Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ive played psp2... its good and all but i only had it for short time... the new content was nice though sadly i didnt play online at all though. I wished i bought it new rather than used. i didnt like paying not just for a game and then have to go to the psn to buy a pass to play online. Not saying i cant afford it but i just dont see the point in it...maybe im not understanding that. Being able to carry over data from psp1 was cool though. So yeah i liked psp2 for the most of it.. I didnt know about PSZ til now since ive been lookig for other games to play and Give RPGs a break. When i saw it i went hunting around for anyone that has it, found ths site and now playing it i hopes of being at a decent level so i can play oline with other players... currently made it to the tower( im sure u know what it is) ben playing for 30 hours and at 38... So yeah ive been enjoying this game alot hope they release one for the 3DS im sure it could get a good turnout if they tried. In a nutshell... psp2 is a great game to play and so i PSZ though sice i have only my dsi now that my psp broke awhile back ill be here hopefully playing with you guys

Though maybe i should get another psp.... (sorry idk if i wanna get vita, after seeing the pspGO and that i had spent alot of money o UMDs i kinda lost my touch with sony on that though its still a nice hadheld)

Since I'm here reading all these posts, does any one think that SEGA'll continue Zero into its own subseries? Or, would you like that to happen?

Doubtful. Seems like they'll be continuing the Portable series on the PS Vita.

Would I like it to happen? I don't care either way. I thought Zero wrapped up fine. I think all of the portable Phantasy Star games have their merits, but I'd rather just focus on the upcoming PSO2 on PC. Any portable Phantasy Star game that comes out after that won't have my full attention if PSO2 ends up being a good time sink.

Now, I'd be really interested if they made a new turn-based RPG Phantasy Star game as a portable title, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Evila View Post
    Doubtful. Seems like they'll be continuing the Portable series on the PS Vita.

Would I like it to happen? I don't care either way. I thought Zero wrapped up fine. I think all of the portable Phantasy Star games have their merits, but I'd rather just focus on the upcoming PSO2 on PC. Any portable Phantasy Star game that comes out after that won't have my full attention if PSO2 ends up being a good time sink.

Now, I'd be really interested if they made a new turn-based RPG Phantasy Star game as a portable title, haha.
    I didn't mean with the story and characters, just the universe, since it was all brand new and set apart from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Taijutsu-Joshua View Post
    I didn't mean with the story and characters, just the universe, since it was all brand new and set apart from the others.
    Oh yeah yeah. I actually liked the new locations a lot (sans the Valley I guess, that place was pretty standard) and would like to see them revisited, even if it's not necessarily in the Zero universe. Kind of like how those Eternal Tower style maps show up in Infinity.

i too liked zero more the problem is zero just doesnt have that much to do i spent like 700 on zero and im was well over 1200 hours last i checked on psp2 i like zero but its just short
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Zero is great and all but it just dosent keep you going till you have finished it ...
    But i realy like it though ...
    I realy want a new one on 3ds ...
    Once Awsome .... Alwasy awsome !!!
    B-) Life is just one big party B-)

Nostalgia should not be considered a cover-all for why it is so many people think PSZ is great. Not everyone who picks up PSZ is either a PSO or PSU vet. For me, PSZ is the first Phantasy Star game I've played quite extensively. I picked it up in the first place because I liked the idea of running through maps in hopes of getting some good loot. The game also fits the model for the ideal DS game, a game that is fairly simple that you can play on the go and play with others on wifi.

Speaking of wifi, I ended up putting more than 1000 hours into the game because I've met my fair share of people to play it with on the online multiplayer. Although a lot of them have came and went, there's a few I've met playing PSZ that I consider a friend. I tried my hand at PSP2 because it came off as the spiritual successor for PSZ and it failed to measure up for me. Most of my problems with PSP2 have to do with my frustrations with the online mode than it does with the actual gameplay. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like PSO or PSU more because I have never played those games.

I'm not a PSO vet, and I mainly got PSZ because it was a PSOish game for the DS (my only portable), and the fact it had many classic touches as well as new ones was a nice bonus.

What I hate about PSP2 is chat, I don't really mind anything else. The only thing I don't like about PSZ is just that character apearance isn't as customizable, but that's just from playing the newer games too much, and the mags fix that. I love the mags in PSO style games