Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Free Play Horror Stories

Last night was awful, it's the second time I had to quit out on a player. I was playing with a Japanese player, HUnewem, his lvl was high but he wasn't throwing out higher than 50-60's damage that is matched by running in with 3 NPC meat Shields. And of course he puts the settings on SH Arca Plant.

Now I don't mind running Arca Plant but if you're online and are planning on doing Arca on free play MAKE SURE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FIRST! There's nothing worse than having a barnacle attached to your side and having to play baby sitter while battling double Arkzeins. This isn't really what bothered me though, I came to the conclusion that I can help the player out and run him through the plant. Despite him dieing twice in the second room and atleast once in every room until I quit out.

So I'm doing about 80% of the damage, charging my restas and reviving him, basically soloing the plant for him. We get to a dead end room he stops while I fight an Arkzein, Akorse, and two Korses and he spams "Let's Go" over and over again. I get so angry. Ok your hunting Milias Breaker or something, fine. But you'r playing WITH OTHER PEOPLE who might be hunting something different, and when you're the freakin' leech in this situation you can pretend to give a **** and help me fight something instead of staying in the corner of the room spamming my screen.>.>

I left the room gave him a bad rating and DCed on him. Punk kid, have some freakin' respect for the players you barn to or you'll never get to Humilias.
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 4, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

lol i know how you feel XD

I had a similar experience, but luckilly the guy didn't mind me doing the dead end rooms. He just didn't attribute much to the fights.

It's more annoying when someone connects, but their character just sits there. You can't progress, you have to DC.

I've had my share of impatient players on Freeplay. I'd much rather play alone or with people on my F/C list because I can clear out every room without "LET'S GO!" being spammed over and over again because I don't have that same "rush to the end" attitude a lot of people on Freeplay seem to have.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

This is the reason I can't do free play with these kinds of people out there, since I'm one of those people who actually likes to clear every room in case of rare spawns or rare rooms that could happen ANYWHERE, I don't care if what I'm hunting is from the boss, I still search every room, and it would just annoy the hell out of me if I went with a guy who just spammed text and didn't contribute much to battle (really, unless you're a cast, if you can't hurt the enemies much, you could at least attempt to heal ME), but I seem to be the only person who has the caring mentality to do that... as well as the mentality to sometimes make leechers fight an entire room of enemies on their own while I just sit back and heal/revive them until THEY kill everything... those are always great times, laughing at their humiliation... I think anyone I did that to ended up quitting on me. I know, I'm a jerk, but I teach them a good lesson. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I really hate quitting out on people especially since I know I'm not going to get to fight the boss, this is only a huge problem at Arca since it's annoying to run through it with all the undodgable attacks. But I don't really gain anything by watching them struggle every room and waste my time. I don't think I have it in me to play idlely by and watch the useless be useless.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Really, the only reason I do it is to show them what they're doing to me: sitting by idly while not contributing, so I just let them see what they can actually do, and lo and behold, they show themselves how useless they are, and, as I said, most just quit on me because I showed them how they really were. I eventually met up later with another guy who I FP'd with in the past and did that, and he quit as soon as the game started. Jackass learned HIS lesson, that's for sure, at least with me. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

I am a HUcast (duh). I am a Tank. I specialize in keeping YOU alive. but that DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! I was in freeplay a few days ago and I got in a 4 man party for a Ruins run. There was me, 2 Fos and a Ra. It seemed like a pretty good balance at the time! But as soon as we started fighting hostiles, EVERY OTHER MEMBER OF MY TEAM WENT INTO THEIR MENUS. I killed the enemies myself and then they came back to playing. I thought it was just a fluke, but then they did it again the next room...and the next room...and the next room... The second the enemies spawned, they would go into their menus and leave me to fight. I learned to hate that thought bubble that appears above a player head when you hit start... I eventually got tired of it, so i waited untill we were in a room full of Rohjades, then i ran over to where they were standing, waited untill the Rohjades came over, then i went into the other room. I whatched as everyone else died then i walked back in and massacred the rohjades. then dc'd. God i wish you could crouch in PSZ...i would have teabagged their asses but good.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX XxGoregrinderxX's Avatar

This Morning i was online on PSZ with my RAcast.

I was in a Part with Level 100 Japanese guys.
    But they were sooo weak. Ähhh
    The one was a HUcast and the other Guy was a FOnewearl and they did very low damage
    in the Dark Shrine.
    Only 110 per hit on Hard!?!?
    A RAcast on Level 100 will make more than this imao. LOL

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Quote Originally Posted by XxGoregrinderxX View Post
    This Morning i was online on PSZ with my RAcast.

I was in a Part with Level 100 Japanese guys.
    But they were sooo weak. Ähhh
    The one was a HUcast and the other Guy was a FOnewearl and they did very low damage
    in the Dark Shrine.
    Only 110 per hit on Hard!?!?
    A RAcast on Level 100 will make more than this imao. LOL
    Uhhh...110 is low? What universe do you come from? Hard DS damage output is around 100 average, and you can rarely get higher than that. And RAcasts do not get higher than that, they break even in good builds but usually have less damage which is made up for in ATA. That FOnewearl probably didnt have a good build, and she wasnt using the right tech-enemy combonations for DS. And That HUcast was doing just fine.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com