contract to be a representative and its getting annoying.

So yeah, your words do not change the fact we all had to start all over elsewhere. This happened not once but the many times....From the Dreamcast PSO, to Gamecube PSO, to Xbox PSO, then PSObb to then PRIVATE PSObb servers....not to mention the people who chose to go from PSU to PSUJP or PSU-360.

You wanted me to see the facts...THESE ARE THE FACTS as a customer I care about...Now when I choose to invest in SEGA at the shareholder level, then perhaps I can give a damn, as for now all I give a damn is playing my characters, meeting new and interesting people and having some fun considering my work in the real world is harsh.

I pay a monthly fee, play my characters in Japan or pay for services (GC if I care), that is how far my "Relationship" goes with SEGA.

As for my relationship with others...I am surprised I am writing this as it shows I give much more of a damn than I realized for the people like me who actually spent money and have forgotten about the money they lost and friends they had to say good bye to forever because they chose to move on after servers went bye bye.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

You knew from the get go that the servers would eventually be shut down...if you hated it so much, then why do you bother with ANY version of ANY online SEGA game to begin with? That's your own personal problem with the company and beyond the context of what we were arguing about to begin with. Most of your post is a tangent to what we were discussing to begin with. Call it what you will lol. But it's obvious you are EXTREMELY unhappy with SEGA which yields little reason to me at least why you even bother playing anything SEGA if they did you such a horrendous disservice in the past.

Btw if you said forever good-bye's to people, you obviously didn't care THAT much about them. Phantasy star servers are not the only method in this world to converse with others.