Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gemaga Help Please

Ok, now I am a PSP and PSZ fan. I always have been. I consider myself to be good at games. I have one hell of a time beating Gemaga by myself. I am a lvl 120 Hunter with Type Lvl of 19. I use the ghost blade upgraded with an extend code, it have lvl 5 life leech on it. I use tornado break and it seems to do ok. I just feel like I should be doing better. I do not block alot, or roll alot, i pretty much tank and smash myway through the game. Can someone give me any pointers? Should i use a diff weappon? Block more? PLease, I need to beat hard mode as well still. Thanks for the help!!!

I wouldn't recommend using swords in Gemaga, they're not very efficient. Try using the equipment below:

Weapons:
    - twin sabers with Blade Destruction
    - spears with Dus Skaad

Armor:
    - High %

If you have Vanguard leveled up to LV7 on your character, try equipping the ability 'Burst Bomber' and use traps in the mission, too.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Swords just suck.

YTown's suggestion is good. I prefer to use:

saika/tumikiri hyori
    42 Sangeyasha or other tsabers

I suggest using armor. cause you dont have to waste time with switching armors. Besides the Dilnazens/Ardites, I recommend using a armor(if you dont have a armor) cause I believe the weapons the enemies use is . Always use elemental armor according to the attacks of the enemies, not their type.

I suggest doing gemaga as VA as it much easier cause you have traps and the ability "Burst Bomber".
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    saika/tumikiri hyori
    42 Sangeyasha or other tsabers
    lol hes looking for one of those already :P

best bet IMO (gets me by in gemaga almost everytime no matter what level)

a good double saber with cyclone dance. pretty much chain up to 2 or 3 and use it, usually kills anything like the rostas or rosks in one combo. intro mobs are kinda annoying but still, cyclone em and theyll be dead soon lolol

ikotenyoku (with assault crush) from the max exchange mission. wrecks dilnazens and shizuru pretty easily. chain up to like 5 or so on dils, full pa combo usually gets em.

and traps for shizuru. run up, use 3 freeze right off the bat (you will get hit, just heal quick etc). and spam confuse and freeze back and forth till the clones are dead. try to keep them grouped together so they take damage equally. kinda hard to do since they like lunging at you a lot but just keep tryin. once main shizuru is left alone, chain however much, use assault up to second combo, dont use the last one, itd make him counter and possibly kill you.

this usually works pretty well for me.

Cyclone Dance most of the smaller stuff, Blade Destruction large mobs and Shizuru. Use traps on Shizuru and Blade Destruction while you do it. Assault Crush works as well, but don't use the final part or Shizuru will counter you.

Also you said you just 'tank' it. Gemaga isn't a mission to tank; everything has boosted ATP. Learn to dodge/block instead.

On vanilla PSP2, VA walks it with EX traps and stupid EVP.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

yeah you can straight up be boring and VA it or be a man and be a hunter :P

thanks everyone.. Also, How in the hell do i find decent people to play with online? I have no set friends to play with so i PUG it all the time (PUG = Pick Up Group) and they are terrible, they just sit in the waiting area and never start missions and they are all hacked 200's... If anyone has a set time EST they play with other, please let me in on it, because i need a good group to play with. Anyways, thanks again for everything guys!!!!!! Let me know your player names and i will add to my friends list and maybe find ya.! My player name is Jebroni (120 Hunter), and Aleanna (55 Force)

Finding good players in-game can be hard. Most are idiots, but there are few good players that can be found. Try finding people on the forums to play with.

Right now I play Open Missions in offine mode and Tactical Missions and Challenge Mode in online mode. My character names are all "YTown Nate Dogg". If you see me, feel free to join.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

i got my best time with Lambda excalibur
    my pallete is Dimate, Burn trap, confusing trap, freeze trap, Burn ex trap and stun ex trap lol

and the enemies are easy to kill with burst bomber
    maybe i can tell how i do

1.enemies
    3burn traps and blade destruction
    2.enemies
    stun ex trap (because the claw dumbs run away) and blade destruction
    3.enemies
    if u use the stun trap from the last enemie wave good u kill some from this wave and u only need to do blade destruction...buff bevor transport

second floor
    1.enemies
    runs straight to them end set 2 burn traps and they are dead
    2.enemies
    3 freeze traps and maybe chain to 5 and blade destruction
    3.enemies
    burn ex trap in the middle of them
    4.enemies
    3 freeze traps and chain the big one to 5
    5.enemies
    run to them and set 1 burn ex trap
    6.enemies
    run straight to them and use burn ex trap (u can hit them all on the right position)
    7.enemies
    3 freeze traps and confuse traps spam

Shizuru.
    use 3 stun ex traps and the copys should be dead
    chain the last 1 to 5 or higher and he is dead

my fastest run was like 2:45 or something
    u are lv 120 and its good if u do white beast and hunt lambda excalibur
    i gonna do white beast sometimes and i will be arround and look for u

if u want to lvl your Va lv you can do storymode chapter 9-1 easy
    u get 100+tps and its realy easy

edit: and rly sorry for my bad english lol
    Last edited by Syncesta; Jun 6, 2011 at 05:00 AM.
    Retired but still da best!!!! *^*

I run gamega alot with my 2nd main as VA class using the T sabers Elysions which are 47%

I base my runs off this yourtube video and it gets me through gamaga every time, I don't really care about my time, though it did take a few runs to remember where to drop the traps and haveing a good armor i find helps alot too

atm my setup is as follows if its any help, keep in mind that my armor and wep setup is for FO which is what i normally run her as

Elysions 47% PA Blade Destrucation
    Caduceus with Shifta and Deband ( I guess any rod will do?)
    Opra Weave 42%
    4x lumirus / power (can't be bothered to hunt out Feril / Power)

Mono/Di/Tri mates (though i really ony use Mono and the occasional Di, u can have more traps there if u want but this is what i have)
    Freeze Trap
    Burn EX
    Stun EX
    Scape Doll (just in case i get raped my an aora mob or shizu)

Abilities:

HP boost (1)
    HP Restore Rate (2)
    PP Escape Save (1)
    Damage Resist (2)
    Burst Bomber (a must) (1)
    Assist Advnace (1)

and any sayo blessing i can get

Last edited by zeital; Jun 6, 2011 at 06:29 AM.
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |