Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question on importing infinity

Since it looks like it will not come to the EU/USA, should I import the PSN version, or the UMD version?
    PSO2
    Titan200 -CAST- RA 40- HU 45- FO 19- GU 50- FI 55
    Titan200 -Human -FO 19- HU 35-FI 20
    Marionette -Newman-FO 50- TE 31

PSN is still down anyways...(JP) unless you can wait till it goes back up.

UMD is your choice atm.

I'd advise the UMD version, if you get the PSN version, you'll need to switch accounts every time you want to play it since it'll be tied to the JP account you used to buy it. If you get the UMD version you'll only need to switch accounts if you want to play online
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Ok. Thanks for the responce.
    PSO2
    Titan200 -CAST- RA 40- HU 45- FO 19- GU 50- FI 55
    Titan200 -Human -FO 19- HU 35-FI 20
    Marionette -Newman-FO 50- TE 31

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Though in defense of the PSN version, even Sakai himself said that installing the UMD version leaves a fair amount of data that still streams from the UMD and that the PSN version runs a little better because it runs entirely off of your memory stick. An example is in the audio/video desync that sometimes occurs during boss introduction cutscenes on the UMD version
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    Though in defense of the PSN version, even Sakai himself said that installing the UMD version leaves a fair amount of data that still streams from the UMD and that the PSN version runs a little better because it runs entirely off of your memory stick. An example is in the audio/video desync that sometimes occurs during boss introduction cutscenes on the UMD version
    Good point, and if you get the PSN version, you'll notice less lag when you switch weapons on you pallate too. The UMD version is mainly for covenience I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Another point is that if you're gonna get the free or even buy some of the psn dlc weapons and clothing, you're gonna need to switch to your JPN account to use them anyways, so you might as well get the PSN version.

I have the UMD myself (even though I plan to get some of the PSN DLC... must have... SHOPPER'S DRESS!), and being offline-only, it seems to load faster than PSPo2 did, IMHO.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

The only difference between UMD and DDL, is that on UMD after you imported the DLC items it will automatically be stored in the storage and rendering the DLC useless unless you want multiple of of something. It's not as problematic as having to reactivate the game over and over when DLC is permanent after import.

It's especially useful when you transfer everything over to a new memory stick. No need to reactivate it just to use it.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Sorry, I deleted my old message about how I was happy to hear it. I've been told my Ami and Nohman that you do need to activate your PSN to use it. It's not including the free stuff that was on PSPo2 and is on the game itself. That stuff is actually not required for it, but anything you buy or is for Infinity only requires JPN PSN activation.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?