Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Sega Hacked/Some services temporarily unavailable

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on [email protected]
    Is this legit? I noticed at least two words that were misspelled.

"Apologize" and "Unauthorized" can also be spelled with an "s" instead of a "z". They aren't misspelled.

And, yes, that E-mail was legitimate.

Sega staff in the UK seem to oversee their websites, that's how we spell those words.

Hacking is now a new trend I see. Will it ever end?

The hack pile doesn't stop from growing taller.

first PSN, after codemasters and now Sega, its bad =[
    Sorry my bad english!

Quote Originally Posted by cristfc View Post
    first PSN, after codemasters and now Sega, its bad =[
    And other attempted hackings like Bethesda and Nintendo. It's not even interesting by this point.

Character ID: 中原小麦

Since SEGA's been hacked, I wonder if that means the hackers have access to our PSU character information. That would suck.

Here we go again...

Definition of hacking is actually applying any piece of code written to existing code. This is the computer science definition. The definition of "breaking into" a system and "trying to maliciously destroy it" was branded as a Law Enforcement definition.

We always enjoy laughing at our mighty men and women in blue, who always manage to create a new definition of things in their own little world and apply it to everyone.

99.99% of the time a hack occurs is because a vulnerability was exposed within the system itself. I find that hacking a program is actually a good thing if done correctly. Some of the most important hacks we all know and love are Patches and Updates. All they do is actually override code with stronger code.

When a system has malicious code by a third-party or so, then there are problems but exposing system vulnerabilities to multi-million and multi-billion dollar corporate entities are essential things..,.Now maybe they will care about their customers enough to want to actually give thought of protection rather than see every human being as a massive dollar sign and have them trust over their identity and other personal information to an unsecure system.

"There is no "I agree" or "I disagree" with this post. Its a matter of fact. A third party regardless their skill steal information stored in the database of a company, don't always blame the hacker. Blame the company as well for doing such a half-ass job securing servers.

I had ran mmo servers for years privately and people take advantage of privatizing servers to attempt hacks. I own a full secure system with a lot of hardware and the funny thing is.....I've recorded thousands of attempts against the system there hasnt been a breach since in four years, and I am just one person.

These multi-million dollar corporations have programming teams and IT departments completely staffed and paid for, Shame on them for not having the shred of intelligence to actually have the minimum defense required of a system.

Welcome to the reality everyone.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"